Start by marking “Relentless Pursuit (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #3)” as Want to Read:
Relentless Pursuit (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #3)

Relentless Pursuit

(Secrets of Roux River Bayou #3)

Rich with the Cajun flavors of south Louisiana, this final book in the Secrets of Roux River Bayou Series is a story of what it means to find true peace in an uncertain world.
Published May 1st 2012 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about Relentless Pursuit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relentless Pursuit

Suzanne
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I love that series!
Situated in a fictive town down in Louisiana, "Les Barbes" (The Beards).
It is a crime story, and it has recipes for gumbo.
It has funny and surprising people, so real I never thought I could find those.
The story: people are poisened, some die, especially one child, much loved by two of the protagonists, Zoe and her daughter.
Who has done it? Who could have done that awful thing? Nobody knows - but then the young and honest sister of one of the "
Bonnie
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What another enjoyable read from Kathy Herman! This whole series I hope to read again someday, as I enjoyed this one as much as the first!

Sax is ready to make amends, as he won't have any peace until he does. He messed up big time leaving his sister like that, and he can only hope she will forgive him. But his timing isn't the best, as there is someone poisoning some of the food and drinks in the area. Despite all that, he comes to really love his sister's family. How will he find th
Melanie
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Relentless Pursuit is the third and final book with Kathy Herman's Secrets of Roux River Bayou series. I have loved the stories and characters, so it's a little bittersweet to be done with the series.

This story gave a lot of closure in regards to a certain character and her past. It was quite interesting to see what she would choose to do. I think my favorite character was Adele, but they were really all great.

Overall, a great book and I recommend it!

*I receiv
JoAnn
I have really enjoyed Kathy Herman's books, and especially enjoyed this series. I really enjoy that all of her main characters are married, though at times struggling with real issues in their lives and marriages. It's nice to not have to have a book all about the romance.

I really enjoyed how this book closed the series and had a good closure for all the characters. I will say, that some of the characters from this series comes from the Sophie Trace Trilogy, so if you get a chance, y
Rebecca
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Will definitely go back and read the first two from this series.
Liz
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book finishes the trilogy nicely. I also liked how the author brought characters in from one of her other series. It made me want to go back and read that one again.
Julie
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series

If we would show this much grace how different this world we be! Can't wait to read more books by this author!!
Dan
Feb 23, 2018 added it
can I read it today?
Victor Gentile
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kathy Herman in her new book, “Relentless Pursuit” Book Three in the Secrets of Roux River Bayou series published by David C. Cook takes us back to the town of Les Barbes in Louisiana.

From the Back Cover: Sax Landry left home at seventeen to escape his father’s abuse, leaving his mother and sister to fend for themselves. Now, twenty-eight years later, both parents are dead, and guilt compels him to find his sister and make peace. His search leads to Les Barbes, Louisiana, where autho
Iola
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Relentless Pursuit is the third and final book in the Secrets of Roux River Bayou trilogy, following False Pretences and Dangerous Mercy, and begins two years after the events in Dangerous Mercy. While the main mystery plot is a stand-alone story, the subplot is related to the characters from the previous books, so it would help to read them in order. I read Dangerous Mercy and Relentless Pursuit books back-to-back, which made it easier to keep track of the multitude of characters.

Mo
Beth - ;)
This is the final book in the Secrets of Roux River Bayou series. Sax Henry is looking for his sister Shelby after having abandoned her and his mother to his father's abuse 28 years ago. Guilt is compelling him to find her and make peace. Meanwhile, in Les Barbes, Louisiana, someone has injected water bottles with cyanide and people are dying, including a 4-year-old boy. Sax's last chance to find Shelby is with Adele Woodmore, who employed her many years previously and who now lives in Les Barbe ...more
B.J. Robinson
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
You've all heard of saving the best for last. Well that's exactly what Kathy Herman has done. Her latest novel Rentless Pursuit: A Novel (Secrets of Roux River Bayou) is her best yet. I loved the first two in the series, but this one was the best, the way a series should be. I read it right before a vacation to Grand Isle, Louisiana. When you read the book, you'll see how that might get you thinking. My son told me to bring water with us. That was before I'd read the novel. It was profound. I do ...more
Glenajo
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the third installment in the Roux River Bayou that has been great fun to read. This book takes the reader back to Louisiana, with all the flavors of the south including hospitality and wonderful Cajun food. Many of the characters from the other novels play a role here, with Zoe’s long lost brother showing up, causing her much anxiety, while the town deals with a killer that laced arsenic in the food at a local buffet as well as several bottles of water. When a killer could strike anywher ...more
Ashley E
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, first-reads, y-02
Relentless Pursuit is a fantastic end to the Secrets of Roux River Bayou trilogy. The mystery is again edge-of-your-seat suspenseful and wonderfully detailed. But my favorite part was Sax and his connection to Zoe. I don't want to give anything away, but let's just say that Zoe isn't done dealing with her past yet. The emotions are so real and overwhelming. You can't help but feel for what these two must resolve.

Of course, this wouldn't be a Roux River book without the whole town inv
Melissa
Mar 23, 2012 rated it liked it
In the third and final book of the Roux River Bayou series, Herman deftly wraps up storylines and provides an element of mystery at the same time. It's fairly obvious from the beginning who the culprit is, but the reasons why and the way the other characters' stories fit together make this novel a worthwhile read.
SUMMARY: Sax Henry comes to Les Barbes, Louisiana, because he has a lead on where his sister might be living. He escaped an abusive environment at age seventeen and has never been
Bree
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Warning this book contains child sex abuse and insest. So I rated this book lower than usual. The main thing about this book that doesn't sit with me is the two main characters are coming to terms about forgiving their parents for sexual abuse. It therefore has a lot of dialogue about God and God's role in it all. When this is discussed in books I feel that it comes across as fake and all of a sudden with God and their Christian phrases, all is fixed my end of the book.

I did actually finish the
Mandy
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Sax at 17 years old, left his abusive home in search of happiness. But he never found true happiness and instead, became consumed as an adult with finding his little sister he left behind. Zoe has created a new life for herself: a new name, a family, a growing relationship with God, and has even forgiven her parents for the abuse she grew up with as a child. The one thing she still struggles with is forgiving her brother for abandoning her. Not only do Sax and Zoe need healing, but the little to ...more
Audrey Grant
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won, own
I really enjoyed revisiting the characters from this series again! I had read book one as an ebook and enjoyed it very much. So I was thrilled when I was picked by Kathy Herman in a book give away as a winner for book three!
Now I just have to get my haves on #2 to fill in the blanks.
But I have really enjoyed this series that has combined mystery, food, Louisianan ambiance, & learning to forgive along with huge doses of Grace & "build your own" family!

Mary Beth
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Book Addiction and More MBA
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
RELENTLESS PURSUIT by Kathy Herman is a good Christian book. It is Book 3 in the “Secrets of Roux River Bayou” series,see,” False Pretenses”,and “Dangerous Mercy”.I like the way the characters work together,how they prayed for each other,and how they stuck together. This story could be a lesson for all of us, it teaches us all to pray for everybody. A good story.Received for an honest review.
RATING: 4
HEAT RATING: SWEET
REVIEWED BY: DorothyA, My Book Addiction and More
Deb Novack
This is the last book in the Secrets of Roux River Bayou series and in all fairness to the author I have not read the other books, so here is my review for this book.I liked it that the police department was not the main character as they are in so many mysteries. I liked that the characters were not all perfect, but were likeable and brave. I did love the Louisiana settings. Great mystery, I will be reading the first two books.

Thanks to Net Galley and David C Cook
Lisa
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another phenomenal book by Kathy Herman. I have loved watching Zoe grow in life and in faith in this Secrets of Roux River Bayou series. In this last book in the series, it was nice to see Zoe reconcile with her brother and her past. Kudos to Kathy Herman for showing that although we are called to forgive, it's not always easy. Thank God He is always there to walk through with us.
Leanne
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series and the characters. This book included characters from the other books and introduced others to keep it interesting. I thought the relationship between Emily and Chance was contrived and at times Emily made me angry the way she babied Chance, but overall, I enjoyed the book. I figured out the killer about midway into the book so it could have concluded earlier.
Jenna
Overall a satisfying continuation of the series, though (as has been the case in the series) some of these characters are a bit "too good to be true". I like the continuation of the characters from the Sophie Trace trilogy (and kind of wish Brill and Kurt would pop in this series, too). I wonder if a book 4 is in the works. The series could end here, but also could keep going.
Ronie
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
In a collision of heart and soul, Relentless Pursuit is a poignant portrayal of God’s passionate pursuit of us. With its gut-wrenching rendering of complicated family dynamics, heart-stopping suspense, and plain beautiful Looziana charm, Relentless Pursuit is captivating. Kathy Herman has another winner on her hands.
Holly
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Kathy Herman is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Book three in this series was another excellent story. I did figure out fairly early in the book who the "bad guy" was but it didn't lessen the enjoyment of the story.
I'll be doing a full review of this book and Dangerous Mercy on my blog and giving away my copy of Dangerous Mercy.
Charlie Kelley
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was all ready to give this book 3 stars. Fore it was a little slow going. However, normally I am able to know "who did it" or at least have a good idea pretty early. I did not see this one come. The last 2/3rd of this book made it for me.
Chris Osburn
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another one hit out of the park! I just love the way she grabs you from the first page, I could not put it down! Loved the whole series!!!
Jack
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great characters, great setting. Mystery plot was a little thin, I figured it out very early and I'm usually not able to do so for most mysteries.
Wjsimo
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Last book in the series, leaves me a little sad - the characters in the books are good and the mystery keeps you guessing until the end.

• Mary's Blessing (McKenna's Daughters, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #4)
  • Chasing the Wind
  • Raider's Heart (Backwoods Brides #1)
  • Cuts Like a Knife (Kristen Conner Mystery #1)
  • Eyes of Justice
  • Rainbow's End
  • Temptation (Solitary Tales, #3)
  • Wounds
  • The Widow of Saunders Creek
  • Talon: Combat Tracking Team (A Breed Apart, #2)
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • Gone to Ground
  • The Chase (Crime Scene: Houston, #1)
  • Spirit Fighter (Son of Angels, #1)
  • Cowgirl Trail (Texas Trails, #5)
  • The Breath of Dawn (A Rush of Wings, #3)
  • Nick of Time (Bug Man Series #6)
Best-selling suspense novelist Kathy Herman has written twenty novels—including the Secrets or Roux River Bayou Series, Sophie Trace Series, the Seaport Suspense Series, and the Phantom Hollow Series—since retiring from her family’s Christian bookstore business. She and her late husband Paul have a blended family of three grown children. Kathy lives in the Northwest.

Secrets of Roux River Bayou (3 books)
  • False Pretenses (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #1)
  • Dangerous Mercy (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #2)