Start by marking “Das höchste Maß an Hingabe (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)” as Want to Read:
Das höchste Maß an Hingabe (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)

Das höchste Maß an Hingabe

(Star Trek: Enterprise #10)

Ohne Warnung oder Provokation erscheint eine Xindi-Waffe über der Erde und entfesselt eine Explosion, die auf zwei Kontinenten Millionen Lebewesen tötet. Es ist nur die erste Waffe dieser Art: Eine zweite wird noch gebaut, und dieses Mal könnte sie sogar den gesamten Planeten zerstören. In einem verzweifelten Versuch, die Erde und ihre Bewohner zu retten, muss die Sternenf ...more
Mass Market Paperback, deutsche Erstausgabe, 332 pages
Published April 13th 2011 by CrossCult, Ludwigsburg (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Das höchste Maß an Hingabe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Das höchste Maß an Hingabe

Start your review of Das höchste Maß an Hingabe (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
Matthew Kresal
As part of my on-again-off-again reading of the various Enterprise novels, I've circled back around at last to the first of the "relaunch" novels published well over a decade ago now. Last Full Measure, unlike the other books, is set not after the series but during the middle of it. Indeed, during the very earliest part of season three's Xindi War arc. In doing so, Micahel A. Martin and Andy Mangels offer some fresh and intriguing insights into the conflicts within the conflict both between Star ...more
Piper Harris
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: staaar-trekking
EXCELLENT character work. Miss the Enterprise people!!
Nimrodds
!יש עוד הרבה לקרוא בעלילה זו
M
May 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Chiara
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, lets say it was all right. Enjoyable, off-canon true, but still a fairly good read. It did drag a little at times, and I was slightly annoyed at the poor character development (particularly Travis, I can't recall how many times the fact he was a space-boomer was mentioned). I would recommend this to definite STE fans, otherwise steer clear.
Crystal Bensley
An ok Enterprise book with an interesting ending!
Adam Goss
Apr 21, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I feel weird rating this one because A. I read almost all of it but technically not all, I found myself skimming and then skipping ahead to the end after I got to the point where I had less than 100 pages to go, and B. just because I did that does not mean I don't think this book might appeal to someone else.

The authors (duo of Martin and Mangels) had apparently written much fiction before this, including working together, but this book felt like a first-time effort with an awful lot of repetiti
Jay
The Enterprise is exploring the Delphic Expanse in search of the Xindi, who have attacked Earth and killed 7 million people. In an effort to stop a second attack, Archer and his crew search desperately for the Xindi homeworld. New additions to the crew are 36 soldiers from Military Assault Command Operations group (MACOs) who are tasked with handling any combat-based missions. Tensions are running a bit high between the MACOs and the Starfleet crew due to cramped quarters and differing philosoph ...more
David King
"Last Full Measure" by Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels was the first of the Enterprise re-launch novels to be released which continued telling original stories after the end of the TV series. Although I will clarify that outside the framing story, "Last Full Measure" is set firmly within the time period of the show and actually follows on quite well from the last Star Trek book I read, "The Expanse".

The central storyline is quite standard compared to most of the other stories set in Enterprise'
Tony
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
A book that is a stand-alone story during the beginnings of the Xindi conflict. It does a good job at describing more about the MACOs onboard, but as a fan of Star Trek Enterprise, I would have liked more depth about some of the main casts that get no love, like Mayweather. The story is engaging and fun, but it may drag just a little bit in the beginning.

It is a fun read for any Star Trek Enterprise fan. While this is a stand-alone story, it does set up a few things for the next book, which can
Andrew Maddox
Well, my first experience with an Enterprise novel and overall I've come away feeling... meh. I want to preface this by explaining that I wasn't the biggest fan of Enterprise when it first aired but last year I re-watched it and gained a new sense of appreciation for it. This novel though just didn't do it justice in my opinion.

First of all the plot. Its set within the third season and the story just didn't grab me. I knew right away that due to the plot and the setting, this story was going to
Camille
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, e-books
Okay, let's get to the point - it was wishy-washy. I only read the book because I was keen to read The Good That Men Do and Romulan War novels, and I figured I should cover the entire Enterprise relaunch from the start. And while I don't regret reading it, it was far from a masterpiece.

The premise of the story is good - the tension between Starfleet and the MACOs during season three wasn't explored much in the TV series outside of Reed and Hayes bashing each other up, so Martin and Mangles evide
Viktor
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it. The story telling gets a little monotonous at times. The ending is wonderful, the beginning is wonderful. It's the book in which they start to " fix " what left broken in the last episode of ENT.
Robert Sparrenberger
The good: classic self contained Star Trek novel with a decent story and plot.

The bad: captain archer never, ever would have tortured that alien. The authors did a disservice to themselves by inserting politics into their dedication. They were trying to make a connection to the CIA and their enhanced interrogation techniques. Captain archer never would have done that.

For the record I don't want to know about whether you thought the Iraq war was justified or not. I'm reading your book because I
Dan
Nov 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ent, star-trek
An interesting and action-driven story, Last Full Measure was a fun read. However, the failure on the authors' parts to adhere to established Trek canon (character deaths, T'Pol's rank or lack thereof) were annoying and did take me out of the story somewhat. I understand that this is obsessive attention to detail, but I'm a Star Trek fan and this is a Star Trek novel; what do you expect? All of that said, Last Full Measure was worth reading, and the examination of the relationship between the St ...more
Angela
Set early on when the Mako's first turn up on Enterprise, this novel looks at the differences between Mako's and Starfleet. From having to share tiny rooms to having vastly different philosophies about everything. There's some nice character moments, and looks at how far they will go to save the Earth. The plot is the Enterprise trying to find the Xindi, and stumbling on a Xindi base. This is a decent enough story but it is the characters that will keep you reading. A good read.
J.L.
I decided not to finish this book for 100% subjective reasons. This novel was very well written, and the characterization of the Enterprise crew was spot-on. I also loved how fleshed out the authors made the MACO characters.

Unfortunately, I found myself less interested in a book that takes place between two episodes of the show, so like I said, that's all on me. I think that anyone else who enjoys reading Star Trek Enterprise novels should absolutely give this one a shot.
Amy
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ette
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's a Star Trek novel (yes, a theme in my current reads). But it's from the TV show Enterprise--a nightmare of Trek in my humble opinion. It's not an awful book, but I wasn't a big fan of ENT. I'll stop here before I get into geek-speak ramblings :)
James
Mar 01, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
Far better than much of the other books of this genre. It's an actual Sci Fi novel with political intrigue. But I would have gotten more out of it if I was more invested in this particular Star Trek (Archer/Enterprise) series.
Robert Lewter
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great entertainment.
Bobby Litton
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great book! Surprising ending, but very awesome!
Taylor
Jan 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, star-trek
Pretty basic adaptation of a portion of the Enterprise series. Some new character and situations added, not a lot of surprises. First in the new relauch series.
Joseph Barnes
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story line. This was an adventure not shown on the series but fits very well into the storyline. Has a surprise about one of the characters on the show who was "killed"...:)
Mejan
Danny
Apr 23, 2014
Seth Lee Straughan
Sep 13, 2012

• The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • Tower of Babel
  • Live by the Code
  • A Choice of Futures (Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #1)
  • Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War
  • Uncertain Logic (Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #3)
  • Strangers from the Sky
  • The Persistence of Memory (Star Trek TNG: Cold Equations, #1)
  • Dawn (Legend of the Galactic Heroes #1)
  • If It Bleeds
  • Patterns of Interference
  • Day of the Vipers (Star Trek Terok Nor Book 1)
  • Ambition (Legend of the Galactic Heroes #2)
  • Armageddon's Arrow (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • 20th Victim (Women's Murder Club, #20)
  • Sight Unseen (Star Trek: Titan)
  • The Light Fantastic (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Atonement (Star Trek: Voyager)
Michael A. Martin's solo short fiction has appeared in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. He has also coauthored (with Andy Mangels) several Star Trek comics for Marvel and Wildstorm and numerous Star Trek novels and eBooks, including the USA Today bestseller Titan: Book One: Taking Wing; Titan: Book Two: The Red King; the Sy Fy Genre Award-winning Star Trek: Worlds of Deep Space 9 Book Tw ...more

Star Trek: Enterprise (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)
  • What Price Honor? (Star Trek: Enterprise #4)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • Daedalus (Star Trek: Enterprise #7)
  • Daedalus's Children (Star Trek: Enterprise #8)
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • The Good That Men Do (Star Trek: Enterprise #11)

News & Interviews