Start by marking “How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?” as Want to Read:
How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?

How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?

(How Do Dinosaurs...?)

How do dinosaurs make cookies? The only way they know how--with scratch-and-sniff cookie scents throughout!

These classic, bestselling characters from Jane Yolen and Mark Teague are through eating dinner and they are ready for dessert!

With cookie-themed scratch-and-sniff scents throughout, Jane Yolen and Mark Teague's deliciously funny dinosaurs are given a brand new sense,
Novelty Book, 14 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?

Columbus
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Another one of the "How Do Dinosaurs" series of books. This is a smaller, novelty version of the big dinosaur books. The little one didn't gravitate or take to this as much as the others because of the reduced size I imagine. I mean the little ones like their dinosaurs humongous, right. This one also came equipped with 2 recipes at the end of the book: Cinnama-Saurus Rex & Fossilized Lemon Tracks. I'll wait to try these when I'm in the mood for having a flour, sugar & baking powder fight ...more
Ruby Velazquez
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
How do Dinosaurs Eat cookies? Is a very creative book, that starts off with each page explaining what a student might think when a dinosaur makes or eats cookies. As adults we can imagine these dinosaur’s behaviors as their children’s very own. When children read this book, they are able to make connections with it if they’ve ever made cookies before. If not, they can relate to just eating the delicious finished product. After reading as a class I would apply this in my classroom by using the rh ...more
Jill
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A scratch and sniff book! What could be better? One that had something to scratch and sniff on each page! The last 2 don't have any! What?! Anyway, this is what makes the book great, the text is not always great. And there are a few awkward phrasings, but it smells good, so who cares?! Watch a group of 15-30 kids scratching and sniffing away and you'll realize, nobody. ;-)
Mrs. Emerson
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first How Do Dinosaurs book. I did not know there was a series of books when I picked this up to read to my almost 7 week old baby! I'm very excited to check out the other books. There are two cookie recipes in the book as well to make and share as a family.
Kristina
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am happy to know that dinosaurs have such good manners. my kids and I enjoyed reading this book. I would recommend this book to others.
Miss Sarah
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The dinosaurs are teaching good manners when it comes to prepping, baking and eating cookies. super cute. toddler and up
Molly
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I especially like how the names of each dinosaur are written out underneath them.
Suzanne Kunz Williams
A fun book about cookies with 2 cookie recipes in the back.

**Talking points - what are you favorite types of cookies? What are your favorite desserts? Who do you like cooking with and why?
Drew Graham
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Apparently dinosaurs occasionally bake and eat cookies. But this begs the question: HOW?

This isn't the best installment in the How Do Dinosaurs series. It seems a little gimmicky in every way: it's a different size and format, it's a pretty random premise, it features scratch-and-sniff cookie spots (which didn't smell like a thing, but that's probably because we checked it out from the library), and it has recipes in the back. Mostly it seemed odd that the artwork was almost completely recycled
R
Feb 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Dinosaurs apparently have much better manners than children, so one is left to wonder why they're extinct but there are still lots of noisy, messy, rude children running around. The scratch and sniff was a nice touch (although it does wear out after a while) Illustrations were nice and surprisingly up to date (notice the feathers on some species).
Marti
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-reader
I just love the "How Do Dinosaurs" books! The only reason I didn't give this one five stars is because it's not a completely "new" story. This is a scratch n' sniff board book for babies and some/most? of the pictures are recycled from other books and the text is shorter and less complex than the original books. A perfect introduction to the "How Do Dinosaur" books for little ones though! :)
Thebruce1314
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
The text is kind of silly, but just the thing that kids love. The illustrations are awesome - bright, colourful and detailed - just the thing that I love! The scratch and sniff was defective in my copy, so I can't comment on that, but a cute book nonetheless. The first I've read in the series.
The Badger
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love these dinosaur books. When I have "book-dates" with younger students for good behavior, I may possibly maybe sort of kind of lead them towards either the dinosaur books or the Skippy John Jones books.
Karen
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it
This isn't my favorite of the "Dinosaur" books. The artwork is still wonderful, and there are some intriguing word choices, but it doesn't flow as well as some of the earlier books in this series.

Still, the book does contain recipes for cookies for all kinds of dinosaurs.

Elizabeth S
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-board
If you love the series, you'll notice that this is more of the same. We get a lot of baking and cookie-eating etiquette. The scratch-n-sniff part wasn't very effective in our copy of the book. But that is okay. (Maybe even preferable!)
Joenna
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler
"Making cool cookies and eating them, too, is something that very good dinosaurs do. Inside you'll find cookies and sweet smells galore. So scratch, sniff, and eat up, little dinosaur!"

Ummm...scratch and sniff???!! Yes, please!
Great Books
Feb 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family
Fans of Jane Yolen's dinosaur books will enjoy this tasty addition. Sturdy board book pages, delightful rhyming text, scratch-and-sniff features, and cookie recipes to "eat and share" combine to make this a family favorite. Reviewer 11.
Michelle
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Super cute. Scratch and sniff too!
Meg McGregor
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Fun, entertaining, and filled with the scents of cookies, this one of the dinosaur series will have your little ones craving cookies.

You will too!
Morgan
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
With Scratch and Sniff cookie smells!
Dana
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some of the rhymes a little bit stilted, but the kids should still enjoy it since it's about cookies and dinosaurs.
Misty
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just read this with my son last night. Really fun poem about dinosaurs and cookies. Also has scratch and sniff on each page. My son is 8 and was able to read this easily as well on his own.
Brian
Feb 11, 2012 added it
Shelves: kids, food
It's all about sharing and not pigging out, and to help recipes are provided. We loved the strawberry scratch and sniff.
Vrishank madishetty
  • Blue Goose
  • If I Were a Jungle Animal
  • Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!
  • The Deep Blue Sea: A Book of Colors
Jane Yolen is a novelist, poet, fantasist, journalist, songwriter, storyteller, folklorist, and children’s book author who has written more than three hundred books. Her accolades include the Caldecott Medal, two Nebula Awards, the World Fantasy Award, three Mythopoeic Awards, the Kerlan Award, two Christopher Awards, and six honorary doctorate degrees from colleges and universities in Massachuset ...more

How Do Dinosaurs...? (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Go to School?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?