Start by marking “Because of the List” as Want to Read:
Because of the List

Because of the List (Make Me a Match #4)

Taylor McCabe likes equations. They make sense. But one buttoned-up computer whiz plus an injured army pilot simply does not add up. It's time to get over her childish crush on Alex Worth, her brother's best friend, and find a husband. Enter The List—Taylor's ten must-have traits for a viable suitor.But her plan goes awry when Alex insists on vetting each contender. The wa ...more
Published November 29th 2011 by Harlequin

Brandy
Nov 13, 2011 Brandy rated it it was amazing
BECAUSE OF THE LIST is fantastic. There are no other words to describe this book. Great pace, characterization and story line. I was brought to tears so many times I was sure someone in my house was going to ask me what was wrong. I could feel Taylor's emotions of not fitting in. How she was tired of being an obligation. I understood Alex feeling like a failure in his Army career and felt the pain of his injuries and not wanting anyone to see it. The drive and determination to get back out there ...more
Nov 22, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Taylor was so down on herself because of the way she felt in social situations. Because of her intelligence and the way she was treated when she was a kid, she had never developed the social skills that others had. She adored her older brother, and had had a crush on his best friend when she was a teen. When her brother was killed, and Alex was injured, he felt it was his duty too watch out for her, especially since he felt responsible for Quinn's death When he found ou ...more
Thenia
A light book I picked up after hearing about it by an author whose books I enjoy. A predictable love story with simple characters that I may have liked more had I not read it right after one of my favorite series. Super intelligent women that don't really show any signs of it versus kick-ass women who ooze awesomeness without effort isn't really a fair fight.

Anyway, an enjoyable enough read that deals with some interesting issues but not delving very deeply into them.
Shafagh
Jul 10, 2017 Shafagh rated it did not like it
Shelves: war-worship
What a hero, army pilot bombing people in other countries when your country invades them, burning little children alive in their sleep. And he can't wait till he can go back to his job, there are babies to be burnd. And the gun worship...very romantic indeed. Does the military industry sponsors this kind of books? or the warmonger politicians?
Nath
Feb 04, 2012 Nath rated it really liked it
Larena
Nov 30, 2011 Larena rated it it was amazing
Contemporary, Madison, Wisconsin

Taylor McCabe is a computer whiz that is more comfortable dealing with computer code than she is with people. She knows it is now time to get over her childhood crush and start looking to the future. That is harder than she thought since Alex has been in her life for so long and the fact that he was her brother’s best friend makes things more complicated. Taylor thinks she has come up with a solution that will help her find a man that will help her get over her c
Wendy
Feb 06, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
BECAUSE OF THE LIST is such a great story. Taylor makes a list of what she wants in her "perfect man", he's not anything like her brother's best friend, Alex. Alex is determined to look after Taylor since he feels it's his fault that her brother was killed while they were both overseas fighting for our country. Alex is dealing with his injuries but not the guilt. What follows is a great story of romance from two people who want love but have a hard time accepting it. The story is believable, fas ...more
Devz Milady
Jun 11, 2015 Devz Milady rated it liked it
This is a decent novel and has a nice plot.

My only problem is - this wasnt what I was expecting from a romance novel, cos this has a lot more painful emotions and safe story than some steaming intimate moments.
Actually some of it kinda killed the buzz cos you cant bring up a dead brother during an intimate moment without making the whole scene really painful..

However all characterizations are good.
Taylor and Alex come across as nice lovable characters - not exactly heroine/hero material but more
Lori
Jan 09, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it
I really, really loved this. I could totally relate to Taylor's shyness and her deelings of not fitting in. And could sympathize with Alex's feelings of guilt. Both for the Quinn's dealth and for messing around with his best friend's sister. I loved how he treated her so beautifully, aside from hos bonehead stubbornness,which had nothing to do with Taylor and everything to do with him.

I also liked the relationships forged with his brother and sister and how the friendship grew between Taylor and
Devin Lind
Spoiler alert.

This was your run-of-the-mill het romance, but with a "flawed" hero (which is pretty much a prerequisite in order for me to read Harlequin novels...) So far so good.

But as the story went on, there was less mention of the injuries /disabilities. And in the end, the hero was more or less healed. Needless to say, this was a disappointment. Still, I liked the characters and the story in general. I can always write a new ending in a fanfiction story. *nodnod*
Dawn
Oct 25, 2014 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern
To tell the truth, I did not expect to like this book. The depth of the characters and the emotional turmoil in both of the, for the same and different reasons, had me hook line and sinker. Real issues, real to life characters, real good story.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Make Me a Match
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Make Me a Match
Samia Ruponti
Jan 25, 2012 Samia Ruponti rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A fun read. it is perfect for a relaxing evening at home!
Sarah Coleman
Sarah Coleman rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2011
Ilias joy
Ilias joy rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Maria Newton
Maria Newton rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2014
Melinda Dozier
Melinda Dozier rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2012
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2012
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Simone Stephanie
Simone Stephanie rated it it was ok
May 22, 2012
Katia
Katia rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2012
Meshanna
Meshanna rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2011
Connie
Connie rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2012
Jojo
Jojo rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Amy Knupp is the author of contemporary romance, a freelance copy editor for Blue Otter Editing, a freelance technical writer, and a marketing consultant for a local start-up company. She loves words and grammar and meaty, engrossing stories with complex characters.

Amy lives in Wisconsin with her husband, two teenage sons, four cats, and two box turtles. She graduated from the University of Kansas
More about Amy Knupp...

Make Me a Match (4 books)
  • With a Little Help