Start by marking “The Great American Awakening: Two Years That Changed America, Washington, and Me: Two Years That Changed America, Washington, and Me” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Great American Awa...

Jim DeMint

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
U.S senator Jim DeMint rallies Americans to look back at the political corruption in this country over the past two years and join together in taking back their government in 2012.
Unknown Binding, 315 pages
Published May 27th 2014 by Not Avail (first published May 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Great American Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great American Awakening

Naomi Blackburn
Jun 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Jim Demint's writing and always seek out his books..He has so a no-nonsense, take no prisoners, it really isn't rocket science manner of speaking about issues in Washington and the impact on the country. The best thing is that he is willing to hold his own party's members feet to the fire so it doesn't come off as partisan. A short read which packs a powerful punch!!
Robert
If you were not very engaged during the 2008-2010 elections, this is a great review. Also, if you are coming around to realizing the need for common sense and fiscal discipline in DC, then DeMint is the man you want to listen to.
(To this group I would recommend the book with a 5 star rating.)

Like all that I have read from Senator DeMint, this too proves to be an easy to follow book delivered by a politician who you feel is sincere and that you can trust--regardless of wether you agree with him
Stephen Gallup
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't read much nonfiction these days, and (aside from getting my news every day) I don't read about politics at all. In the evening, when it's finally time to relax with a book, I prefer to think about other subjects, because, regardless of whether I agree with the author's point of view, the message is likely to upset me. However, this book was handed to me at a party recently, and out of respect for the giver I put it in the queue.

The beginning is very compelling in its recitation of nonsto
Sally
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: politics
Following his New York Times best seller, Saving Freedom, U.S. Senator Jim DeMint's The Great American Awakening chronicles two tumultuous years from the presidential election of 2008 through the mid-term elections of 2010 – a period that witnessed a controversial stimulus bill package, high-profile takeovers, and lesser-known executive actions that epitomize political paybacks and moral decay. With great integrity, DeMint shares untold insider views of such dealings that will further motivate c ...more
Richard
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jim DeMint is a thorn in the side of the entrenched Republican establishment. Good for him! This book is an entertaining narrative of his time in the Senate and on the political scene from Election Day 2008 through Election Day 2010. The subtitle of the book exactly describes what you will find inside: Two Years That Changed America, Washington, and Me. DeMint talks about his one-man stand against Republican earmark spending and under-the-radar appropriations. He tells how he decided to support ...more
David
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: political, cultural
Sean Hannity was absolutely right that this book is "essential reading for anyone who wants to understand why so many Americans clued in and got involved" in 2010. It is also essential reading for anyone who want to truly understand what conservatives will be fighting against in their efforts to restore limited government.

May we built upon our 2010 successes in 2012 and beyond.
Kathy
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Senator Jim DeMint is a breath of fresh air when it comes to politics. This book gives accounts of his battles for conservatism and transparency even against those in his own party. It is a reinforcement for anyone who believes that for the sake of our country we have to replace the current government in this coming November election.
Lundy Holbrook III
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: political
I would highly recommend this book. It is a great source to understanding the horrible impact of Obama's first two years in office on the American economy. Great for anyone curious about the failure of Obama's presidency.
Brendan Steinhauser
Reading DeMint's book brought back some great memories from 2009-2010, and the rise of the tea party movement. DeMint covers the historic 2010 elections that changed DC for a long time to come. This book is a great read and a reminder that the tea party has made a huge impact in American politics.
Karen
Nov 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who want an inside look at politics in Washington
Recommended to Karen by: Jim DeMint
Jim DeMint is one of my heroes. He saw and fought the destruction of America when all the other politicians were too afraid to "buck the establishment." This is a man with principles, who doesn't covet his political office more than liberty!
Steve Abney
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great insight into the struggle of a principled & honest politician battling the entrenched establishment for the benefit of all Americans. Need more people like Senator Jim DeMint in Washington.
Kathy Crossley
Antonio Velazquez
Jan 19, 2015
Thad
Aug 19, 2013
James Warren "Jim" DeMint (born September 2, 1951) is an American politician who was a United States Senator from South Carolina from 2005 to 2013. He is a member of the Republican Party and a leading member in the Tea Party movement. He previously served as the United States Representative for South Carolina's 4th congressional district from 1999 to 2005. DeMint resigned from the Senate on Januar ...more
More about Jim DeMint...