Start by marking “Keep Me” as Want to Read:
Keep Me

Keep Me

The last thing Marcus wants to do after a long, sweaty day is answer the ringing doorbell. He wants to face his young former lover, who stands on his doorstep in search of forgiveness, even less. Marcus isn't sure he can risk his heart, but he can't turn the boy away, either. When he discovers where the boy's demons have taken him, Marcus finds that what he wants begins to ...more
Published July 21st 2011 by Kerry Freeman (first published July 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Keep Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep Me

Exina
A very short, bittersweet story about second chance love. Recommended!
I barely contained my need to claim him... There was time enough later to return to our rough play. Tonight, I reminded myself, was about forgiveness, about welcoming my fallen angel home.

A Girl Has No Name
3 stars!

Keep Me is focusing on the reunion of Marcus and his boy. After having realized that Marcus can’t keep his boy from destroying himself, he needs to let him go. Devastated about what might have happened to his boy, Marcus is surprised to see him at his door step one night.

The story is very short, basically just one scene, but the author managed to include a lot of information in this single moment. It offered an interesting glimpse into Marcus and his boy’s previous and possible future
V
Nov 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bear-mc
My idea of loving someone is unconditionally, if you don't love someone like that for me it's not love.
Marcus sent his boy away before his boy would destroyed him?? So Marcus wasn't men or strong enough to help his boy with the drugs and sent him on the street to deal with his drug abused all by himself and his boy went trough hell without his support.
Now his boy is back clean and beautiful and NOW Marcus wants him and forgive him?
If I was Ben I will get on with my life and find someone who love
Marte - Thunderella
*** 3,5 second chance stars ***

A Boy and his Daddy reunites. It was sweet, but short and it left me wanting more. There was a lot of unanswered questions and maybe the forgiveness came too quickly, but it was clear they loved each other.

---------------------
I knew there was still a lot of hurdles in our future, a lot of shoes waiting to drop, but right now I wanted to bask in that smile. The hurdles and shoes could wait until tomorrow.
---------------------

---------------------------------------
Marlobo

Second read, same feel. It was being a solid 3-star reading, but something towards the end —I cannot put my finger on what was— deflated my assessment a bit.
Elena
I'm not sure I'm OK with a Dom kicking out his boy at his lowest... (view spoiler) but... the writing style was nice and the scene was sweet :)
Nile Princess

I've re-read this story so many times since the first time. It's one of my absolute favorites. THIS is a Daddy story to me. Loving, firm guidance and care not all paddles, handcuffs and kink (though those do have their place). You can tell Ben was devoted to his 'papa', and that Marcus wanted no one else as his boy. So much emotion, love and heat in such a short piece. I would absolutely read a full length story about this couple.
Em
Aug 22, 2012 rated it liked it
I love my daddy kink and enjoyed this little story about a daddy forgiving his boy and welcoming him home. Not sure how I missed it?
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Story is posted in the M/M Romance group here

This one left so many questions, maybe that why I don’t like stories about established or reestablishing relationships that much.

The writing was good but I didn’t like the “papa” and “boy” talk.

A few of the questions I had:

What happened in the year he was sober, what has he been doing? What do either of them do?

Where/when/how did they meet?

How long were they together? When why he get into drugs?

Why should the reader think they love each other after
SheReadsALot
Free Daddy kink about second chances- a forgiving Daddy and his repentant ex-drug abusing boy. Short story, wished it was longer but the length still gets the main point across. 3.5 STARS but I will round up.
Sara
Didn't mean to read this at my desk first thing in the morning but I am so glad I did.
This is a beautiful story about second chances with a Daddy and his Boy.
Marcus and Ben made me feel so many emotions in less than 16 pages.
Well done.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jan 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies, mm, ebook
I enjoyed this short story about addiction and forgiveness. I felt as though it was like a really long blurb that had me interested in reading more. I really would have liked to have read about the beginning of Marcus and Ben's relationship, what happened to cause Ben to turn to drugs and then choose them over Marcus, about Ben's struggles with his addiction and what he had been doing in the year he had been clean. I didn't like that Marcus didn't question any of this or how fast they jumped bac ...more
Alex
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Consider all my buttons pushed. Psychological (drug addiction): check. Sub/dom: check. Happy fucking ending (or is that happy ending fucking?): check. Sweet tough guy: check. I nearly squeaked at work I liked this one so much. Hot, sweet and lovely.
Beck
This was a snap-shot peek at an established couple as they re-unite ... although it was poignant and sweet, I was left wanting more information to give me a better perspective about the characters ... it's free so I gave it an extra star but it left me wanting.
Suzanne Thomas
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Very nice, Kerry!

I love a good drug addict.

I think a short story about Ben going down his downward spiral would be very interesting.

good job!
Laura ~Passion flower
Heart warming..
Cindi
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. It was sad but yet it was sweet as well. Ben broke my heart. The love between him and Marcus is so obvious but the trust had to be proven in order for them to move forward.

Like other reviewers, I would have liked to have known where Ben was in the previous year and how he was able to get where he is in the story. Marcus and Ben obviously love each other and we know the reasons why Marcus let him go two years earlier. The first year was explained but I would like to kn
Shelby
I'm not normally a big fan of daddy kink but this is well put together and I appreciated what the two men meant to each other. Ben's descent into drugs destroyed Marcus and while he did what he had to do to save himself he never forgot about his boy. I appreciated the emotional content the author infuses into this story I just wish it had been longer.

There's a lot of history between these two and Ben is still very much dealing with his addiction as he's only a year sober. They were very touching
Bettye Kanady
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
I actually kind of liked this story. I was unsure how to take the tag of "Daddy/boy angst" but it was nothing like I thought at all. It was just the titles that were used; Marcus was "Papa" and Ben was "boy". The story started out with Marcus trying to settle down from a long day at work when there's a knock on his door. He decides to take a chance and answer the door, only to find the last person he expected to see, but certainly had been hoping for. Ben had been tossed out of Marcus' home for ...more
CAS
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A Very Very special story. Very powerful and moving. I would love to see these two again in the very near future..

It's' not an easy thing to trust again and to live with someone recovering from drug addiction. A year, that first year is a major milestone accomplishment without a doubt, but this is something that they will have to work together on for life. So to me it says alot about how much love and faith Marcus has for and is placing in Ben. Beautifully written and very true and credible.

Tha
Sasha Conte
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, sweet-stuff
I loved this short. Yay for Kerry! The characters are well drawn and have enough pull to get you into the story in spite of its short lenght. The dynamics between the "boy" and his "papa" or rather his Marcus are nicely depicted without being too obvious or in any way exaggerated (something I've found in many bdsm stories recently). These are two real people, with real problems - and a kink or two... ; )

Shelley Chastagner
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
An interesting story of forgiveness. You can feel the pain of the past between these two. Marcus has been hurt too many times to not be leery. Ben's fear of rejection and shame is tangible. I liked that once Marcus has given his forgiveness he's invested in the relationship completely. He doesn't want repeated apologies, but to love and support Ben in his quest for continuing sobriety.
Adult read
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two anthology. Story #11***

See I've read this some weeks ago and forgot to update it here.

Now I can't remember it enough to review it properly.

I only remember the plot and that it didn't left me with a bad nor a blown-away feeling.

So I won't rate it.
Kath
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sincerely this one left me with more questions than answers. It wasn't too bad but could have been way better.
The 'boy' and 'papa' talk wasn't so likeable, it felt, to me, like the 'boy' was just extremely young, don't even remember if his age was mentioned...
So yeah it had a lot of room for more clarity and improvement...
It was well written tho, but needed an extra push.
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
I saw this picture and I just wanted to know what the story behind this intimate moment was. Why this caring hand on the head, did the man with the tattoo have a hard time? Please give them a HEA.

Wendy Ann
Beautiful and moving! The author tackled a tough issue so very well in this story. I loved the connection and intense feelings between Marcus and Ben. When Ben called Marcus "Papa", it gave me shivers:) I'd love nothing more than to see a longer version of their story! Great representation of the picture and awesome story!!!

Monique
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I would have liked if the author explained a lot of stuff a little bit more such as what caused Ben to use drugs so excessively, how he met Marcus and how they came together, did Marcus try to help him and if so, how, and what made him choose his addiction over the man he loves.

The biggest downside to this short story though was the fact that Ben called Marcus 'Papa'.
Phoebe Gee
Dec 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Even though I would have read this anyway I recognized cub69's pic from his deviant gallery and that made reading this a "HAVE TO"! The first time I saw this image I wanted a story for it, and I am almost in chills I am so happy to have one!!!*******

Finished. *happy sigh* Like many others that have commented I would love to see more of these two, but I am content with what I received.
Kati
Sep 17, 2011 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. I liked the plot: making amends, finding redemption, winning back lost love... But daddy!kink just isn't my type of kink. To be perfectly honest, it gives me the creeps, this playing at cross-generational incest, especially when it's graphic. I prefer plain old D/s - which I thought this was when I picked it up.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Sucker-Punch
  • Kiss and Tell
  • The Boy Next Door
  • More Than Words
  • Outfoxed (Glitter Fox, #1)
  • His Last Resort
  • Taken
  • Innocence to the Max (Iunctiō Cōpula, #0.5)
  • Plug and Engage
Born and raised in the Southern US, Kerry Freeman was the quintessential tomboy who'd rather play war with the neighborhood boys than get near a doll. She discovered a love of words early, reading everything in sight.

Kerry writes contemporary gay romance/Boys' Love novels, and her dream is to have her books translated for the Asian market. Many of her stories, including "One Last Road Trip" in the