Start by marking “Everything and the Moon (The Lyndon Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Everything and the Moon (The Lyndon Sisters, #1)

Everything and the Moon

(The Lyndon Sisters #1)

Original cover edition for this ISBN is here

Seven years ago she broke his heart...

When Robert Kemble stumbles across Victoria Lyndon in hedgerow maze, he can't believe his eyes. The girl who'd torn him in two, who let him plan on elopement and then left him standing by the side of the road, was suddenly within arm's reach, and even though his fury still knew no bounds,
Published August 26th 2003 by Avon (first published March 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Everything and the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything and the Moon

Start your review of Everything and the Moon (The Lyndon Sisters, #1)
Dorothea
Mar 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Victoria is an asshole. Okay? Before you dive into this book, you should know that. And Robert is an idiot stalker. I at least understood what motivated Robert, but Victoria's motives? I couldn't figure her out, nor did I want to.

I love most of Julia Quinn's work, and it saddens me that I hated this one so much, but really...Victoria is an asshole.

I just can't with this bitch.
Leah
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, adult-lit, m-f
Favorite Quote:
"I have spent the last seven years utterly miserable because of a stupid misunderstanding propagated by a pair of goddamn interfering fathers. Frankly, Aunt Brightbill, your offended sensibilities are not high on my list of priorities."
(Robert, page 174)
Linds
Feb 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas
This is a story of an earl's son Robert and a vicar's daughter Victoria that find love despite being torn apart by their parents when they were very young because of differences in class.

They mistrust each other because of lies of their families and miscommunications. They meet seven years later, never forgetting their first love and the hurt of (perceived) betrayal.

The first two thirds of this book is a solid five. They fall in young love and it's so sweet and unfair to see them taken away from
Gloria Mundi
Sep 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
Wow, I never thought I would give one star to a Julia Quinn book, but here we go.

I have been recovering from an operation for the past week or so. I am on a ton of antibiotics and my head is spinning, so I just wanted something light and frothy and unchallenging that would distract me from wanting to weep from boredom for a bit but that I can put down whenever I can't look at the page anymore. I have been watching a lot of daytime TV, and let me tell you, I can feel my brain turning into goo,
Sara ♥
Jun 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
June 27, 2011

Wow, I can't believe I haven't reread this book since 2007! Shocking! I guess I usually just read Brighter Than the Sun, because BANG! You get into the story faster. But I really really liked this! The stuff below pretty much sums it up, but it was super adorable! I think I'm going to reread Splendid now. I don't read that one enough either...

June 1, 2007

OH YEAH!!! GEEEEEZ!!!

Okay, so this one stars Victoria Lyndon (older sister of Eleanor/Ellie from Brighter Than the Sun) and Robert
Barbara
Jan 25, 2009 rated it did not like it
Robert is next in line for the earldom. Victoria is a vicar's daughter. Man see's girl by a pond. They fall instantly in love. The father's of said boy and girl get in the way. Seven years later boy and girl reunite, get married and live happily ever after.

Blah!...Believe it or not my 6 sentence summation was more entertaining that JQ's 372 pages.

As you all know I have always been a fan of JQ, but I have to be honest here...This book was just awful! The characters were bland, and the love at
Carla *Jen7waters*
I'm just going to forget I read this book. I refuse to let a silly insta-love, horrible just horrible jerk of a hero, or a extremely annoying and repetitive story taint my love for JQ.
May
May 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Quinn fans, fans of kidnapped heroines, fans of star crossed lovers
Shelves: ye-olde-romance
Up until Chapter 11, I was head over heels madly in love with this book. The young couple who were so madly in love with each other but torn apart by a misunderstanding (on both ends)... tragic! Then seeing them meet up again 7 years later only to have him break her heart a second time... and then he finds out the truth?! GAH! It was amazing. The stuff legendary romance is made of! I laughed, I even teared up a bit!

Then we got to chapter 11.

I was curious how she was going to fill 200 or so
WitchyKilljoy
I hated this one so much. It sucks because I usually adore Julia Quinn but this one was just awful. I didnt even mind the instalove so much (although it was unrealistic as fuck, even by historical romance genre standards) but once Victoria & Robert were reunited..dear fucking God, gag me with a spoon. He's a stalker who doesnt take NO for an answer. She's indecisive and flaky and both together are just plain boring and icky. I liked that she was an independent lady during that time. Living ...more
sraxe
This book felt like such a big mess to me. The first half of the book just felt so extremely rushed with how it jumped from one big event to the next (meeting-falling in love-separation-reunion-second separation-truth revealed-second reunion all before the halfway mark) and I felt no real connection between the hero and heroine. They're so volatile to one another and the story felt so shallow and unnecessarily drawn out and their relationship lacked all levels of depth. It may just be that the ...more
Ivy H
Omg Julia Quinn wrote this novel that's destined to bring a tear or two to the eyes of any romantic. The hero Robert, is the son of an Earl and the heroine Victoria is the daughter of the vicar who depends on the Earl for his employment. The MC's are similar to Romeo and Juliet except that they don't die in the end. It's their respective fathers who pull them apart by cruel manipulation and it's heart breaking.

Robert and Victoria meet and soon fall madly in love. Robert was totally besotted
Pamela
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
3.5 stars. A little repetitious, but still a good read.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the The Lyndon Sisters series by Julia Quinn. Robert Kemble and Victoria Lyndon fall in love but are kept apart and meet up seven years later. Victoria is a governess and Robert is a guest of Victoria's employers. Both have their own idea of what happened seven years ago and blame the other for their betrayal.

I believe this is one of Julia Quinn's earlier books. It wasn't bad. Quite a cute little read. But it started off a bit slow for me. It got better and I did enjoy it for
Danielle
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
I hate the trope where the hero does the exact same thing as the villain, but it's oh so romantic and sweet because Alphas. Ugh.

"Father, how could you attempt to keep me and my love apart? I know you don't trust her, but I do and we will make our own decisions. I shant speak to you ever again for this."

"Love, your apartment is crap and your job demeaning. I don't care that you like them, I'm abducting you until you see sense. What do you mean I'm too domineering to marry? I just want what's best
Lauren
Everything and the Moon
3 Stars

As a huge fan of Quinn's Bridgertons series, it always amazes me that the same writer is responsible for her ridiculously plotted early works.

Everything and the Moon has potential as a story of lovers reunited after a huge misunderstanding. Let me preface the rest of this review by saying that this theme is one I detest with a vengeance. That said, it is actually well-written here and the first half of the book is engaging, particularly due to Robert and Victoria's
A.B.
May 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
When I first read this, I gave it a higher rating.... and then I reread it and I was struck by the abusive nature of our hero. He's push and sees her as his property even when it's completely clear she's happy as she is. He stalks her, he bullies her and HE KIDNAPS HER. This is not the sort of story that inspires a love story.... sure it works out in the end, but if this happened now? How would we really feel about it?
Sha Mslvoe
Jul 18, 2011 rated it liked it
It was an easy read that I finished in a day. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either.
Flor
Aug 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Yikes
Silvia Bortoli
3,5 stars
Amanda S.
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I looooooooooove this kind of twist!

I'm a sucker for misunderstanding between our main characters, and this one definitely hit close to home! Julia Quinn style of misunderstanding twist and it ended up soooo beautiful I suddenly slow down my reading so I can savor the moment.

I enjoyed reading Victoria and Robert's banters. Plus the way Robert tries to win Victoria back? Ugh, the best. Courting in old times is always made me feel tingly in the inside. Though Victoria is a tad too stubborn for my
Dec 16, 2008 rated it did not like it
WORST. BOOK. EVER.

Heroine is almost raped several times, the hero kidnap her because
"omg you want to be a strong independent woman? NO WAYZ" and she gives herself to him in circumstances I would have called rape. Both parties are idiots. Yuck.
Kathy
Really 3.5 stars. I love Julia Quinn's books but this one left me disappointed. I like my heroes a bit more dangerous.
Elaine
Jan 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: julia-quinn
I don't remember reading this January of 2011. I can't believe I rated it a 4. It is ok, but really not special. 2.5 reread.
Dec 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Fine Quinn novel overall, but of course, kidnapping is romantic. *rolls eyes*
Olga Godim
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical, romance
I didn’t enjoy this book, but I did finish it. Progress! I couldn’t finish the three that were published before it. It is one of the earlier books of this author. I have been re-reading her novels, as I’m a fan of hers. But I have to say: everything she has written after and including To Catch an Heiress was excellent, some of the best historical romance novels in modern fiction. So far, everything she published before was meh, although I have one other early book of hers left to re-read.
As a
Claire
Oct 22, 2019 added it
Nope. This one did not work for me at all.
Fernanda Granzotto
Destinee Sutton
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
This has not aged well. We now talk about the importance of consent all the time, so I don't find it super romantic to kidnap somebody because you're in love with them. Not cool.
Srividya
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Where's My Hero? (The Gamblers of Craven's #2.5; Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5; Splendid, #3.5)
  • Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2)
  • Volte Para Mim
  • Beauty and the Blacksmith  (Spindle Cove, #3.5)
  • The Rake (Lessons in Love, #1)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales, #4)
  • A Kiss at Midnight (Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Duchess in Love (Duchess Quartet, #1)
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Slightly Sinful (Bedwyn Saga, #5)
  • A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and and if you watch reruns of the game show The Weakest Link you might just catch her winning the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British and literary, ...more

The Lyndon Sisters (2 books)
  • Brighter Than the Sun (The Lyndon Sisters, #2)
“Darling," he said distractedly,"about the moon..."
"Yes?"
"I don't think it matters whether you want it or not."
"What are you talking about?"
"The moon. I think it's yours."
Victoria yawned, not bothering to open her eyes. "Fine. i'm glad to have it."
"But--" Robert shook his head. He was growing fanciful. the moon didn't belong to his wife. It didn't follow her, protect her. It certainly didn't wink at anybody.
But he stared out the window the rest of the way home, just in case”
14 likes
“She'd spent seven long years without so much as a hug, and she was starved for physical affection. She had known what it was like to be touched and kissed, and she had no idea how much she'd missed it until that very moment.” 5 likes