Start by marking “Baby Food” as Want to Read:
Baby Food

Baby Food

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  143 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Now in board book: Saxton Freymann and Joost Elffers's most accessible picture book yet--a zoo of baby animals carved out of fruits and veggies!

A menagerie of animals spring off the pages of BABY FOOD. Animals ingeniously carved and cut from a cornucopia of fruits and vegetables, that is---what else would you expect from the talented Saxton Freymann and Joost Elffers, who
Board Book, 24 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by Arthur A. Levine Books (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Food

Vivian
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
The only words in this book are nouns. The first page features a banana that is fashioned out of a banana. At story time I asked the children, "What is this?" A DOG! "What is he made of?" A BANANA! "What do dogs say?" WOOF! WOOF!

The second page features a cat fashioned from small onions. The questions are the same and the responses match the illustration.

Believe it or not, we all had a lot of fun with this clever book.
Smith Family
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
A super cute and creative book from the author of the popular 'How are you Peeling?' Freymann mixes simple phrases with with pictures of baby animals made from fruit in this fun and colorful picture book.
Vicki
This book creates a lot of conversation about what fruit or veggie these "baby" animals are. My one wish would be that the actual food used in each picture was listed with each photo.

There is a listing on the back, but some we weren't clear on.
kelly
My Three-year old didn't seem to enjoy this one as much as "Dog Food", but she still liked it.
Very creative work.
Dianna
Oct 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pictures of baby animals made from fruits and vegetables. While my baby recognized a few of the animals, and it's a very creative idea, I think my baby prefers pictures of real animals.
Becky
Oct 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of his books, this one is my favorite so far.
Dylan & Belle at LearnPlayFun
Rated and reviewed by Dylan, age 7:

They were making baby animals out of food. I think I would like to try to make all of them. This book was easy because there was a little bit of words.
Katie
Feb 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genius!
Mel Kizior
Creative! Funny!
Kaethe
The cuteness will make you squee, but another part of you will just be staring in open-mouthed wonder, gradually taking in all the details to figure out how he did it.
Geoff Sebesta
In the year of having a kid now, this is the second really good baby book I've found.

Cecily
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
So cute.
Anne
Nov 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love these clever books!
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
VERY cute. Not my favorite of his books but this one was meant for very little kids so it isn't meant to be Shakespeare.
Rachel
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddos
Clever little book!
Amber
Apr 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
My daughter love this book She love bananna's a so her favorite characters are the dog, giraffe, and octopus!
Leila T.
Feb 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a seriously cute book. So imaginative.
Kate
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such personalities in all the "animal" babies!
Jj
Aug 15, 2017
Stacy
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I enjoyed this book, but I'd rather add "Food for Thought" by the same author to my collection.
Milka