Start by marking “The Bride's Stories Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Bride's Stories Vol. 2

The Bride's Stories Vol. 2 (A Bride's Story #2)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  2,704 Ratings  ·  178 Reviews
Setelah permintaan mereka ditolak, Keluarga Hargal kembali datang dan memaksa Amira pulang. Untung Smith berhasil mengalihkan perhatian dan menyelamatkan Amira dan Karluk. Perseteruan antara Keluarga Ayhan dan Keluarga Hargal pun terjadi! Bisakah Keluarga Ayhan mencegah kepergian Amira!?
Published July 2011 by Level Comics (first published June 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Bride's Stories Vol. 2, please sign up.

Ana Luisa Depend of the style of stories you like. It's an historical manga with a gorgeous drawing but the story is a little bit slow. If you liked the first…moreDepend of the style of stories you like. It's an historical manga with a gorgeous drawing but the story is a little bit slow. If you liked the first volume, I suggest you read the next ones :)!(less)

Sincerae Smith
I'm going through my second childhood enjoying graphic novels (anime/manga). Actually I'm only interested in the ones which are cultural or historical.

The second installment of A Bride's Story is better than the first story wise. It delves more into the cultural and historical setting of the story than the first book. Mr. Smith (no relation) who is an a young British researcher/anthropologist and is a guest of Karluk and Amir's family is more visible this time in the story. In the first book I
Estara
Oct 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historical Silk road slice of life
Recommended to Estara by: It's the mangaka of Emma!
Elizabeth A
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphix, 2017, translated
I'll keep this one short and not repeat all my gushing from my review of the first volume of this Manga series.

The art continues to be superb, the story is engaging, and I got used to all those huge Manga eyes. I love that this story educates about the culture without being heavy handed. Those scenes around the value of sewing, embroidery and dowry cloth are wonderful. Plus, we get introduced to more feisty female characters. Just loved everything about this one.
Mely
Oct 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The detail work is as lovely as ever (there are some lovely sequences about sewing clothes and quilts, and some silent sequences about the growing closeness between Amir and Karluk that are vivid and endearing), but this volume goes further into squicky/disappointing territory for me -- the difference between 13 and 20 is so big that I just have a hard time buying Amir's attraction to Karluk, and her seeking his comfort/protection just seems wrong. He's a child! She should be protecting him! Or ...more
Sesana
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the previous volume of A Bride's Story, this one was marked by an obviously huge amount of research and painstaking attention to detail. Oh, and incredibly beautiful art, as you can easily see from the cover. Plot? Not so much, though there does seem to be a bit more than in the previous volume. This is historical slice of life, really. If nothing else, this is well worth reading just for the beautiful art. Apparently, the next volume will slightly shift scenery and main characters, so this ...more
Ksenia
I can stare at the artwork all day. Just beautiful! And I know some may think the plot is slow, but I do like how each chapter shines a light on different aspects of the culture, and the characters, and the life that these people lead.Also, Amir is becoming one of my favorite characters of all time: love and appreciate how strong she is.
Hanji
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, manga
Dilrabo Saydalieva
This vol was partially confusing. There are sudden changes in her characteristic, but I like that her wildness has not gone away.
Gabriela Paige
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well that escalated quickly. I love this though. There is so much history and thought put into it.
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stunningly gorgeous. Really great enchanting story with beautiful detail and grace.
Liloo Looli
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J'ai encore une fois adoré ce tome (avec un gros coup de coeur pour la partie sur les broderies). On en apprend également un peu plus sur Henry Smith (personnage qui me fait beaucoup rire). J'ai hâte de lire la suite !
Dawn Breeze
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
قصة ممتعة و إن كانت القصة تتنقل بين الشخصيات مما يشتت القارئ قليلا
إلا أنها تظل ممتعة
الرسومات جميلة
الكاتبة مطلعة اطلاعا جيدًا على الثقافة العربية و الإسلامية
Brie
Volume 2 resumes the conflict from Vol. 1 in which Amir's family attempts to reclaim her, take her back from the family she married into. Her older brother Azel, though, doesn't pursue her with the intensity their uncles want him to, and that's because the family they want to marry her into is not kind to their women. So Amir's uncles stage an attack on Karluk's village, and the villagers fight them off. This brings some action scenes to the story, all still beautifully and dynamically drawn.

Am
Ariel ✨
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This manga is a historical romance set in a small town near the Caspian Sea in the 19th Century. Otoyogematari means "A Bride's Story" in English, so the stories revolve around courting, weddings, and married life of the people during that time period.

The illustrations are beautiful! Kaori Mori goes all out on the elaborate clothing and draperies that adorn the characters and their houses. The backgrounds are lovely and Mori certainly does not skimp on inking the endlessly long, dark hair of eve
Erin Germain
The artwork continues to delight and amaze me. There was a chapter where the women were discussing embroidery and different patterns that were associated with their family. The detail in those panels was so wonderful.

The story does not move at the rapid-fire pace some manga does, but it does advance. Amir's relatives have not given up their attempts to bring her back to the clan so they can marry her off to someone else whom they consider to be more advantageous.

I have Volume 3 arriving soon and
Jenni Joru
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: na
1800-luvun keski-Aasiaan sijoittuva tarina. Nuori Amira jatkaa elämäänsä puolisonsa perheessä ja ystävystyy äksyyn Pariyaan. Pariyasta onkin apua, kun Amiran sukulaiset päättävät viedä Amiran kotiin ja naittaa hänet uudelleen strategisesti sopivammalle puolisolle. Heidän vaateensa on aiheellinen, sillä Amiran puoliso on hyvin nuori. Avioelämä odottaa vielä ja siksi lapsiakaan ei ole tulossa. Amiran uusi perhe suojelee kuitenkin pidettyä miniäänsä.

Kiehtova tarina ja eksoottisen arjen kuvaus.
Belinda
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2nd volume slightly better than the first because we get to learn about the embroidery of the women and see a culture from the perspective of the Western male. The WM is a visiting sociologist? or maybe just a man interested in Asian cultures? He is watching and chronicling life with the clan and so notices detail.

Fantastic art, great characters, empathetic, gentle, loving relationships within families with hints of anger and violence from external sources. Life is political but also deeply habi
Emma
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm so glad that I continued reading this series! I love how Amir's character is adjusting to her new life and connecting with those around her. In this volume, tensions with Amir's former clan increase greatly, cultural elements and activities are highlighted, and Mr. Smith's habits gain a focus as well. And, as usual, the art continues to contain vivid detail. Even though everything is in black and white, the pictures sometimes seem to jump out of the pages.
Bookeen la rouquine
les dessins sont vraiment magnifiques, de plus l'histoire est vraiment prenante, on s'attache très vite à karluk et amir. et cerise sur le gâteau c'est bourré d'informations sur les anciennes coutumes nomades en Asie centrale. bref cette série vaut vraiment le detour
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
A bit confusing with all the characters, but still so enjoyable. The afterwords are always the funniest part of the books.
fonz
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buenísimo tebeo histórico-romántico-costumbrista ambientado en Asia central, zona del mar Caspio, a mediados del siglo XIX. Me está gustando muchísimo, sobre todo cuando no hay conflicto, y se limita a pequeños asuntos cotidianos, la primera historia sobre como los dos protagonistas solucionan un "no me pasa nada, cariño" (y qué bien está llevada la relación entre una mujer de veinte años y un chaval de doce) o cuando las mujeres de la familia sacan las telas de dote de bisabuelas y tatarabuelas ...more
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This must be my manga summer...

This volume contains a conflict between Amir's former family and the family into which she has married. Her family would like to take her back and marry her into another clan to improve relations between their two clans. Amir is happy with her new family and doesn't wish to leave. Things escalate to quite a fight, but she remains safe for the time being.

This volume also has lighter elements, such as bread making and cloth preparations (embroidery including pattern
Rahmah
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Makin seruuuuuu ceritanya. Konfliknya mulai terlihat. Detail banget Mori-sensei buat motif bordirannya. Makin terasa vibe Asia Tengahnya.

Membandingkan tokoh utama laki-lakinya dengan komik genre yang sama macam Dear Mine dan The World is Still Beautiful beda banget. Kalau di 2 komik sebelumnya lelakinya terkesan dingin dan agak egois, tapi Karluk adem ayem aja :D, belum kelihatan ke-hero-annya nih *yahh,, ada 1 lha di jilid ini :>*.
Krista
these are hard to rate given that the central premise (20 year old married to a 13 year old) is... uncomfortable... and I'm not super clear on where the mangaka's going with it yet. at the same time, the family relationships are so sweet, mori has clearly done a ton of research on the culture and has a lot of affection for it, and the art is incredible. so... tentatively enjoying this series?
Samantha
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although at times I find the artwork difficult to follow (glances/expressions with no associated words) overall I really enjoy this series. In particular, the insights into everyday life for the nomadic community. I am interested to see where the next book takes us, as well as how the relationship between the bride and her young husband matures.
Arsenic
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mes-livres, mangas
Un tome dans la lignée du 1er, des dessins magnifiques, des scènes de vie quotidiennes simples mais jolies. Les parties sur la broderie étaient intéressantes. j'espère qu'on ne verra plus la famille d'Amir, par contre ^^
Au final, j'ai pas pu résister et j'ai commencé à acheter la série.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
That art style. It’s really well done and detailed. Another good volume.
Berber
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's all so incredibly unrealistic...
Heidi Burkhart
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this manga series. Definitely looking forward to the next book.
Veronica
Amir is such a fun protagonist, and I'm loving all the period detail in the clothing and decor. I'm glad I lined up all the books before I started because I wouldn't want to wait for the next one!
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 2 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #2)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 3
  • Cross Game 2 (Cross Game, #4-5)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 09 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 3
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Vinland Saga, Omnibus 2
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5)
Kaoru Mori (森 薫) is a mangaka best known for her series "Emma". Many of her stories are set in Britain and center on characters who are maids.
More about Kaoru Mori...

A Bride's Story (9 books)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (A Bride's Story, #1)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 3 (A Bride's Story, #3)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 4 (A Bride's Story, #4)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 5 (A Bride's Story, #5)
  • 乙嫁語り 6 (Otoyomegatari, #6)
  • 乙嫁語り 7 (Otoyomegatari, #7)
  • 乙嫁語り 8 (Otoyomegatari, #8)
  • 乙嫁語り 9