Start by marking “Surrendered Sleep: A Biblical Perspective” as Want to Read:
Surrendered Sleep: A Biblical Perspective

Surrendered Sleep: A Biblical Perspective

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Wondering if the One who created rest in the first place has anything to teach you about it? Surrendered Sleep approaches insomnia from a biblical perspective and exposes several heart attitudes you may experience in your journey for rest. These attitudes may not only affect the way you sleep but also the way you relate to God. Dr. Page will challenge you to wrap your mind ...more
Published September 15th 2011 by Camino Real Publishers

Janalyn Voigt
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Surrendered Sleep, a Biblical Perspective offers statistics, solutions, scriptures, prayers and thoughts on insomnia from physician Charles W. Page. This book, written with the Christian reader in mind, may well challenge your preconceived ideas about sleeplessness. For example, might it sometimes signal a time of intimacy with God?

With topics like poor diet, overeating, stress, inactivity and sleep disorders, there’s something for every sufferer. While the author sometimes steps onto a soapbox
Kristen Stieffel
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
When I first saw this book, I was curious about how there could be a biblical approach to insomnia. The Bible doesn’t say a lot on this subject specifically, but it turns out to have a lot more to say about sleep generally than you might think.
If you’ve already read a lot of “sleep hygiene” literature, some of this book will sound familiar. But Dr. Page takes the approach to healthful sleep to a whole new level.
Whereas most sleep literature focuses on behaviors, Dr. Page understands that there’s
Kevin Sorensen
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Dr. Page provides sound biblical insight into how to help us sleep well. By providing a solid theology of sleep and of the God who does not, he assists the reader in learning how to develop a wise and receptive heart to God’s work in our life. Not ignoring actual sleep maladies, the doctor nevertheless sees most of our sleep issues revolving around heart attitudes more than physical disorders. With a clear call to trust in God with all your heart, Page offers an excellent guide in how to use God ...more
Tammy G.
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever had a hard time sleeping? Not just one night but nights on end? Why can't I sleep you wonder? Well, Dr. Charles Page has an answer to your sleep questions in his book, A Biblical Perspective on SLEEP.
I, too, have had some weeks where I couldn't sleep at night. I thought it's just my hormones or I've had too much caffeine. But after reading Surrendered SLLEP A Biblical Perspective, Turning Your Heart To God While Facing Sleep Disorders and Insomnia I've come to realize that a human'
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Dr. Charles W. Page, in Surrendered Sleep, gives a thorough Scriptural perspective on the issues of sleep disorders, insomnia, and interrupted sleep. He leads us to the Lord of sleep, His possible purposes of interrupted sleep, and helps us to understand and appropriate some of the ways we look at sleep.

Dr. Page dissects the assumption that, as Christians, we are guaranteed a solid night’s sleep every night. He challenges the way we look at our:

ways of living
our priorities
our daily pursuit of
Trish
Sep 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Sleep is definitely an issue I have struggled with at various times and for various reasons, so I was very interested to read Dr. Page’s thoughts on the spiritual aspects of sleep. The book is a nice size, with room for notes in the margins along with some questions to get you thinking as you are going through the chapters. I appreciated how the author encourages rather than condemns, even when addressing possible areas that need to be changed in our lives.

The book is focused on the attitudes of
Herman Martin
rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2014