Start by marking “The Keto Cookbook: Innovative Delicious Meals for Staying on the Ketogenic Diet” as Want to Read:
The Keto Cookbook: Innovative Delicious Meals for Staying on the Ketogenic Diet

The Keto Cookbook: Innovative Delicious Meals for Staying on the Ketogenic Diet

The ketogenic diet, which is very high in fats and low in carbohydrates, was first developed almost 80 years ago. It makes the body burn fat for energy instead of glucose. When carefully monitored by a medical team familiar with its use, the diet helps two out of three children who are tried on it and may prevent seizures completely in one out of three. It is a strict diet ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Demos Health (first published June 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Keto Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Keto Cookbook

cheryl
Nov 12, 2011 rated it liked it

In addition to suffering from type one diabetes, I also suffer from diabetic ketoacidosis a condition that causes the deficient insulin hormone to prevent insulin from utilizing carbohydrates for fuel instead, the body uses fat for fuel resulting in the kidney retaining extra sugar that is dumped into the urine increasing urination and causing dehydration which results in several days to a few weeks hospitalization. I also suffer from gastro paresis a condition that prevents gastric emptying and
Jessica
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some good recipes and helpful information.
Monique
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
This is a cookbook for small meals with children in mind. Not really what I needed but I did get some good ideas.
Mikeila
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
This book might do it's job helping a parent plan a ketogenic diet for their child with epilepsy, but I do hope the random nutritionist the book recommends these parents get to make sure the diet is planned properly, tells any parents reading this to stay away from microwaves and some of the packaged and "sugar free" ingredients included in the book. Definitely not the best book I've seen on the keto diet, but also not the worst either.
Steph
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Admittedly, I never really heard of the ketogenic diet before reading this book. However, being insulin resistant, I found it to be extremely informative. I did agree with one of the other reviews about the proofreading errors, but aside from that it is a very well-written book. The recipes sound good, and the pictures included look even better. I can't wait to try some of these recipes out!
★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix)
I'm sure this book would be great for all the countries in the world who use the metric system and have gram scales to weigh ingredients, but I am not one of them here in the United States. I checked out a different book from my library with measurements I could understand, instead.
Armatstorage
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Very interesting. The diet did not work for me tho. You can't have liver or kidney problems and do this diet in my opinion. But the layout of the book is excellent and appealing. 131 pages. Skimmed most of it.
Dorothea
Jan 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Another good starter cookbook
Jc
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Good read. Loved to know the history behind the cookbook. Wish everything was not in grams. Will definitely try some of the recipes. Having a child with food allergies I love trying new recipes.
Mar 24, 2015