Start by marking “The All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
The All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Volume 1

The All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Volume 1 (The All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold #1; issues 1-6)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Based on the hit animated TV series BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD, this all-ages title guest-stars DC heroes including Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter and more!
Published October 4th 2011 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about The All-New Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The All-New Batman

Keith Davis
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Superhero comics are a bit of a puzzle. When the comics began in the 1930's they were aimed at an audience of younger kids. By the 1960's they were read by teens. Today the average comic book reader is in their thirties or forties. Rather than attracting the next generation of readers comics are an expensive specialty medium catering to readers who never stopped reading comics. Over the years superhero comics became dark in an attempt to appeal to older tastes.

I want to believe that Batman: the
Caleb Threatts
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was a phenomenal book. It had 6 different stories in the comic book. they all lined up with the episodes that had even aired on the TV show I watched as a kid. It was a book that I couldn't put down I can't say that about some books though. so I would recommend this for a quick read.
James
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc-marvel, comicbooks
A bit too soft for me.
Adam Graham
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book collects Issues 1-6 of the All New Brave and the Bold, the second comic book series based on Batman: the Brave and the Bold. Here's an issue by issue rundown:

"The Bottle of the Planets:" This book features Superman and Batman teaming up to solve crime in the Bottled City of Kandor. Crime in the bottled city is pretty rare. It's not a great Superman/Batman story, but it's okay even with a dumb title. Grade: B-

"The Holiday Feeling" has Billy Batson showing up in Gotham city on Christmas
Maria
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a perfect way to introduce younger comic book readers to a wide range of DC heroes and villains. There are six issues compiled into this trade, and each one is a self-contained story. They are light and funny - with enough action to satisfy but not become too violent.

Batman gets the chance to team up with Superman to solve a crime in the bottle city of Kandor. I loved the "buddy" vibe of this one, where Batman and Superman enjoy one another's company and play to one another's strengths.
Rose
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
The "Batman: Brave and the Bold" comic books are light, gentle, family-friendly fare that nonetheless are jammed-packed, under Fisch's pen, with good humor and clever storytelling. I love Fisch's comics writing because he always manages to add some pathos and ethics to his stories -- alongside engaging plotting and well-drawn characters. Despite being aimed for a younger audience, I consider his Brave and the Bold work to be my "comfort food" -- stories I pick up when I need to read something so ...more
Sam
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Audience: 8-12 years.

Appeal: It is based off of the animated Batman tv series, so children who like cartoons would be drawn to this book. Also, it features several different superheroes being paired up with Batman throughout the stories, which allows the reader to be introduced to many DC comic characters.

Award list: Will Eisner Award - Best Publication for Kids.
Guy Gonzalez
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
New school comics, old school flavor. Keep your gritty New 52, DC, but I'd like to see more of this please!
Corey Regalado
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just some nice tongue-in-cheek Silver Age-y fun. I love learning about peripheral DC characters without having to know heaps of back-story beforehand.
Hektor Vokshi
Mar 09, 2013
Teufel Hosen
Jun 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

The All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2 books)
  • The All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Volume 2: Help Wanted