Start by marking “The Accidental Bride (A Big Sky Romance, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Accidental Bride (A Big Sky Romance, #2)

The Accidental Bride

(A Big Sky Romance #2)

When a wedding reenactment turns real, Shay finds she's an accidental bride.

Shay Brandenberger is raising her daughter in Moose Creek, Montana, on her childhood ranch, nestled against the Yellowstone River. Despite the hard work, she can't seem to keep her head above water--and now the bank is threatening to foreclose. She prays for a miracle, but the answer she receives i
Published January 2nd 2012 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Accidental Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accidental Bride

Kamaliah
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
travis, the man... :)

After reading Wade's story, the momentum for DH's book decrease. I like Wade but there's no wow factor there buttttt Travis is another story. He increased my reading momentum like nobody's business...

The story of Shay and Travis and sweet Olivia.

Shay has been hurt twice and even when they say third time's the charm, Shay is still pessimist. I was a bit angry at Shay but I understand her. Growing up the way that she did. Been jilted the way that she had, Once Bitten Twice Sh
Hannah
4.5 stars.
Okay, okay, I admit I picked this one for the title and the cover. Who can resist? Especially when it's on the $3 bargain shelf? And then I discovered a new favorite author! I didn't even bother to grab book one before diving in, and it's so well written that it stands alone easily.
So the story begins with Shay playing bride in a reenactment, and she almost backs out when she finds out that the "he" of the reenactment is the man who left her at the altar years ago the night they tried
Katie
Dec 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
First posted on my blog, Legacy of a Writer.

The Accidental Bride will have you gripping the pages, breathless. And not the kind of suspense 'breathless-ness' us thriller-readers might think. But a romantic kinda suspense that has you cheering--urging--Travis to prove to Shay that he's a changed man. It's definitely a book that, when you read the last page, you close with a content sigh. You go through such turmoil to get to the 'happy ever after', you're just too thrilled to think of anything bu
Vernie
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shay Brandenberger is a single mom who tries to keep up with the demands of keeping her ranch, raising a daughter and she is at her wit’s end about her financial troubles.

To add insult to injury, she crossed path with the person she hates the most---her high school sweetheart who left her once at the Altar!

Until fate brought them again together and their make-believe wedding turns out to be real!

This is a feel good romance tale with a bit of drama, lots of humor and tension between the two main
Emily
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Changing to 5 stars...every time I read this book, it gets better.
Rebekah Millet
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so glad I get to read this entire series back to back! The chemistry between Shay and Travis was amazing. Plus the faith elements were sweet to see consistently throughout the story. And I love how Shay was such a hard worker and could hold her own. Although I was miffed at Travis for how he treated her in the beginning, he won me over and then some. Can’t wait to read the last book in the series next!
Nancy
Feb 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I've already met Shay when I read (and loved) a previous book by Denise Hunter, featuring Abigail and Wade. Wade's and Shay's daughters are friends. It was fun to peek into Abigail's and Wade's life after the last book ended. But this story is Shay's.

Shay was stood up at the altar by Travis, her high school boyfriend, who left for the rodeo. By the time he figured he goofed, Shay had remarried. Now, 14 years later, Shay is divorced and her ex-husband has died. She's single parenting and running
Charity
Jan 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Somehow I accidentally:) signed up for two blog tours with this book, The Accidental Bride, so I am reviewing it twice on my blog. If you didn't catch it the first time, check it out now!

MY REVIEW-I was blessed to be able to review the first book in this series, A Cowboy's Touch. The way I see it, this series is about people who have had mistakes in their past, and now want to make things right. In this book, Shay and Travis have met after Travis ran out on Shay many years ago. Shay has been mar
Bluerose's  Heart
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, romance
I read A Cowboy's Touch last year and really enjoyed it, so I'd been highly anticipating the next chapter with The Accidental Bride! Unfortunately, my memory was a bit vague on the characters, so it took a little while to place who I was actually reading about. I did finally put everyone in their rightful place, I THINK!

While I didn't like this one quite as much as A Cowboy's Touch, I still really liked it. I couldn't help but like Shay, but she did get on my nerves at times. She was just SO INC
Casey
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars to a novel that completely charmed me!

I’ve gotta start this review off with props to the dialogue. It has some of the best dialogue to read and is fast-paced, quick and to the point and escalates the tension so quickly! Shay comes off snarky and stubborn, but I loved her. She knows what she wants and has struggles to overcome, but deep down, she is so completely relatable. More often than not she had me giggling at something she said or did. Oh, of course she was upset with Travis whe
Melanie
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-read
The Accidental Bride was a fun and sweet romance! Denise Hunter is one of my top favorite contemporary romance writers, so I wasn't surprised to have enjoyed the book so much.

I loved the hero of the story. I liked how he didn't give up and kept pursuing her. I also loved that the romance was a story of second chances -- a favorite plot of mine.

All in all, if you like romance I definitely recommend The Accidental Bride!

*I received a complimentary ebook copy for my honest review. As always, all t
Stephanie
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it
A pretty cute read. I liked both the main characters, though Shay did annoy me with her stubbornness sometimes. I thought that it took a little too long for the relationship to grow, though. They'd have a small "moment" and then before the scene was even over Shay would take 3 steps back. Overall, though, it was quick, cute read and I'll probably read some of the other books in this series.
Lisa
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those books where I could totally relate to the heroine’s insecurities, which made this ring true for me. It’s just so hard sometimes to remember that God’s opinion is the only one that matters and He’s got everything under control. The romance between Shay and Travis had just enough spark to keep it interesting and Travis was another swoon worthy hero. His tenderness with Olivia, Shay’s daughter, made me love him. This is definitely a book I’d read again and just one more fine, ...more
Suzanne
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book! Really good chemistry between the main characters. I would give it a 4.5. It’s a modern day Christian cowboy romance set in Montana. About a mom who falls back in love with her high school sweetheart. I was frustrated with her about how harsh / mean at times she came off to me, the reader. She didn’t seem like a very nice person/ willing to even let him in at all, so that was painful to read. First time with this author and I liked her!
Wanda
Dec 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shay Brandenberger carries a heavy load—a single mother trying to keep a working ranch afloat in hard times—not to mention the emotional baggage of being jilted at eighteen and then having a failed marriage. She has decided that men are not worth the trouble. Travis McCoy made his rodeo dreams come true but not without leaving a lot behind—namely Shay. He deeply regrets walking out on her on their wedding day all those years ago and realizes that he has never really gotten over her. When Travis ...more
Cheeyee
Dec 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review At: I Read, I Think, I Share

Review Date: 8 Jan 2012

Review URL: http://littlemermybooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/accidental-bride-by-denise-hunter.html

Summary:

I like this book a lot. Besides the interesting storyline, the meaning behind the story captures my heart. My favorite quote from the book -

This is so true. Shay made lots of decision based on other people's judgment. However she has forgotten t
Kate
Dec 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-netgalley
You know what they say... the past will usually come back to haunt you when you least expect it...

Shay Brandenberger is trying on a wedding dress in Lucy's store to play the part in a Founders Day reinactment ceremony when rodeo superstar Travis McCoy walked into Lucy's store and back into Shay's life. Seeing Shay again brings back so many memories and Shay seeing him again brings back only one, the day he left her at the altar.
When Travis was asked to participate in the play alongside Shay he
Pragya
Dec 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: YA readers, romance genre readers
Shelves: netgalley, 2011
The Accidental Bride, aptly named, is a quick, fun read. At least in the beginning. The start is great, it lures you in, and you want to know more, fast. The characters are real and full-developed. The plot is not new but some of the twists and turns are. The first half is amazing, I didn't feel like putting the book down. It's fast and despite the common plot, pleasant to read through.

However, I struggled to finish the book. I felt the second half was unnecessary lengthy, with things (characte
Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf)
Jan 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Full review here: http://www.overweightbookshelf.com/20...

The second Big Sky Romance novel from Denise Hunter features her trademark of fractured hearts, second chances, endearing characters, and witty dialogue. Even though Denise admitted to breaking a few laws to make the plot work, some of events require a suspension of reality to make them plausible-although that is part of what makes fiction fun. The circumstances surrounding Shay and Travis' marriage may have been a bit contrived, but the
Zette
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wish I could give this one 4.5 stars because it was my favorite Denise Hunter book so far. Although the premise of having an accidental wedding was a bit far-fetched in this day and age, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Travis was an honorable man trying to make up for a bad decision he made as a teenager. I felt sorry for Shay and the childhood she had to endure but, at the same time, I felt like someone in their 30's would have had a little more forgiveness for someone who did something carel ...more
Maureen Timerman
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
What a great read! Enjoy! Can you imagine being part of a reenactment wedding, and ending up being married? Shay Brandenberger has been very unlucky in Love, and Travis McCoy realizes what he gave up.
There are quite a few chuckles, and mishaps! Thought the book there is a great love of God and learning to lean on him. This is the second book in this series, but not necessary to have read the first one, although equally enjoyable. The characters of the first book are present here, welcome old fri
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
This is the first book I’ve read by Denise Hunter, and it won’t be the last. I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed reading Travis & Shay’s story. Travis ditched Shay on their wedding day, and now fourteen years later he shows up wanting to win her back. I admit, sometimes I was pretty mad at Travis. Why are guys so dense? But, he really won me over. I thought he and Shay had great chemistry together. I could totally understand why Shay had some pretty thick walls up and I’m glad she ...more
Margaret Metz
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I wasn't sure about the premise of this book but the characters . . . they reached in, grabbed my heart (right out of my chest), and stole it. I was hooked from that point on.

Shay is almost like this wounded animal that you want to help -- but she is still strong enough to stand on her own and just hurting enough that she might strike out at you instead of accepting any help. You can't help but admire her desire to stand on her own two feet -- yet at the same time you're screaming at her to acce
Alexandra Florence
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was enjoyable, yet slightly predictable. Frequently in contemporary romances I find the female protagonists are lack lustre pushovers that have no strength as characters. However, I liked Shay, perhaps due to the simplicity of her ability to hold a grudge and continue to feel wronged. Denise Hunter makes it very clear that an integral part of Shay's character is her stubborn nature and fiery anger and I enjoyed reading these parts of the book.

The accidental marriage between Shay and Tr
Janice Sisemore
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014

Shay is the bride in the founders day program and Travis that had left her at the altar fourteen years ago is going to be the groom but she does not know it. They have the pretend wedding and then a couple weeks later Travis gets the marriage license in the mail. The license was from fourteen years ago but a friend had put a copy of it at the pretend wedding and the preacher signed it. Travis finds out it did not expired and they are married for real. Enjoyed this book.
Melissa
I really like this author. They way she writes is so anxty! Lots of misunderstandings and good romance:} Her stories make sense, flow well and have great resolutions. This leading man I just loved he was so human and so honest. Very fun book. They were Christian but no specific religion and no preaching scene. Adult romance.
Stephanie
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Wow! This is the second in this series and right now my absolute favorite. I loved, loved this book. Shay was quite a sassy lady, and Travis was sweet, determined and wonderful. :) If it was possible to fall for a fictional character, he would be one to sweep a girl off her fictional feet. This was a really fun story line for a contemporary book. Such a great book!
Amanda
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story and was happy it included characters from the first book. I loved Travis and I liked Shay. Their relationship was a step forward and then a step back over and over again because of Shay's reticence. I got frustrated a few times but overall I enjoyed the story.
Mindie
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. It was one of those books that I couldn't put down, and when I did, all I could think about was getting back to reading it. I loved the characters, and I loved the way it held your attention from the first paragraph. Another great read by Denise Hunter.
Carrie
Apr 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
Normally I like Denise Hunter's story lines. This one was lifeless and very under developed. I didn't like the characters, or care what happened to them.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 21, 2014 12:03PM

• Turnabout's Fair Play (The Matchmakers, #3)
  • Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here, #1)
  • Sharpshooter in Petticoats (Sophie's Daughters, #3)
  • Lonestar Angel (Lonestar, #4)
  • Sandwich, with a Side of Romance (Sandwich #1)
  • The Shadow of Your Smile (Deep Haven, #5)
  • Spring for Susannah
  • My Stubborn Heart
  • Dining with Joy (Lowcountry Romance, #3)
  • Love Lifted Me (Songbird, #3)
  • Walker's Wedding (The Western Sky Series, #3)
  • Rainbow's End
  • Save the Date
  • A Texan's Honor (Heart of a Hero, #2)
  • Dawn Comes Early (The Brides of Last Chance Ranch, #1)
Denise Hunter is the award-winning author of more than 30 novels, including "The Convenient Groom" and "A December Bride", which have been made into Hallmark movies.

Denise writes heartwarming, small-town romances. Her readers enjoy the vicarious thrill of falling in love and the promise of a happily-ever-after sigh as they savor the final pages of her books.

Denise and her husband live in Indiana,

A Big Sky Romance (3 books)
  • A Cowboy's Touch (A Big Sky Romance, #1)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance, #3)
“He had no idea what missing was. Missing was lying in the dampness of your tears night after night. Missing was a constant hollow spot in the center of your chest. Missing was a yawning ache that was never satisfied.” 46 likes
“For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people?” 5 likes