Start by marking “The Big Enchilada: Campaign Adventures with the Cockeyed Optimists from Texas Who Won the Biggest Prize in Politics” as Want to Read:

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
a great book to read
Published August 14th 2001 by Free Press

To ask other readers questions about The Big Enchilada, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Enchilada

Jonathan
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you have read George Stephanopoulos' book All Too Human and liked it then you will probably like this book too. I liked Stephanopoulos' book better, because he went into finer detail about the campaign process. The Big Enchilada is a good review of how George W. Bush and his media team helped shape their message, but does not really go into the dance that is played with the news media. Stephanopoulos' book goes into great detail on how that dance is played and is a very interesting read. Whil ...more
Jessie
Jan 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
So why don't the republicans put Stuart Stevens on their own version of The Daily Show? Even though I'm opposed to just about everything they stood for in this campaign, i just about peed my pants with laughter and have to tip my hat the novelty of this book and insight from a killer campaign... I had thought we had all the comedians on our side of the aisle?
Arun
Nov 09, 2008 rated it liked it
found it for cheap at a library sale. it was good to compare the 2000 campaign with the current one and notice the striking similarities. the narrative is episodic and gives some insight into W's character and the campaign.
Jfarley
Apr 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
"Times are great--vote for change"

The message that a whole bunch of goofballs actually got to work and got W. elected. Great campaign book.
Betty
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I did not vote for Bush, ANY Bush, but W's campaign against Gore was an interesting and amusing read
Dana
Very interesting personable writing style. However the content is not a surprisingly one sided and highly bias account of the 2000 election. I might consider reading his non-political books.
Wil Schroder
Jun 30, 2016
Jamie West
Jan 09, 2013
Jordan McCarren
rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2016
Magc
Jun 21, 2015
Jennifer Friend aud
Jul 04, 2015
An American travel writer, political consultant and Daily Beast columnist. He is the cofounder of Washington, DC-based political media consultancy Stevens & Schriefer Group. He served as a top strategist for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign.
More about Stuart Stevens...