Start by marking “Oracle - Sunken Earth” as Want to Read:
Oracle - Sunken Earth

Oracle - Sunken Earth (Oracle #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  123 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Fall, current day, Atlantic Ocean. Another hurricane tears through the Bahamas, headed for Florida. Among the wreckage: a U.S. Coast Guard rescue boat, one survivor (Ret Cooper), and a spherical object of curious design (the Oracle). Ret Cooper is a simple young man with mysterious origins, unique physical features, and no memory of his past. His new family and friends dis ...more
Paperback, 1, 348 pages
Published June 2011 by Trisef Book LLC

To ask other readers questions about Oracle - Sunken Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oracle - Sunken Earth

Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)
I found this story highly enjoyable. I was hooked from the beginning and didn't want to put it down. The main character Ret is unusual to say the least. He was adopted by the Cooper family 10 months ago, he has no memory of his past and he does not look like most humans do. It was hard to visualize him looking more albino than anything. He is described as having skin so light that he almost glows, his eyes are vibrant and when sleeping can be seen through his eyelids. He also has unexplained sca ...more
I really enjoyed Oracle: Sunken Earth. I thought C.W. Trisef’s writing is smooth and intelligent. I couldn’t believe the mix of fact and fiction. There would be some crazy invention and then an explanation on how it worked! I had no idea if the logic behind it actually made sense but I would still nod my head and think oh that’s why that works. I thought it was clever and well thought out. I also liked the inclusion of the Bermuda Triangle in the book. Once again a perfect mix of fact and fictio ...more
Becky
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was sent a copy of this by the author in exchange for an honest review.
To be honest when approached about this book I wasn't sure what I thought about it, I knew I would either really really love it, or not like it. But I was willing to give it a go, you never know unless you try, right?
The front cover of the book is quite mysterious but really sums up the book, I like the mix of colours and different elements hidden within it, really catches your eye.
The book starts with 'Chapter 0' which mad
Beckie
My review is posted: http://www.bittersweet-enchantment.co...

description

First Impressions: I was asked to read Oracle - Sunken Earth by the authors agent a few months ago. I decided to give the book a try even know pure fantasy is not one of my favorite genre's. I adore the cover, so very colorful. I also love that the book is set in Florida and since I myself used to live there at one time thought it would make for a good read. Even before reading the book I was glad that I did know the area and was aware
Micah
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love
Tammy
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank the author for supplying me with a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. C.W. Trisef is a new an exciting author that has some wonderful and fresh ideas for a new series. As this book opens, we are thrust into the depths of a hurricane. A boat is sinking fast as the coat guard tries desperately to save it.

Ret doesn't remember anything before the hurricane. All he knows is that he looks different than everyone else and has these strange scars on his hands. What do
Lisa
Mar 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: y-a, 2012
This book is about a boy named Ret, who is a bit different. He was found 10 months ago by his adoptive mother and sister, with no memory of his life before he was found. He looks different and has mysterious scars. The story follows him trying to remember who he is and discovering why he's different. I've never been the Percy Jackson series but I imagine they have a similar style, in the way that they are both Y.A books with a male hero, with a mixture of realism and fantasy.

I've read that this
HebaH
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enter Ret, the boy with a forgotten past and uncertain future. Ret Cooper knows he’s different from his peers, but on his journey in Oracle: Sunken Earth, he discovers that the marks on his hands make him more different than he could’ve ever imagined. He’s not the average lead male; he’s not only the definition of blond and brawn, but also brainy and contemplative. Ret’s head is straight on his shoulders, as it should be since he needs room to carry the fate of the world.

With the accidental of a
Amanda
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-these
My Review: This was a pretty enjoyable read! It had its ups and downs, but overall it was very entertaining. I'll start with what I did like about the book first:
It was funny! There was definitely a comic-relief type of character.
It was fast-paced and exciting!
It kept me wanting to know what happened next.
The characters were funny!

Here's a few things that I didn't like:
Sometimes it moved a little too fast
I would have liked a little more world-building
The characters weren't all that relate-able (
Carrie Fesenmyer
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books
This was an easy one to rate. I rated it a perfect score because it is based on how interesting it was. This book is like a science fiction novel yet it was so believable in real life situations. The way that Ret had to use diving gear to swim down to the bottom of the ocean, and having him describe what it was like down there was really amazing. I loved this book and the way it interpreted the way the earth was made, and it was pretty easy to read. I learned from this book that science fiction ...more
LINCCReviews
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pure enjoyment from start to finish! I appreciated Trisef's ability to simultaneously entertain and educate. Who knew learning could be fun?! His unpredicatable imagination and impressive use of diction compliment each other in a wonderful way. His characters are deep yet knowable, funny yet profound. Woven amid all the action and adventure are moments of beautiful prose and serious reflection. What a read! Couldn't put it down! I'm already getting started on the second book in the Oracle series ...more
Celine Garcia
May 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oracle has been compared to the Percy Jackson series but I think it’s the next step after. Characters like teacher Mr. Quirk, or Principle Stone may contain only a whisper of the juvenile humor in the Percy books, but there is so much detail to science, nature, and history that I feel the teen that read the Riordan books, as a child will appreciate the Oracle series. There is a lot of content in this book and I can say that I was able to follow it. While I read Oracle - Sunken Earth I kept remem ...more
Annie
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc, free
this is a great adventure story for young kids, lots of action, bravado and mystery.
The characters are fun and quirky. The hero is young Ret, who washes ashore one day somewhere off the Florida coast after a hurricane and he remembers nothing about his previous life, he looks different from everyone else and he finds later on that he has special powers.
When I received this book, I showed my mom and she snatched it up to Read it first, she got about 1/3 of the way in and my 12 yr. old nephew sn
Sheri
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oracle - Sunken Earth (Oracle, #1) (C.W. Trisef)

Young Ret Cooper is found in a rescue boat, the sole survivor with a round object. He is adopted by the wife of one of the boats crew who didn't survive. Ret is not a usual boy, he struggles to fit in. Soon he discovers a mysterious scar on his hand, and finds he has superpowers.

He learns the round object is the Oracle, it is legend to hold six of natures original elements. He must learn of earths secret elements and find them.

A fun fantasy story w
Cathy Breitbarth
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is the first of a series, so the author was establishing the characters and did well in their description. It will be interesting what the author does with some of the characters in the future books.

I am looking forward to the rest of the series. Very promising author. I hope there are not years between the books.

Oracle - Sunken Earth
Amanda Denning
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was great! Adventure ... war ... magic powers ... secret civilizations ... humor ... What more could you ask for?! Kept me completely engaged and wanting to read "just a couple more pages" from beginning to end. I also love that it's a high school level read, but incorporates great vocab words, social themes, geography, and references to actual mysteries of the universe. I will definitely be picking up book #2, and can't wait to see what's in store for Ret next!
Ava
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

The author of this book came to my school to talk about the book. The presentation he gave was vary interesting so I decided to try out the first one. I will definitely read the other ones and I recommend them. They are an easy read I read them in about 5 hours. I would recommend them for ages 8-14.
Jessica Haggard-maxon
I loved this book from the start to the end!! I would recommend this book to anyone young and old who is looking for a book that is a clean great story!!! C.W.Trisef is very creative he has made his characters funny and loveable! I can't wait to start the next book and see where he takes me in this ongoing journey!!
Tyler Mcilvenna
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the kind of book that gets better and more exciting as it goes on. It is incredibly easy to get hooked on the characters- and has the perfect mix of mystery and action! Definitely glad I had the next book in the series on deck.
Mary
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good first YA novel. Looking forward to the next book in the series. I hope the character of Mr. Coy grows on me a little more. He wasn't my favorite and seemed out of tune in some sections. In general, I thought the characters of Ret, Paige and Ana were well written.

Malia
Dec 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-the-shelf
An enjoyable read and a good start to a 7 book series.
Although it was slow and slightly confusing in some parts, I still stayed up late in the night reading. I look forward to finding out what adventures Ret and his friends encounter next.

Andrea Oshima
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very impressed, easy read. School librarians should add this book to their collection. If your students enjoyed Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan, "The Unwanted" series by Lisa McMann, "The Mysterious Benedict Society" by Trenton Stewart, then they may like this series as well.
Andrey
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Eveyone
The Oracle series is sooooo interesting, and I finished reading the whole series in just half a month. There are 4 books in the serie; all of them are about Ret and how he collects the elements to "cure the world" I would highly suggest everyone to read this book. "It really gets you hooked"
Peyton Stafford
Excellent characters and plot. New author needs practice writing to develop voice and basics. First of seven in a series. Definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys sci-fi, YA and who wants to watch a new talent bloom.
Jaylee Tschida
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book you should read it
Lovey Dovey Books
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sheryl
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun fantasy with some very odd and interesting characters. A great job for a first time author.
Nicole
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast read with interesting characters. I liked it, and my kiddo ate it alive. Looking forward to the next one.
Mechele
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mecheles-reviews
Review at readforyourfuture.blogspot.com :)
A.B. Shepherd
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review will be posted on my blog on March 17th.

Read this and all my reviews here: http://abshepherdsreinventedreader.bl...
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Osiris Curse (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures, #2)
  • Verity Hart vs. the Vampyres Omnibus
  • The Dream Engine
  • Kraken Rising (Alex Hunter, #6)
  • Shattering the Ley (Erenthrall, #1)
  • Jack Templar And The Lord Of The Werewolves (The Templar Chronicles, #4)
  • The Tegen Cave
  • The Kaiser Affair (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #1)
  • A Life Less Ordinary
  • Heart Waves (Heart Waves, #1)
  • An Unremembered Grave
  • These Mean Streets, Darkly (Liquid Cool, #0.5)
  • Leviathan Rising (Pax Britannia, #2)
  • Harmony (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Realms Of The Red Rabbit: (Realms Of The Red Rabbit Series, Book 1)
  • My Clockwork Muse (The Poe Files Mysteries)
  • Where the Carnies Are
  • Cat's Paw

Oracle (3 books)
  • Oracle - Fire Island (Oracle, #2)
  • Oracle - River of Ore (Oracle, #3)