Start by marking “The Makeup Wakeup: Revitalizing Your Look at Any Age” as Want to Read:
The Makeup Wakeup: Revitalizing Your Look at Any Age

The Makeup Wakeup: Revitalizing Your Look at Any Age

Face it--women fall into a beauty rut at a certain age, when their tried-and-true makeup techniques just aren't working anymore. That's when you know it's time for a Makeup Wakeup! Beauty experts Lois Joy Johnson and Sandy Linter say it's time to learn what will work for women 40+ now. The Makeup Wakeup shares Lois and Sandy's inside information on what stars do; how to fa ...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Running Press Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Makeup Wakeup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Makeup Wakeup

Kecia
Apr 09, 2012 Kecia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Ladies, if you are over 40 this book is worth checking out of the library. Some of the things in here were a bit too much for a life at Midwestern law firm, but I was still able to glean a few good tips.

I really want to splurge now and purchase a Kevin Aucoin eyelash curler!
The Literary Chick
Jul 14, 2013 The Literary Chick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beauty, health
This book was an absolute inspiration for me. Clearly written, beautifully photographed, it gives practical advice as well as different view points (Sandy Linter's, a celebrity make-up artist who is as beautiful if not more than the models she paints, and Lois Joy Johnson's, a top beauty editor). Most importantly, it is honest, giving advice for those who wish to age naturally (a clear case for his was made by photographs of the iconic Patti Hansen), and those who wish to utilize a bit of surgic ...more
Colleen
Dec 23, 2015 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book to learn the basics of makeup - not necessarily application, but what each step does and the best tools (along with branded recommendations). Full color photos with before and after pictures that are very close up with no retouching add authenticity and realism. Not great as a how-to manual, but a good starter guide, geared toward 30 and up (best for women in their 40's and 50's).
Rachel C
Mar 27, 2015 Rachel C rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beauty
This was a decent makeup book. I'd say it is geared more toward ages 50-70 rather than early 40s. It was also disappointing that the book focused on naming very high end brand products rather than generally product types, or suggesting similar products at different price points.
Debbie
Nov 15, 2015 Debbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shouldn't have bothered.

The information in this book is basic. So much so, it doesn't help the 50+ women who want to break out of a rut at all. All products mentioned are extremely high priced. Waste of money, and a waste of trees to make the paper from.
Jays
May 20, 2015 Jays added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jays by: jaysandrea@hotmail.com
Good makeup book for 40+
TheRose
Mar 30, 2012 TheRose rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cosmetics
I got this book so that I could better serve my customers over 40. I very much enjoyed it and plan to use much of the information.
Carroll Larremore
Meh. I learned a couple of things. So that means the book earnd a two. The pages of listings of products were pretty boring, but I understand that is important, as well.
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Not worth reading for women under 40.
Sandra
Apr 02, 2014 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My close friends and I use this book. I have even bought it as gifts for those who don't. Great tips to update your makeup look....especially if, like me, you are stuck in a makeup rut.
Angela Montgomery
Mar 16, 2015 Angela Montgomery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book, but not worth reading unless you're over 50.
Mar 21, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would have given it more stars if not for the fact that this book is meant for at least 50 and over I would say. I'll read it again in 20 years and re-rate it.
V
Jan 12, 2016 V rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful photos of 40 plus aged women. Many have had surgery but there are practical tips on looking younger without it.
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2015
Ayden B
Ayden B rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Karen Gartner
Karen Gartner rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
Xana
Xana rated it it was ok
May 31, 2014
Anna Demchenko
Anna Demchenko rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
cristi dean
cristi dean rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
Diane Conlinn
Diane Conlinn rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2015
Patrice
Patrice rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2014
Shawn Kacerski
Shawn Kacerski rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
KU2
KU2 rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Ellen Warwick
Ellen Warwick rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2014