Start by marking “Ten Lies about God: And How You Might Already Be Deceived” as Want to Read:
Ten Lies about God: And How You Might Already Be Deceived

Ten Lies about God: And How You Might Already Be Deceived

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
"The clearer we see God, the clearer we shall see ourselves." With this conviction firmly in mind, Dr. Erwin Lutzer examines ten lies about our Maker that have crept into spiritual thought in postmodern times. And he notes that these deceits are prominent not only in non-Christian minds but in the professing church as well.

On the surface, each of these lies may appear at l
Published February 8th 2002 by Thomas Nelson (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Lies about God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Lies about God

Kent
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
I used this to teach my young adults Sunday School class. The lies Lutzer lists are, for the most part, the commonest ones:

God is whatever we want him to be.
Many paths lead into God's presence.
God is more tolerant than he used to be.
God has never personally suffered.
God is obligated to save followers of other religions.
God takes no responsibility for natural disasters.
God does not know our decisions before we make them.
The Fall ruined God's plan.
We must choose between God's pleasures and our own
Steve Rohn
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal! Controversial. Solid. He hits a lot of good points that many books avoid. He brings everything back to the Bible with much boldness. Great for any reader. Some chapters address topics that deceive unbelievers, such as more than one way to God, and even stuff that believers struggle with such as God's involvement in natural disasters. It's a great book for study groups. The chapters are a little long (20 pages on average), but the writing flows so well. A must read.
Nat Kidder
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lutzer once again shows why he's a top-notch theologian, exposing ten misconceptions about God that are common in our fast-paced modern society. He doesn't elaborate enough on the predestination - free will debate, but otherwise presents sound, solid theology.

I found myself highlighting at least some of practically every page. Outstanding apologetics resource.
Eva
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent explanation of such statements as "God helps those who help themselves" or God is not responsible for natural disasters." There are ten such statements that everyone takes as true, but they are not. I liked this book and believe it could help anyone who wondered about those things.
Rod
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: apologetics

Probably the best book explaining Christianity that I've ever read. (and i've read alot).
anytime someone is handed a Bible - they should probably be handed this as well. Then we wouldn't have so many confused sects of Christianity running the wrong way with Biblical information.
Karen
John Benzing
Jun 14, 2014
Aragorn Ann
Jun 03, 2017
Erwin W. Lutzer is senior pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago. A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary and Loyola University, he is the author of numerous books, including the Gold Medallion Award winner "Hitler's Cross" and the best seller "One Minute After You Die". He is also a teacher on radio programs heard on more than 700 stations throughout the United States and the world, including "S ...more
More about Erwin W. Lutzer...