Start by marking “The (In)Eligible Bachelors” as Want to Read:
The (In)Eligible Bachelors

The (In)Eligible Bachelors

Arranged marriages are complicated things.

So are relationships.

And so are mothers.

Kasturi Shukla is a fresh MBA graduate with a great job in hand. She is also geeky and single at 24.The biggest sore spot in Kasturi's life is her dominating, arranged marriage obsessed mother now hell bent on getting her daughter married off at the earliest.

Does Kasturi find love in one of t
Published September 30th 2011 by Rupa & Co. (first published August 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The (In)Eligible Bachelors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The (In)Eligible Bachelors

Start your review of The (In)Eligible Bachelors
Sumit Sehgal
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One chronicle which every bachelor would like/love to read!!!

‎The(In)Eligible Bachelors is a laugh riot from beginning to end. Hilarious would be an understatement. It’s simply unputdownable ... fast, witty, & relatable characters. The first book ever which made me laugh out loud at oh! so many points! Kasturi’s diary is one chronicle which every bachelor would like/love to read.
Seeing my late night reactions, my mom is now reading it after almost a decade. The sight of her reading, laughing an
Pallavi S
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is about me! Hey people, Ruchita has written such a wonderful story that I can 100% relate to. It really feels as if the characters and plots and sub-plots are something which have happened with me and my friends. Simple and yet so engaging and powerful. This is a winner and Ruchita is a star. Look forward to the next one :) :) :)
Sruthi Menon
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jesters
Great Book.....
Finished within 1.5 hours.....A perfect jester.
Couldnot stop lafng!!!!!!
VaultOfBooks
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
By Ruchita Misra. Grade: B+
Arranged marriages are complicated things.
So are relationships.
And so are mothers!
Kasturi Shukla is a fresh MBA graduate with a great job in hand. She is also geeky and single at 24.The biggest sore spot in Kasturi’s life is her dominating, arranged marriage obsessed mother now hell bent on getting her daughter married off at the earliest.
Does Kasturi find love in one of the rather weird but IIT/IIM boys that Mum manages to shortlist? Or perhaps she can follow her wild
Ramazah Razvi
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book had its both ups and downs. For one reason the writing style which tries to follow Meg Cabot's books just miserably fails. Sometimes trying to point out silly factors in numbered forms, it only makes us feel like a fourteen year old kids daily journal. It could've been done with a little more maturity or with a little more comic sense. No.2 the so called jokes cracked in between lines are not really funny. Could've picked some better stuff. I liked the crush description with Rajeev Sir ...more
Anasua Saha
Sep 10, 2011 rated it liked it
A well written book and is extremely funny. The storyline is extremely predictable but its a good light hearted read :). I have already passed the book onto my mom ;).
Claussius
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Cute Would make an awesome chick flick.. And If it does I'll definitely go watch it :)
Mahalakshmi Venkatesh
Ruchita Misra's debut novel, the (in)eligible bachelors is the story of Kasturi Shukla on her way to find her Mr. Right. She is forced to meet the eligible grooms her mother forces her to meet. On the other hand, she is attracted to her extremely good looking boss. What will Kasturi do? Will she follow her heart? Will she find the right partner?

I was about to call it a night when it had started raining here. I couldn't supress the urge to read and I wanted to read something familiar. I think thi
S
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and absolutely brilliant story, the story & situations were so relatable . All the characters in the story were perfect fit and some of the situations had me laughing so hard. Definitely a must read. Ruchita is a very talented storyteller and can't wait to read what she pens up next .Excellent witty story.. Just love it . Ruchita is just fab , she knows how to weave beautiful plots and well developed characters which pulls the characters in right from the beginning of the story. I have ...more
Kushagra
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Picked this up because I loved her "second chance at love" and "someone to love"...and finished this one over the weekend.
I don't remember the last time I liked a novel so so much. Ruchita is such a gem...she induces life in her characters and when we read them it feels like we are connected to them.
I was searching for more of her novels but I didn't find many.
I am desperately waiting for her new books as I am falling in love with her writings now ❤️
Ash
May 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Rubbish plot, irritating one-dimensional characters. The only reason I finished it was I had made it 2/3 of the way through and felt compelled. The ending reads like the author was so fed up with writing the damn thing that she just cobbled together a random assortment of paragraphs and sent it to the editor, who then proceeded to publish the whole damn thing without proofreading it.
Nisha Karkera
May 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Predictable and yawn inducing..
Hemangi Patgiri
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
An entertaining story with the right blend of fiction, facts and lots of laughs
Manoj Solanki
Apr 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Competed first chapter but couldn't go beyond 2 pages of second one.I won't say anything bad about the book but I think this one is not for me.
Alex
Jul 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
One of the worst books I had read. Plot: not interesting. Characters: not interesting. Language: here's where I cry!!

I dont even know why I bother to write a review.
Dr.Savita.Koregol
Cosy book

For a cosy day to curl up with. All the characters in the book came so alive while reading this romantic love story .
Dev Mittal
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So True, So Funny.... I Loved It !!
Anil Swarup
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
In the first half of the book the narration meanders. It picks up some pace in the second one but it is indeed difficult for the reader to reach the second half which has some action.
Rahul
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amit Gupta
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Written in the form of a diary in the first person, the book talks about Misra’s protagonist, Kasturi Shukla, a 24 year old pretty middle-class girl from one of India’s finest B-schools. Happy-go-lucky Kasturi has some really grave problems of her own, the topmost of which include her mother, who is hellbent upon marrying her off as soon as possible. And she wouldn't hear a NO from Kasturi on that matter. Kasturi’s father has no say in the matter and chooses to remain outside than watch mother-d ...more
Aparajita Shorey
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Arranged marriages are a huge part of the Indian culture and just like as the clock struck midnight and Cinderella turned back into a housemaid from a beautiful princess, when Indian girls turn 20 something it looks like for their parents they become neon signs that read “Grooms Wanted”. Obviously when you add elements like good educational as well as social pedigree along with alignment of stars, horoscopes, castes and ‘gotras’, you have one big ugly and messy situation in your hand. Kasturi, a ...more
Ankur Mishra
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
When i Saw Awadh Samman to Ruchita mishra by UP-CM, then i was exited to knowing about her. I googled
her and know about her book. Read her Interview and her Blog. Then decided to read her book. Started with last page. Yet Book has a good Connectivity in Bollywood Style.
First, I will discuss about her Interview, some lines are highly interested like : She started writing because of Recession(job), firstly she started painting then go for Writing. I like her very much (Not in that sense), as a blo
Kavita
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-reviews
A good one...hilarious , witty and fun read. Loved the author’s way of writing the story. Kasturi is someone we would all relate to. We all, at some point have been feeling like her, our expectations of the life partner somewhere connect with hers. But the best part about the story is that it is not very predictable. Loved the way the characters and sketched .You would hate Ananya’s mom ,u would love to have a friend like Pitaji and You would love falling in love with Dr Purva . Oops, i have rev ...more
Santosh
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was unable to stop myself laugh out loud while reading it. Almost in tears in between and truly delighted at the way it comes to end. Story reminds, how important friendship is, in everyone's life. How important parents are, even if they are annoying sometime.
Most importantly it reminds, how many of us claim about understanding what love is, which is not so true in most cases. Its only when one comes face to face with their love, realize what it is exactly. And then it will be up to us lead l
Ankita Bhatia
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Funny and Unputdownable! I read the book in 5 hours straight... that speaks volumes about the kind of book this is. The best thing about the book is that the protagonist is not perfect. A little goofy, a little serious, totally adorable and tons of fun to read... :)

The situations are life like, well most of them anyway and you can probably think up of knowing someone who has been there and done that. It is breezy, fun read... perfect for taking your mind off the stress after a busy week.

Binu Thomas
Apr 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Ruchita Misra is exploring a market that is yet to take off on a grand stage in India. And that is, what I would like to call, the 'chick-books' market. As far as I understand, there's still lots of room to explore and many such books will be on the shelf sooner rather than later. As far as this book is concerned, it is an easy going book, but it could have been a lot better.`

Complete Review
Supreeth Shankar
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps after backbencher series this is one book that flows so easily.
Journey between chapters is very simple and I will have to congratulate the author for this clever screenplay.

Characters are not overcrowded and each gets ample space to make an impression.
Story has got sugary touch but isnt too sweet.

I have never said this abt a book!!
this one is Cute..
Probably the best one i have read in the genre :)

@Ruchita Misra - Waiting for your next one. Kudos..! :)
Purnima Powell
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-books
I wish I hadn't read it , the only reason I even continued this book is to see something nice or interesting happens but...it went on and on ...Teena...the accident ...how can you mix geeky and pretty and Ananya portrayed as tomboy...
No plot , no proper character creation...I feel sad that people are being marketed.I am sorry I am not a writer but I read and this was waste of my time.
I had high expectations for the book .
just disappointed.

I love the review @sa gave.
Laila
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coincidences sometimes create more than a moment... They create memory...

This is the bottom line with which i describe this book. Beautifully written wid with simple melodrama any girl after 24 would face for marraige..
A little different .. I learnt a quite a few new words which added into my I-REMEMBER-VERY-FEW-WORDS list and most importantly => people lyk me who arent so fond of hefty 4 numbered pages books.. Guyz dis is soo a book to grab on !!
Pallavi
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
A bollywood diary of sorts. The book moves at a good pace but what puts me off is the 'making fun of the chubby uncle at the next table' 'pinky getting engaged even thought she is so fat'. As a writer I feel the author bears a responsibility to break away from these insensitive comments. Breezy two hour read.

• The Nameless Relationship
  • A Secret She Carried: (A Wattpad Novel)
  • Living on the Edge (Sehgal Family & Friends Book 5)
  • The Devil’s Desire: A Passionate Romance
  • Mr & Mrs Sehgal (Mr & Mrs Series Book 1)
  • Startup Fiancè: A clean and wholesome billionaire romance (Startup Romance Series Book 1)
  • LONG LOST FRIEND LOVE: Forever Happily Ever After Romance
  • My Difficult Love: Happily Ever After Sensuous Romance (1)
  • Her Temporary Husband
  • Wooed by Mr Charming
  • Love, Lies and Games
  • Second Chances Soulmate (Now, Forever & Always #1)
  • Stories We Never Tell