Start by marking “Entrapped” as Want to Read:
Entrapped

Entrapped

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Entrapped is a thriller of high stakes: life and death, love, and oil.

Set in Alberta, Entrapped is the story of Liv Gardner, an ambitious young oil executive intent on stopping farmer Tom Wainwright who is sabotaging her rigs after a spill of lethal “sour” gas poisoned his wife. Desperate to save the company she built, Liv plants evidence to frame Tom. But when the eviden
Published (first published June 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Entrapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entrapped

Laurie
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What an all-engrossing read! This fast-paced story leaves me feeling quite divided. Beautifully and tightly structured, the novel flowed brilliantly to its near fairy tale finale. While my interest was wholly engaged throughout, the behavior of the characters in the first half of the book made me feel disgust. As the book starts, Liv Gardner, an executive for Falcon Oil is spying in an effort to catch a saboteur. The company is at the brink of bankruptcy; personally, Liv is almost broke. Liv als ...more
Jaidis Shaw
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Entrapped by Barbara Kyle is the thrilling tale about the lengths people will go to in order to preserve the most important things in their lives. What things are considered important enough to risk everything? Family and friends? Business and financial success? Maybe even love? Either way, when you have two groups waging war against each other, sacrifices have to be made.

Olivia had everything she dreamed of. After having a not so happy childhood, Liv is given the opportunity of a life time when
Charissa
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I won this book on a blog review, and love its cover. It was a fast-paced suspense set in the wide open lands of Alberta, Canada where an oil company's drill sites are being sabotaged. Liv and Mickey, President and VP of Falcon Oil go there to trap the saboteur, who they believe is Tom Wainwright, a local farmer whose wife died from a sour gas leak near his property. The plot is very intense and surprising, with twists right up to the end. I liked it and was intrigued by what I learned about the ...more
Heather
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Mystery with some romance in it
Recommended to Heather by: Net Galley
Have you ever read a book that you got to the end and wanted to cry….. because it was over?
That was Entrapped.
Barbara Kyle just went straight to my favorite author’s list.
I have never read any of her other novels, but they are on my TBR list now. From looking through her book list, I was surprised to see she typically writes historical novels. I expected the rest of her novels to be modern day too. Lucky me, I love historical settings also.
Entrapped is definitely not your typical romance novel,
Carol
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, kindle-books
'Entrapped' is a very enjoyable book for several reasons.

At the beginning of the book, you are plunged into the story with Olivia Gardner, Liv for short is driving her sister, Chris on a mission to do something, but what. We don't really know which side of environmental conversory.

Slowly the book leaks out the information that her sister used be taken care of by the Willows Institution. So Liv is now taking of Chris herself because she can no longer afford the cost.

Liv is ambition driven and sm
Florence Osmund
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a well written book, had good character development and an interesting plot line. It was fast-paced, held my attention, and the author wrote great descriptions. What I didn’t like about it was that unless the protagonist is a villain, I believe he/she should be at least somewhat likable. This protagonist shamelessly deceived and used many people, was underhanded, and dishonest. The only thing to like about her was she looked after her mentally challenged sister instead of putting her in ...more
Eric Wright
Nov 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, fiction
In Entrapped Kyle gives us the feel of both those suffering due to sour gas and the depradations of the oil industry and the struggle of said industry to bring their products to market.

The story is fast-paced, very readable, enlightening and reminiscent of real events in Alberta where the sabotage of pipelines occurred.

Warning: it contains overly graphic sex scenes.
Carrie
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thrillers
An absorbing thriller that pits oil company against Alberta farmer. The characters are rich and fully developed, and the setting is so beautifully described, you'll feel as though you just spent time in Alberta. Furthermore, "Entrapped" is fast-paced and well-researched, so not only will you be entertained, you will learn something in the process.
Stephen Best
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read. I'm hooked on books that have something important to explore, and have characters--antagonists and protagonists--that are neither all good or all evil. Entrapped is one of those too rare examples where "story"--and a great one at that--is used to reveal truths of import.
Summer
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Good storyline, a little predictable in places, a little crude on other places. I probably wouldn't recommend it to a friend, but it was ok.
« previous 1 3 next »

Hello Readers,

I'm delighted to share with you the release of my latest book, "Page-Turner: Your Path to Writing a Novel that Publishers Want and Readers Buy." As the author of novels with sales of over half a million books, I hope "Page-Turner" will help and inspire emerging writers everywhere.

Here's a little background about me. Before becoming an author, I enjoyed a twenty-year acting career in
More about Barbara Kyle...