Start by marking “Spear of Seth” as Want to Read:
Spear of Seth

Spear of Seth

Alex Khyan, the protagonist of "Spear of Seth," is very level-headed person, with both feet firmly planted on the ground. Or is he? What will he do when he faces a world he thought existed only in dreams of an ancient civilization? Alex is quite comfortable in his skin. He is a premed student of the Van Senmut College, so he has to be a serious young man, has he not? He no ...more
Published June 16th 2011 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Spear of Seth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spear of Seth

Joana (The Boundless Booklist)
Full Review: http://best-of-ya.blogspot.com/2012/0...

Plot: Spear of Seth is very Indiana-Jones-like. The action begins right away and you are swept into a very detailed Egyptian adventure filled with treasure hunting, danger, and suspense. Every myth, legend and historical fact needed to understand exactly what they are searching for is clearly described to us. This really came in handy as I had no idea what any of the things they were talking about were. However, at times it was also a little o
Lulu (The Bookworm is Here!)
Spear of Seth definitely has that Indiana-Jones vibe going on. This is such an adventure book that is easy to read and get sucked into. As the reader, you'll be amazed at the detailed descriptions of the Egyptian Underworld and the pages are dripping with lengends and myths. A very intense read!

Spear of Seth is told from Alex Khyan's point of view and Heather Van Senmut's view. What was really neat is I never had to guess who was speaking because at the beginning of each chapter it said either "
Jade Eby
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Originally published at my blog Chasing Empty Pavements

I love me Indiana Jones themed books so this one seemed right up my alley. The first thing I noticed about this novel is that the cover does not look like a self-published book at all! The cover rocks! As soon as I read the blurb, I was excited to jump in!

The Good: So not only do I LOVE Indiana Jones, I also love all things Egyptian. Something about it has fascinated me all my life. So the mixture of the two in this novel really brought it t
Austine (NovelKnight)
Spear of Seth is an action-packed adventure perfect for fans of Indiana Jones. Not only does this book have plenty to keep you reading, the depth of the mythology Daniel uses is...amazing. I am a HUGE fan of mythology-based books and this one is no exception. Throughout the story, you not only goes on a journey with protagonists Alex and Heather but also gain new knowledge of Egyptian mythology. I can't verify how much is accurate but regardless, it adds a new element to the story. I do think so ...more
Hot Stuff Book Reviews
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it

This novel is the first one of a series. I have to thank the author who gave me a free e-copy of this book.

As a child, I was fond of Indiana Jones like many of you, I'm sure. This book makes me think of it, even if the characters are different. The myths and Egyptian Uderworld enhance this vibe and the atmosphere makes it so easy to delve into the story.

The alternate point of view is clear and never confusing which is really important in an action pack no
Jasmine Villanova
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Beneath the Moon and Stars review

This book was great.I love Egyptian themed books. I wish there were more of them. I've actually never seen Indiana Jones. People say this is a lot like it. So if you like Indiana Jones I'm sure you will love this. One of the best parts was the Egyptian mythology. That plays a huge part in this. This made me want to learn more about Egyptian mythology. Im extremely curious as to what story's were real and what were made up.

Spear of Seth is told from two points of
Chayse Sundt
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Growing up, I found watching the Indiana Jones movies exciting with all the action, myths, and even the theme song. When picking up this book to read and explore into the world of these two college students and what they went throug. It reminded me of being a kid and sitting in front of the tv watching those movies.

I had a little bit of a hard time getting into the story becasue of the action and information of the Egyptian myths, that I sometimes had to go back. However, with saying that I nev
Donna
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully fresh and unique. If you like Indiana Jones, you will love Spear of Seth. A fabulous lesson in Egyptian mythology, the gods come to life (literally) in this fantastic book.

The story is told from the viewpoint of two college students, Alex and Heather. They are seeking the Spear of Seth. Characters in this book are engaging. One thing I can guarantee, you don't really know who is a 'good guy' and who is a 'bad guy' while you are reading.

Alex ends up in the Egyptian Underworld, in the
Rebecca McKinnon
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited to be asked to review this book. It played right into my interest of all things Egyptian. I had a very hard time not grouching when I had to put the book down to take care of normal life.

Myths and legends? Check. Danger? Yep. Life and death situations? Sure. Adventure? You betcha. If you like stories with a twist of Indiana Jones-style excitement, this book is for you.

I really don't want to ruin this for anyone. Really. But it's killing me not to gush about this one! Okay,
Marissa
Jul 10, 2012
Barking RainPress
Apr 05, 2013
Rene Daniel
Aug 19, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Burgandy Ice