Start by marking “Gifts Gone Astray” as Want to Read:
Gifts Gone Astray

Linda Banche

Gifts Gone Astray

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A gift is a wonderful surprise. Or maybe not.

At the Earl of Langley's family gathering, everyone receives a gift, including the servants. Tutor Stephen Fairfax expects a small token, but the present from family member Mrs. Anne Copley, the widow who has caught his eye, is a dream come true.

Until he opens it. What a gift! How did that demure lady acquire such a book? And sh
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Gifts Gone Astray, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gifts Gone Astray

Emery Lee
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I downloaded this Regency novella on my Kindle after Linda Banche spoke about it as one of our featured authors during our RHFL online book club. I began reading it yesterday as a much needed diversion from my own current WIP and found it a sweet, funny and charming story. Gifts Gone Astray is an entertaining comedy of errors that I highly recommend for those who, like me, need the indulgent pleasure of a good Regency romp every now and then.
Karly Maddison
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved this! The quirky concept, the hilarious results. A little gem. The hook was great, I couldn't stop turning the pages. It flowed along with great pace and style from start to finish.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

A Regency screwball comedy? Linda Banche’s latest romantic offering, Gifts Gone Astray, comes pretty darn close. As her title implies, a round of gift giving gone wrong leads to mayhem for several couples and the ensuing mistaken intentions make for some of the funniest situations you could find in a Regency Romance.

Despite the setting of an English country manor and the presence of many members of the nobility, the hero and heroine
Romancing the Book
Jan 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
Reviewed By~Robin
Review Copy Provided By~Publisher

I found this short story pleasant. It kept you reading to find out what would happen but, it seemed to be missing something for me.

It was an easy read that you can easily sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and read in a very short time.

The story takes place in Cheshire, England in July of 1817. The Gage family is having their summer celebration and widower, Mrs. Anne Copely has arranged the presents for all invited. Two of the younger boys have
Lindsay Townsend
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
'Gifts Gone Astray' by Linda Banche is a delightful romantic comedy of misunderstandings, ghastly relations (old and young) a sinister suitor and two very different books sent as gifts to the 'wrong' people. The story is also a building romance between Stephen and Anne. I really liked these two characters. Stephen is blond and handsome (So great to have a blond hero!), a son of a noble fallen on hard times through no fault of his own and fascinated by bridges and bridge building. He's really an ...more
Silver James
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
Gifts Gone Astray Linda Blanche's regency is sure to bring a smile to the reader's face. Enjoyable characters mingle with a few despicable ones to make for a rollicking read. Stephen Fairfax, third son of a baron has to find work as a tutor to the spoiled son of an earl. Anne Copely, a young widow, must rely on her well-to-do family. When they meet at a family gathering and gifts get mixed up, the ensuing comedy of errors compounds things until Anne's reputation could be compromised. A fun read.
Victoria Vane
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Philippa Lodge
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A cute story. Lots of misunderstandings and mix ups. it was funny, but sometimes the comedy felt a bit belabored.
Ashia
Rella  (Cleanreadsplease)
Aug 10, 2014
Lady Kate
Jul 27, 2017
Welcome to My World of Historical Hilarity!

I'm Linda Banche, and I write witty, sweet/sensual Regency romantic comedy with nary a rake or royal in sight. Some might also contain fantasy, paranormal or science fiction. But comedy is my love, and I've created my own wacky blend of humor and Regency with stories that can elicit reactions from a gentle smile to a belly laugh.

Like many other romance au
More about Linda Banche...