Start by marking “The Deadly Dare Mysteries” as Want to Read:
The Deadly Dare Mysteries

The Deadly Dare Mysteries (Hippo Mystery #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  248 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
In Deadly Dare , there's a new craze at Theo and Ricky's school. The rules are simple: write a dare, put it in the bag and take turns to pick one out. But on the night Ricky does his dare and enters the deserted warehouse, he disappears. What really happened to Ricky - and how much does new girl Angela know? Theo needs to find the answers before it's too late . . .

There's
Published September 1st 2005 by Corgi Childrens (first published August 18th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Deadly Dare Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deadly Dare Mysteries

Mel
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Despite being 24 I thought I would give this a go as I have loved Malorie Blackman since reading Noughts and Crosses.

The 3 stories featured in this book followed friends Theo, Ricky and Angela and focus on unusual goings on at and around their school.

These were stories aimed at younger readers (early teens, mainly boys), but a good way to lead on to more mature detective stories such as Sherlock olmes and Poirot (which are mentioned throughout the stories).
Char
Deadly Dare - 4 stars: Full review can be found at From the Shadows I Review

Well, this is a story for younger readers so I wasn’t really sure if I’d like it but you know me, I’ll try anything once and I found myself to be pleasantly surprised. At 123(ish) pages, this is a very short story. So enjoyable though. The mystery begins early with a mysterious POV and then it just keeps going and shows no sign of letting up until we’ve solved our mystery. I liked that, it stopped me from getting bored
Nathan
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Full of twists and turns (like i mean packed full) funny and keeps you on your toes although, Malorie should change her writing to let the reader figure it out for them selves because the only way you figured out what was going on was by the characters saying something that only they had noticed and wasn't told to you in the book until the last minute.
Bruce
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angela was the newest kid at school. "She'd only arrived at the beginning of the week and already it was as if she'd been here for years. There was something about her that Theo wasn't quite sure about.” Nevertheless Theo and his friend Ricky are excited about the new game she’s introduced. It’s called Cash or Dare, and Theo plans to get the cash. Most of his classmates are playing. Write out a dare—nothing spiteful or dangerous—on a piece of paper put it in a bag along with £2. If you don’t do ...more
Salima
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rereading a childhood favourite from one of my all-time favourite authors.

The Deadly Dare Mysteries is a collection of three mystery stories about a group of detective-style kids in school, and their adventures. Would recommend to everyone in the lower-age demographic of YA.
Amy Johnstone
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think that the deadly dare mysteries is best book i have read in ages.
I am only on page 17 which is in the middle of chapter 3 and I am really happy about this book.
Name of book: The Deadly Dare Mysteries
Autor: Malorie Blackman
ISBN: 0-552-55353-0
Mark Warner
Nov 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-kids
An enjoyable set of mini-stories based around the same set of characters. The first book I'd read as an ebook on my iPad!
Greysmilexx
Jul 10, 2014 rated it liked it
good book second story was the best
Bookworm2000
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING1 a collection of 3 mystery novels!
Andrée
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
the 21stC equivalent of The Famous Five or The Secret 7 but with computers and bullying.
Lots about death and absent parents. Very much a 'kids' book but didn't appeal to my inner child
Gill
Apr 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story for young teens. A nice easy read.
Anna Grantham
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amazingly good book! Couldnt put it down, 3 stories in one. Quite gory at parts, a mystery story.
Joelle
May 13, 2008
Lila
Jun 04, 2012
Tracy Ryan
rated it did not like it
May 31, 2015
Michah Congo-Nyah
Oct 02, 2013
Gabi
Oct 25, 2017
  • Danger Society: The Young Bond Dossier (Young Bond)
  • Big Game
  • Fifteen Bones
  • Blood Ransom (Blood Ties, #2)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth II, Boxed Set (Magic Knight Rayearth II, #1-3)
  • Fruit and Nutcase (Diary, #3)
  • Black Mirror
  • Bloody Horowitz
  • Star-Crossed
  • Flood and Fang (The Raven Mysteries, #1)
  • Badger in the Basement (Animal Ark, #6)
  • The Big Splash
  • The Underwood See (Withern Rise, #3)
  • Sky Song (Sky Song trilogy #1)
  • Finding Jennifer Jones (Jennifer Jones, #2)
  • Conspiracy Girl
  • Empty Quarter (Darcie Lock, #2)
  • Before Wings
An award-winning children's author, Malorie Blackman was honoured with an OBE in 2008. Her work has been adapted for TV and stage.

More information available at:
Myspace
British Council: Contemporary Authors
British Council: Encompass Culture
Channel 4 Learning: Book Box
More about Malorie Blackman

Hippo Mystery (3 books)
  • Lie Detectives (Hippo)
  • The Computer Ghost (Hippo Mystery)