Start by marking “Volley Balls (Balls to the Wall #1)” as Want to Read:
Volley Balls  (Balls to the Wall #1)

Volley Balls

(Balls to the Wall #1)

David Underwood needs to go to AA – Alpha-lovers Anonymous. His last attraction to an alpha male got him into an abusive relationship, and now ogling two hot members of the Australian volleyball team on Laguna Beach gets him harassed yet again.

Australian Gareth Marshall needs to come out. A lifetime of hiding his orientation from his best friend and volleyball partner, Ed
ebook, 1st edition, 101 pages
Published July 1st 2011 by Etopia Press

To ask other readers questions about Volley Balls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Volley Balls

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Well, that was a huge miss.

This book was a disaster for me. I hated the instalove, I hated the strange homophobe-morphs-into-gay-lover plot, I hated the awkward menage, I hated the dialogue... I could go on and on.

David's hip pushed up as Gareth came down, and he knew his cock must be halfway to the big guy's tonsils, but he was taking it all, and shit, it was heaven. David couldn't help hoping that it wasn't Gareth's tonsils he was tickling. He hoped it was his heart.

Oh, gag m/>David's
BWT (Belen)

Art gallery owner David hasn't been lucky in love. With a restraining order out against his abusive ex he's trying to stay away from alpha males, even though they totally do it for him. But he can't help himself when he meets, and falls in love pretty quickly, with Australian volley ball player Gareth, who's still in the closet but willing to bust down that door for David.

Unfortunately, Gareth's best friend since childhood, and volley ball partner, Edge isn't happy with this new development - but the reason why is
Heather C
This is my second ménage book I've read in a week...does that mean I need an intervention?

I don't think so because this one wasn't that good.  I don't like insta-sex...or insta-love...or insta-ménage with the homophobic BFF. Like seriously??!!  Nah, I didn't believe that for a second!  It would have been more believable if it would have only been Gareth and Edge together since they've been best friends forever.  But I still didn't believe Edge could be so accepting of David.  Eh, worth reading if y
Susan65
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a really good story about 2 hottie Australian volley ball players, Edge and Gareth, and David, the man who makes both men come to terms with their closeted sexuality. The first 2/3 s of the book is about David and Gareth becoming a couple, Gareth admitting he's gay and dealing with Edge's homophobia. The reason i took off one star was because only the last chapter finally pulls Edge into admitting he's gay too and their becoming a menage. The ending was rushed and I was really wanting to ...more
Macky
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this 8 months ago and was so impressed I practically purchased every one of Tara Lains m/m books but it was before I began writing reviews. I have just finished book 4 in this series - brilliant! - and was just checking to see if there was any more new books I'd missed, when I noticed this only had one 3* review on Amazon UK. Why the problem with the condom I'm not sure... safe sex and responsible writing, surely? Didn't bother me but respect to others views.
The whole series has bee
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook
Very sweet story! I read it in one sitting. David is super sweet. Gareth is sexy, especially after he becomes "friends" with David, though their relationship felt really rushed. Edge was a total jerk, but it seems he may have seen the light. We will see. The cover is super hot as well.

My only real complaints about this story are that it was too short, felt like everything happened too fast and too many descriptions/details were left out. Still couldn't put it down though, and am off
Lacey
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was ok

This was an ok story, but the entire thing seemed rush. I especially had problems with this at the end - (view spoiler) As a result, I didn't feel like I knew anything about their relationship as a threesome, and I always expect a little more explanation for thes
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This book is awkward. The instalove is awkward, the homophobe-turned-hot-gay-boy is awkward, the menage is beyond awkward. None of it really made a whole lot of sense, especially the menage since there wasn't much chemistry between the characters.
Kel
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Tara Lain is one of my favorite authors and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of her books. So you can imagine that I was anxiously awaiting the release of her new book Volley Balls. Her previous two books Genetic Attraction and The Scientist and the Supermodel were wonderfully written. I didn't want them to end! Volley Balls was no different. This short novel is a sweet story about three men coming together unexpectedly and revealing things about one another they never expected. Oh yeah..... did I
Nic
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I love a story with alpha males and athletes and you can't go past a combination that includes an Aussie volleyball player!

This was a nice story with a few things really going for it: Gareth is gorgeous, Gareth's mum is fabulous, David is wonderful, it has a public coming out, there's humour, there's hot sex...

There were a couple of things that I found mildly annoying (that's probably not even the right word, they were more just things that stood out). Firstly Gareth's Au
Theresa
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.4 stars Extended 2017 edition. Overall, I loved this menage the way it stood by the end of the book. It felt balanced and I really liked each MC. Unfortunately, the story was too short and had some issues. The beginning of David and Gareth's relationship was just too instant. I thought it was awkward and unbelievable. Edge's relationship with the other two men was plausible, especially since he had a history with Gareth, but the fallout with his family was left out of the story. Both Gareth and Edges' new ...more
Barb
Sep 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story about an out and proud gay man who meets a closeted buff volleyball player when said player's teammate makes homophobic remarks to him. The main character, David is a gallery owner so is completely different from the two volleyball player. Gareth and Edge are the volleyball players.

What follows is a funny story involving tension between David and Edge, who eventually finds out that partner is gay, and that being gay is not as bad as he thought it was! The only part of the s
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★☆☆
Set in Laguna Beach and Huntington Beach mentions gets an extra 1/2 star from me since it's local.

David, local art gallery owner sees Gareth, hot Australian volleyballer across the beach before Edge, Gareth's bff and volleyballer partner and homophobe chases him off.

Of course, Gareth and David meet unexpectedly and sparks fly but David's not willing to go any farther unless Gareth is honest about his sexual orientation.

Gareth comes out and Edge doesn't take it so well. Edge ha
Eli Easton
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my third book in this series. I didn't expect to like it as well as Fire Balls and Snow Balls because of the m/m/m theme. But I actually liked it quite a lot. As usual, the writing is smooth and fun and the story went down in one shot. I liked all the characters but it did feel like the menage could have been a little more fully explored at the end. I guess it's a bit hard for me to understand how three guys could decide 'yeah, it's best like this' without some more detail. But, yeah, a ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

I really enjoyed Golden Dancer so I was looking forward to this one!
It's an easy read and I finished it in one sitting, my only real complaint was the m/m going to an m/m/m was so fast and rushed. I would have liked a few more pages from the incident at the store to the three of them in bed.
Edge was a little creepy , but he grew on me. I also wanted to know if David pressed charges against Phil!
I wouldn't mind another one about these three!
namericanwordcat
I have liked several books set in this world but not this one.

It was too short for the kind of work it was trying to do: setting up a poly relationship, coming out, dealing with an abusive ex, internalized and then externalize homophobia, friends to lovers, loved forever.

Every move was just too fast.
Morgan  Skye
I read the original edition and though this says it’s twice as long as the original, I can’t say that I noticed a heck of a lot of difference.

I love this series and though this wasn’t my favorite of the bunch, it’s still a lot of fun!
(I’m not sure if she’s redoing the entire series, but I see that there’s at least a new cover for book two so…) In any case, FAST Balls is my favorite of the series, reviewed here http://openskyebookreviews.com/fast-b...) and I think that, though it’s not necessary, reading them in order
Diverse
This is book one of Tara Lain’s Balls to the Wall Series. It is a re-release but I never read the original so I’m not sure what, if any, changes were made.

In this story we have a guy, David. He owns a gallery, he’s out of an abusive relationship with Phil. David actually an amazing character. I enjoyed him a great deal. He may have been in an abusive relationship but he’s strong and has built a terrific life for himself. He’s surrounded himself with outstanding friends.

The book ope
Gyn
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
I love volleyball and was looking forward to this but honestly it didn't serve up! I found the story itself to be unbelievable in several ways! First off, our MC's meet several times in one day during busy tourist season. Their final meeting that day leading not only to making out but also to immediate feelings for one another. Secondly, the closeted MC decides to come out right away and does so with horrible timing then decides he's going to give up all sorts of things to move halfway across th ...more
Kukko
I have yet to find an MMM romance that works IMO and this is no exception.

Edge and Gareth are best friends and Aussie volley ball players. David owns his own gallery. Both volley ball players are huge in build and David at 6-feet is apparently dwarfed by them.

The size difference between the players and David was emphasized over and over, to the point where I started wondering if this is some sort of fetish. David seemed more like a little toy for the big guys. The other weirdness the way they
Summer
I really liked this one, but I wish it was longer and we got to see more of the couple as a threesome. They were all three great characters and I liked how David and Gareth came together. I was a little worried that I wouldn't like Edge, but he started to win me over near the end. I think I would have liked him more if there was more at the end.

P.S. - The cover is HOT!!!

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:

P.S. - The cover is HOT!!!

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Lelyana
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, mm, 2016, dsp
So many balls...
But as warned before, this is an MMM story. Naughty and dirty and kinky and a bit voyeurism..ehem.
Enjoyable if you set aside an insta-love among three guys.
But David can be a charmer, with his 'experience' as an openly gay living, he can easily made two super closeted gay men submitted to his will. Heh!
If you want your book a bit heavy, don't read this. But if you want some light entertaining, naughty, and some heat in this freezing holiday season, you'll
Elci
I was left with too many questions: What happened to the ex-boyfriend? How do the 3 guys deal with David's issues (are they that quickly solved?) How do 2 closeted athletes go from 0 to menage in 5 seconds? What issues come up in the relationship? How does Edge manage to stay in the U.S.? It was cute and instalove but there were too many questions.

I do love hot Australian volleyball players.
Trish
this was an easy read. the writing was fine and the MCs were easy to like.

b/c the story was not long, i didn't have a chance to really get to know the MC's all that well but would have liked to read a bit more depth to them.

the MC's didn't start their mmm relationship till the end of the book so that part felt rushed to me.

but it was a feel good/hea story. and that's exactly how i felt when i finished.

Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Apr 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-on-kindle
Whew - HOT! HOT! Not overly plot-ful of course just a cute story and some hot man on man on man action. I liked David a lot - appreciated he was who he was. Gareth and Edge were whoa momma hot volleyball players. I used to work with a guy from the Brazilian team so I know how hot they are! All long limbs, smooth skin, and tanned bodies...ah...sigh. Anyway this was good. It was a insta-love and some parts were not believable but it's fiction.
Jean
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read, couldn't put it down. Enjoyed the characters, found them sweet and refreshing. I didn't expect a character that was rather obnoxious at the beginning to be likeable at the end. Didn't expect the ending, but was very pleased by the outcome. A book I would read again without any hesitation.
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.0 Stars

So, I think I'm gonna delegate all of this author's books to just "challenge" material from now on. I mean, this was sexy enough...but as much as I LURVE me some closeted bully action, this one felt too shallow as a whole; the "redemption" and apology was practically non-existent and didn't seem very heart-felt. IDK...
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
3.5 Stars!

Can this kind of thing really happen...maybe, but I highly doubt it. Does it make for a fun story... absolutely! David & Gareth and Gareths homophobe BFF Edge, just from that I bet you can see where this story went. lol.

Word Count: 20,000+
Gigi
Short and a bit uncomfortable with one of the threesome peeking in windows watching the other two (before the relationship started) but it was still fun and worth a read. Recommended.
Smith Barney
Hit an all new f'ing record high of eye-rolls w/this crap story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Exploring Limits (Exploring Limits, #1)
  • Of Dark and Bright (Dark Horse, #3)
  • What We Deserve
  • Goldilocks and His Three Bears (Goldilocks #1)
  • Polar Reaction
  • Sandpipers' Secrets (Sandpipers, #1)
  • Duck Fart (Wolf Creek #2)
  • Human Nature
  • Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2)
  • Telling the Truth (Truth or Dare #2)
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • The Hot Floor
  • Sin Row (Sin #1)
  • Between Heaven & Hell (Heavenly Sins #1)
  • All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1)
  • Steamy (The Marriage Groups #1.5)
  • Matchmaker, Matchmaker
  • Lovegames (Queen City #2)
Tara Lain never met a beautiful boy she didn’t love – at least on paper. A writer of erotic romance, mostly ménage and male/male, Tara loves all her characters, but especially her handsome heroes. A lifelong writer of serious non-fiction, Tara had the first novel she ever wrote accepted for publication in 2011. She’s now on book 45 and counting. After an exotic life of travel all over the world an ...more

Balls to the Wall (5 books)
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
  • Beach Balls  (Balls to the Wall,  #3)
  • Snow Balls (Balls to the Wall, #4)
  • F.A.S.T. Balls (Balls To The Wall, #5)