Start by marking “Black and White Rabbit's ABC” as Want to Read:
Black and White Rabbit's ABC

Black and White Rabbit's ABC (Little Rabbit Books)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Black and White Rabbit's ABC (Little Rabbit Books)

Gray Rabbit and Black-and-White Rabbit have their own adventures as they discover numbers and the alphabet. Toddlers will have fun and learn with these concept books, warmly illustrated with meticulous detail by Alan Baker.
Published September 15th 1999 by Kingfisher (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Black and White Rabbit's ABC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black and White Rabbit's ABC

Krista
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this to my little girl. I was so happy this was not your typical ABC book. Instead it's a story about a rabbit painting an apple. Then each step along the way another alphabet letter is incorporated. A very creative book! And since my focus this year is art in our homeschool, this book was perfect!
Jillian Ciferri
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alphabet
1). Awards the book has received: none
2). Appropriate grade levels: preschool-2nd grade
3). Original 3-line summary: This alphabet book is about a black and white rabbit who learns the letters of the alphabet. The rabbit goes through each letter by doing things that start each letter. He starts off by painting an apple for his mother.
4). Original 3-line review: This book is very cute. It teaches children about many things including, the alphabet, colors, and shapes. The author used simple word
Daniella Delgado
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alphabet
1. N/A
2. Pre-K -K
3. This book is an abc story about a rabbit. The book has very cute pictures that are well illustrated.
4. I like this book because it was easy to read. It was very enjoyable and the pictures were adorable. I would recommend this book to any child learning their abcs.
5. Abc's, independent reading, art
Jenna Snyder
Title: Black and White Rabbit’s ABC
Author: Alan Baker
Illustrator: Alan Baker
Genre: Alphabet book
Theme(s): Alphabet, colors, shapes
Opening line/sentence: A is for apple.
Brief Book Summary: Children will learn the alphabet while also engaging in a story about a rabbit painting an apple for it’s mom. As the alphabet continues so does the failures and successes’ of the rabbit’s painting.
Professional Recommendation/Review #1: Ilene Cooper (Booklist, July 1994 (Vol. 90, No. 21))
This is a multi-book
Jaksen
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We love all the 'rabbit books' at my house. My grandsons pull these off the shelves for me to read whenever they visit. I know some of them by heart.

In the ABC book, rabbit goes through the alphabet by using or doing something that starts with each letter. He gets an apple; he puts it on a box; he gets a crayon; he starts to draw ...

Etc. But this is strangely more entertaining than it might sound. The apple rolls off the box, so we need to get some glue and glue the apple to the box. But of cou
Kathryn Kovarik
Feb 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carol Royce Owen
Mar 09, 2012 rated it liked it
A cute alphabet book starring a darling black and white rabbit who spends a day painting a picture for his mom, but in doing so creates some messes.
Chechoui
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Adorable illustrations
J.F. Sanborn
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ABC Story Time
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
See this thread for more information.
More about Alan Baker...

Little Rabbit Books (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • White Rabbit's Colors
  • Gray Rabbit's 123
  • Brown Rabbit's Day (Little Rabbit Books)
  • Gray Rabbit's Odd One Out