Start by marking “White Rabbit's Colors” as Want to Read:
White Rabbit's Colors

White Rabbit's Colors (Little Rabbit Books)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  625 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
White Rabbit's Color Book (Little Rabbit Books)

One inquisitive hop, and splash! goes White Rabbit into a bucket of yellow paint. Soon the little rabbit is jumping from bucket to bucket and learning all about colors and how they mix. Quivering with excitement, Brown Rabbit nudges open a square gift box and finds five balloons which take on all sorts of shapes. Gray Rabbit a
Published September 15th 1999 by Kingfisher

To ask other readers questions about White Rabbit's Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Rabbit's Colors

Annette Taylor-james
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: colorful
This book is great for teaching about mixing colors put this book in your science center after reading to the children allow them to mix their colors following rabbit along his journey from white to guess what color? You will have to read it to find that out! The colors are vivid.
Clementine Lagarde
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! This is a book for young children, it teaches them about colours that mix and become other colours.

One day white rabbit finds 3 pots of paint, red yellow and blue. She takes a fancy to sunshine yellow and jumps in the pot of paint! She then thinks the red paint looks interesting and jumps in that.... thus causing her to become orange! She quickly takes a shower to wash herself off. Then jumps back into the red paint followed by the blue paint turning herself purple. Princess pu
Slytano
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always tell kids that I can't see colors very well. Why do I tell them this lie? Because Mr. Rogers was colorblind, and if he could not see colors well, then I shouldn't, either.

Plus, I'm just looking for a way to introduce the idea to kids that we are all different.

Plus, I'm not really sure if I do see colors correctly, if you want to know the truth.

Anyway, a white rabbit keeps hopping into different colored buckets of paint and follows up on its absurd task by taking a shower. By the end of
Katrina
Jun 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 4-8 Year Olds Learning about Colors
Shelves: picture-books
This book teaches the secondary colors by illustrating a curiuos rabbit jumping into paint bowls of primary colors. This is one of of the only books like that I have found that teaches the three colors that make brown. Mouse Paint by Ellen Stolle Walsh has a better storyline in my book but the rabbit is cute too.
Krista
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Cute little book to teach little ones about color mixing. I really loved the ending of this book. My little girl is learning her colors and this book was perfect. Plus it's a cute enough read this she doesn't know it's teaching her anything. Hidden education! Love
Rebecca
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the best color mixing books out there (because of course you rinse in between -- something Pete the Cat misses). Gorgeous, simple illustrations; fun to adapt to flannel, too.
Gela
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like it because it's has colors of the rainbow, except brown but I like brown too.
Adriana age 5.
Melissa Butler
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A white rabbit decides to experiment with colors when he finds different tubs of colorful paint. He learns that by mixing colors together he can make a new color which the results end up making him very happy. I think this book would be very useful in a pre-K through first grade setting because it could help the children understand how to make different colors.
Kay
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO CUTE. loved the illustrations.
simple book about primary and secondary colors.
the drawings were nostalgic for me for some reason..
Meg
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Would pair with 'Dog's Colorful Day' for a color-focused toddler storytime.
  • Blue Goose
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • Cat's Colors
  • The Deep Blue Sea: A Book of Colors
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • 10 Hungry Rabbits: Counting & Color Concepts
  • Lemons Are Not Red (Ala Notable Book(Awards)) (Neal Porter Books)
  • Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors
  • Max's ABC
  • Windblown
  • My Crayons Talk: A Bill Martin Book
  • Mix It Up!
  • Today Is Monday
  • What Does Bunny See?: A Book of Colors and Flowers
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • Color Dance
  • When Pigasso Met Mootisse
  • Picture a Tree

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
See this thread for more information.
More about Alan Baker...

Little Rabbit Books (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Black and White Rabbit's ABC
  • Gray Rabbit's 123
  • Brown Rabbit's Day (Little Rabbit Books)
  • Gray Rabbit's Odd One Out