Start by marking “Annie's People Boxed Set” as Want to Read:
Annie's People Boxed Set

Annie's People Boxed Set (Annie's People #1-3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  409 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
With her signature character depth and unexpected plot twists, Lewis once again opens the door to the world of the Amish in this captivating series. The artistic daughter of the preacher, Annie Zook finds herself at a crossroads struggling to find her place in the Plain community. Her life becomes strangely intertwined with two outsiders--one a longtime pen pal, the other ...more
Boxed Set, 1056 pages
Published November 1st 2006 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Annie's People Boxed Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Annie's People Boxed Set

Lauren
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
This series really spoke to me. I sympathized with Annie as an artist, being artistic and musical myself. To be an artist or to be Amish? This dilemma takes the whole series and some surprising turns to discover the answer.

I also enjoyed seeing those characters moving in and out of the Amish life. Louisa, Annie's penpal, is thoroughly Englisch and from a privileged family, but she cancels her wedding and leaves in a whirlwind, finding refuge and peace with Annie's People. Her acclimation and per
Heather
Apr 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
I loved the first book in this series. The whole concept of an amish girl and a modern girl meeting up in the amish world was fun and interesting. The second book was kind of a let down for me. Not sure why. It just wasn't as good as the first. The third tied things up nicely, but I still don't think it was as good as the first either. I also have a hard time with the decision that Ben made. I really don't think he'll be happy with his choice in the long run. It got a little too preachy towards ...more
Julia
Mar 11, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: women, Christians
Shelves: christian-lit
I get sucked into all of Lewis' Amish books, even though they are not great pieces of literary work, I am interested in the Amish way of life and I like to see the romances and family relationships unfold. What I liked about the Annie's People book was her friendship with a non-Amish woman. It was interesting to read about a person in our day and age immersing themselves in the Amish world. I was also very interested in the way the domestic violence issue was handled in the Amish community since ...more
Dina Sleiman
Aug 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
I wanted to hate this series because all the publishers want Amish and prairie novels right now, but it's awesome. I was hooked right away. I was pleasantly surprised by the way the author juxtaposed the beauty and simplicity of the "Plain" life with the problems and undercurrents hidden beneath the surface. Way grittier than I would have imagined.

My only complaint is that book 1 ended leaving almost all threads still open. I would have liked a little more resolution, but of course that forced m
Shannon
Jul 20, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-fiction
I read the first book in this series because I have a bias against authors who market themselves as Christian, and I was trying to overcome it. I was also interested in the fact that the protagonist is an Amish artist. While the overall story seemed muddled and the book lacked an ending, this is one of the only novels I have read that features an artist who is not a stereotype, but thinks and behaves in a sympathetic and realistic way.
Verlee
Apr 10, 2008 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this series. I like learning about the Amish culture. This story is set in modern times. I really can't imagine living without all the conveniences we have...by choice. But, understand the commitments towards religion. and I do feel the need for a simpler life sometimes. I guess that is why I live in the country at the end of the earth.
Barbara
Jan 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Beverly Lewis's Books. I have read almost all of them. She writes so well about the Amish. I learned the same from all her books and that is how the Amish live. She writes just like you are there. It has been a while since I read these books. I usually buy them right when they come out and I read them right away.
Crystal
Jan 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I'm intrigued by the internal conflicts that Lewis presents in her characters. Having grown up near the Amish community, her books have caused me to sympathize and understand their culture. I'm so wrapped up in these characters that I'd be happy to avoid all responsibilities to read to the end of this 3 book series.
Rachael
Mar 23, 2008 rated it liked it
I love this series! Beverly Lewis is an amazing author. She can really tell a story in a believable way, and things that happen are not random; they are things that you can see happening in real life!
Michelle Peterson
Mar 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these books except for whenever the girls went shopping they all wore a size 2. OH come on! How many people wear a size 2 who are over 20 years old. The author could have put they wore a size 6 or 8 or 10. Tried to have me feel a little better.
Lily
Feb 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
These ended so well! We have visited Amish farms near in TN and it is very interesting to learn more about them!

Re-reading!
Jenny Wilkie
Mar 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Again, I like this author and enjoyed reading this series. I was disappointed when it ended after only three books.
Shirley
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Enjoyable, captivating stories, as well as an interesting look into the Amish way of living.
Kayla
Feb 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
LOVED this series!!!! Really like Anne, the main character and the way the story was resolved. Very good!
Anita
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read a hundred pages or so....just couldn't finish it. The writing is very juvenile.
Lewestover
Mar 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I really learned to sympathize with the young people growing up in today's Amish community by reading this series. These three books are perhaps my favorites of all I've read by Beverly Lewis.
Becca
Feb 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Good story, but not my favorite writing style.
Candice
Sep 05, 2008 rated it liked it
These books go really quickly when reading, story of an Amish girl who is not sure where she belongs. Really addicting to read once you start.
Amanda
Jul 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
very, very good. I couldn't put it down there was so much suspense and I could relate to the moral dilemmas of Annie.
Sunnie
Sep 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Annie's people was my favorite out of all the Beverly Lewis books I read. The Amish culture is very intersting to read about.
Mandy
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorite Beverly Lewis series! I love a happy ending!
Joy
Mar 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
i enjoy the Amish life style
Lanore
Feb 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
loved them
Kayla
Dec 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
A great series! I've been hooked on Christian fiction reading for quite some time. This series makes my top ten list so far!
Sylvia Anderson
Mar 27, 2008 rated it liked it
It was great to read & learn about the Amish people.
Kelly
Mar 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: sure, sure
Recommended to Kelly by: Lisa
Shelves: past-reads
I really liked this book. It was a simple and relaxing story about an Amish Girl. I didn't give it 5 stars only because I didn't LOVE it, just liked it a lot.
Heather
May 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is my most favorite Serious of all time!
Jillybean
May 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Liked this series . . . definitely a "light" read. I always like learning more about the Amish and their lifestyle. It was sappy at times, but it had a bit of mystery to it.
Elizabeth
Jun 10, 2008 rated it it was ok
OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE these books! They have been my favorite series that Lewis has written! I love all her books but these are the best so far!
Kaylyn Jimerson
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Maybe a little predictable, but delightful none the less... I definitely took away more sweet treasures from this lovely series than I thought I would!
  • Daughters of Lancaster County (Daughters of Lancaster County, #1-3)
  • The Scent of Cherry Blossoms (Apple Ridge #4)
  • The Search (Lancaster County Secrets, #3)
  • Rosanna of the Amish
  • Healing Hearts: Healing Hearts / A Change of Heart / A Choice to Forgive
  • Women of the West II: They Called Her Mrs Doc / The Measure of a Heart / A Bride for Donnigan / Heart of the Wilderness
  • Ella's Wish (Little Valley, #2)

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best
More about Beverly Lewis

Annie's People (3 books)
  • The Preacher's Daughter (Annie's People, #1)
  • The Englisher (Annie's People, #2)
  • The Brethren (Annie's People, #3)

Fiction Deals

• Ilsa: A Novel
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Into the Free
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Persian Boy (Alexander the Great, #2)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Get It Together, Delilah!
  • Mademoiselle Chanel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette (P.S.)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Whisper Beach
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Isabella: Braveheart of France
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Queen of Swords (Wilderness, #5)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Orphan Master's Son
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Sisters One, Two, Three
    $4.99 $1.99
  • This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance!
    $15.95 $1.99