Start by marking “Return To Earth” as Want to Read:
Return To Earth

Return To Earth

700 headwords.

As they walk through the park in the distant future, Harl and Ellen talk about their work and their lives. But they will never have a life together because their work as scientists is more important to them than their love. Harl plans to leave Earth, on a long and dangerous journey through space. Ellen plans to stay on Earth, to change the way the human mind
Paperback, Simplified edition, 39 pages
Published 2008 by Oxford University Press (first published 1954)

Start your review of Return To Earth
Kosuke Katayama
1. Oxford, Stage 2

2. June 1480 minutes

3. leave, dangerous, project, future, zoo, silent, spaceship

4a. There were two persons, Ellen and Harl. One day, they walked around the park. Then, they stopped and talked about their lives. They worked as scientists because this kind of work will be famous in the future. Harl planned to leave the earth and live other planets. After that, he established the project X for living other planets. But, Ellen thought it is very dangerous, so she planned to stay
Miyuki Koga
- John Christopher, Oxford university, level2
- Time: 10/22 = 30 minutes, 10/23 = 30 minutes, 10/15 = 15minutes
- 7 words summary: journey - Astronant - experiments - leave - specs - nothing - change
- Discussion questions:
1.Do you want to take Astronant?
Yes, I do. That's because it has become safer than before and I want see Earth.
2. In this story, some person had to stay at Astronant which is a small space. Can you withstand this condition?
I don' t think so. I think I am getting to feel the
Daichi Yokoyama
30minutes-Nov.3 45minutes-Nov.7 75minutes in total.

Seven words -Earth science space project telepath dangerous journey-

Q What do you think about space journey?
A I would like to go travel to universe!
Q Now, some country spend too much money to go to the universe.
Are you agree or disagree?
A I suppose it is good because it is useful to study science in the space.

I read this book perfectly this week. Although I took time so much, I enjoyed it.

I took 65minutes in total.
Seven word -dead, return,
Naoki Atsumi
5/27=100min.

journey, 8, 100, telepath, dead, children, animals.

"our journey through space will take eight years, but for the people on this world(earth), it will be a hundred years."
I thought that i want to experience like time difference. and in the future i want to go other planet.

In this book, scientist made children have a telepath but all of the living things was made have telepath by scientist.
i though this is a kind of interesting. and pictures are in the book, i could image the
Hiroki
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
level2,John Christopher
11/1…20min,11/2…20min,11/3…20min 11/4…20min
Harl,Ellen,scientist,Earth,telepath,project X,Drewitt
"to make a world of telepaths"
This sentence is explanation of project X. At first, I could not understand when I saw this sentence. This story was so large scale, so I thought that this sentence is the most adequate to this book.
The reason why the project X did was to dissolve the struggle all of the world, but I thought that the new struggle must happen because people can
Namiko
level 2: It is really good. I like it. First this story reminded me of the movie "Planet of the Apes." Harl is going to the trip to a new planet. His girl friend doesn't want to go with him because it takes 8 years. She has a new project. The project is called "X", which a generator make people telepath. Harl will never see her because when he comes back, Earth will be 100 years. When he got back Earth, he and his crew members find no one there.What happened to them?
Arisa Shimokawa

1.Oxford level2

2.5/5=40minutes, 5/6=45minutes

3. earth, space ship, future, telepaths, children, dead, start

4.(a)Harl had only the memory of a kiss to carry with him on his journey.
(b)I felt painful because I thought to part from his girlfriend was hard for him.

5. I think this book is a little difficult to understand. However, I could learn telepathy is needless in the world because to know each other so much is dangerous.
Saki
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oxford level2
Time 7/7= 90 minutes
Seven word summary=telepatic-future-science-earth-space-journey-Astronant
Do you want to space journey??= If it is really safe, I want to space journey.

This book's first half was a little difficult to understand.However the second half is interesting, so I want to recommend this book.
たつあき
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OXFORD Level 2

2 9/30/2013 90 minutes

3 return earth park future mind journey dead

4 What do you want to be in the future?
I want to be a teacher.

5 This book is complicated. It is hard for me to understand, but
this makes me very sensitive. It took really long time to finish reading, I wanna read books faster.
Yorika Oka
Oxford Readers Level2
Time7/3=86minutes
Seven word summary=nobody-science-telepathic-children-future-space-season
Do you want to be a telepath?
No I don't. I don't want to know everything people thinking.
It was difficult to read. I was little bit shocked at the end of the story. But the story was really interesting.
Tammy
Jun 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-deck
A heartbreaking glimpse of the future. This is a short story with a lot of potential for development. I love the originality of the premise and the insight into what kind of people we really are without the filter of consciousness. I wish the idea could be explored further.
Ameer
Nibiru
Nov 02, 2014
Selin
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Sınavda çıkanlardandı çok da sıkcıydı kitap söyleyecek birşeyde yok pek ...
« previous 1 3 next »

• Journey to the Center of the Earth (Extraordinary Voyages, #3)
  • فئران أمي حصة
  • ساق البامبو
  • The Piano
  • عائد إلى حيفا
  • IKIGAİ & Japonların Uzun ve Mutlu Yaşam Sırrı
  • Ada
  • İnsan Ne İle Yaşar?
  • Füreya
Sam Youd was born in Huyton, Lancashire in April 1922, during an unseasonable snowstorm.

As a boy, he was devoted to the newly emergent genre of science-fiction: ‘In the early thirties,’ he later wrote, ‘we knew just enough about the solar system for its possibilities to be a magnet to the imagination.’

Over the following decades, his imagination flowed from science-fiction into general novels,