Start by marking “When You're Falling, Dive: Acceptance, Freedom and Possibility” as Want to Read:
When You're Falling, Dive:  Acceptance, Freedom and Possibility

When You're Falling, Dive: Acceptance, Freedom and Possibility

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  143 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
This book combines the psychological concept of acceptance with ancient Buddhist teachings about the chain of interdependent origination, which provides immediately usable tools for looking at how suffering happens and how to let that go. Stressing the theme of accepting what life brings, it reveals what acceptance is and what stands in the way of being able to accept life ...more
Published March 1st 2003 by Keep It Simple Books

To ask other readers questions about When You're Falling, Dive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When You're Falling, Dive

Katie
Jan 18, 2010 is currently reading it
Recommends it for: Anyone who sees their life as a spiritual pathway.
Like Cheri Huber's other books, this is written simply with child-like illustrations. This book is about practicing self-acceptance and the way it is written is helping me to understand self-acceptance with my heart, instead of just thinking what a great idea it is with my head.
Sara
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Accettate. Respirate. Non polemizzate, non lottate, non resistete. Semplicemente respirate. Semplicemente notate. Rinunciate all'idea di arrivare da qualche parte.
Basta sedere e respirare e notare. Non importa cosa può accadere; se portate tutta la vostra attenzione e consapevolezza al respiro non solo vi sentirete bene, ma vedrete tutto quello che avete bisogno di vedere.

Apprendiamo che possiamo semplicemente rimanere fermi, lasciare che le sensazioni siano sensazioni, piuttosto che il prelud
Tony Kulla
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book helped me greatly during a difficult period of my life. It was given to me by my dear friend Cassy, who tragically passed away this year. We re-read the book this past winter and chatted about it and we were both surprised that we took different things from it than we had during our first read.

It's a quick read and I suggest it to anyone who wants to see themselves in a new light... it can be liberating. Here's a few thought I had on excerpts:

----

“It’s not that we gain the power to cha
Alexa Clay
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Her little books are great, humorous, practical guides to navigating our lives from a mindful place. Good instruction for creating a meditation practice. Once you have read one or two, you have generally read them all.
Moni Smith
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Wow. Finding this on the shelf at the library was serendipity and perfect timing. Highly recommend if you are distressed by current events. It is based on Buddhist teachings but quite accessible to non Buddhists.
Bill
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great starter book for getting the benefits of "Zen" into your life. Much more to do from here, but this should set you on the way.
Alicia
Jan 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
All of Cheri Huber's books are great.
Afia Timah
  • The Noble Eightfold Path: Way to the End of Suffering
  • Satipaṭṭhāna: The Direct Path to Realization
  • Hooked!: Buddhist Writings on Greed, Desire, and the Urge to Consume
  • The Zen Path Through Depression
  • Waking Up to What You Do: A Zen Practice for Meeting Every Situation with Intelligence and Compassion
  • The Experience of Insight: A Simple & Direct Guide to Buddhist Meditation (Shambhala Dragon Editions)
  • Work as a Spiritual Practice: A Practical Buddhist Approach to Inner Growth and Satisfaction on the Job
  • Food for the Heart: The Collected Teachings of Ajahn Chah
  • The Feeling Buddha: A Buddhist Psychology of Character, Adversity and Passion
  • Toward a Psychology of Awakening: Buddhism, Psychotherapy, and the Path of Personal and Spiritual Transformation
  • Faith: Trusting Your Own Deepest Experience
  • Being Zen: Bringing Meditation to Life
  • Dancing With Life: Buddhist Insights for Finding Meaning and Joy in the Face of Suffering
  • The Faith to Doubt: Glimpses of Buddhist Uncertainty
  • Feeding Your Demons: Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict
  • Helplessness: On Depression, Development, and Death
  • Dare to Forgive: The Power of Letting Go & Moving on
Cheri Huber, author of 20 books, has been a student and teacher of Zen for over 35 years. In 1983, Cheri founded the Mountain View Zen Center, and in 1987 she founded the Zen Monastery Peace Center near Murphys, California. She and the monks at the Monastery conduct workshops and retreats at these centers, other places around the U.S., and internationally.

In 1997, Cheri founded Living Compassion,
More about Cheri Huber...