Start by marking “Wicked Lies (Men of Summer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Lies (Men of Summer, #2)

Wicked Lies

(Men of Summer #2)

Jazz has never been known as a good boy.

A good drinker. A good partier. A damned good builder, and a hell of a good liar. Those are all descriptions that come to mind when the citizens of Loudon, Tennessee, think of the tall, muscular, laughter-filled charmer they know as Jazz. And Jazz will admit to all of them: he likes to play; he likes to tease. And a little white lie
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published September 1st 2015 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

Start your review of Wicked Lies (Men of Summer, #2)
Evgeny
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
First, a disclaimer. Take the rating with a grain of salt. Give me any number greater than 1 and smaller than 5 and I will write an honest review justifying the corresponding rating. Yes, it can be rated with 2, 3, or 4 stars. In the end I decided to go with how much I enjoyed reading and considering I practically blazed through the book wanting to know what would happen next I decided on the rating.

Jazz was a totally hot guy, a dream of all local women and he was not shy about using his looks t
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 Stars

God help him, he'd never wanted anyone...anything...like he wanted this woman.

Here's the thing, you're pretty much know exactly what you're going to get with a Lora Leigh novel. No deviation. Lather, rinse and repeat, all her books follow practically the same formula. But there's just something about her alphas; those crazy possessive and jealous, dirty talking and revenues heroes that just do it for me and keeps me coming back for more. Even if the story falls flat, I still e
Sabrina
Wicked Lies is LIVE
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*Barnes & Noble*

Wicked Lies is an amazing story about second chances, new loves, and fighting to survive. I loved these characters and thought that were perfect for one another. Jazz was a sexy piece of ass and Annie was a badass heroine, and together they were explosive.

Jazz never got over his first love and for ten years he's been sleeping his way around town, not making any commitments more than one night. But when the mysterious new Kindergarten teache
Juliana Philippa
The book isn't out yet! A publication date hasn't even been released. Why are there ratings on this book?! This always drives me nuts.
Elle
3.5* not so WICKED STARS!

It has been a while I haven't read any Lora Leigh. Wicked Lies was her newest book from Men of Summer. Sadly, I haven't read the first one, but Wicked Lies can be read as a standalone, so I don't need read the previous. I read everything she writes except her Breed series (PNR).

I liked the characters. Jazz Lancing was an interesting hero. He lost the love of his life a long time ago. The came Annie Mayes, a new temptation for him. He couldn't resist the attraction toward
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Another great book by Ms. Leigh. The first book in this series was written back in 2006. I'm glad I hadn't read it and then was sitting around waiting on this one, but it would have been worth the wait.

Jazz was a great Alpha hero and extremely sexy. Yes, he was overbearing and really bossy at times, but he wasn't about to let Annie/Kenni disappear again after being gone for 10 years. He was so sweet, building her dream house. Kenni could hold her own and wasn't afraid to
Beth
Whenever you pick up a Lora Leigh novel, you know that you are in for a steamin’ hot romance with alpha males that will make you swoon. Wicked Lies absolutely hit that mark!

What’s better than a sworn bachelor, Jazz, taking the fall, a sweet kindergarten teacher, Annie becoming the target of his passion!

Annie, AKA Kenni Maddox, is hiding from her family and the person(s) responsible for murdering her mother. When her mother was murdered, her uncle whisks her away not knowing who they can trust.
Arshia
May 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Someone please answer two questions for me.

1. Why are the heroes such assholes to their women?
2. Why does it feel like the same hero can be substituted for another one in a Lora Leigh novel?

Does anyone else feel like it is the same characters with the same stories over and over again? Bad ass, alpha, brooding hero who is a total over sexed jerk. All he can think about is pounding his penis in a pussy. Damsel in distress who literally creams herself looking at the jerk hero. Ugh come on!! I used
April Brookshire
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
My brothers sometimes make fun of me because of my many hair color changes (this year I’ve had black, red and blonde hair). In this book, all the heroine did was change her hair color from dark blonde to light brown and wear color contacts so her eyes were hazel instead of green and no one recognized her! So, if I want to fool my brothers, all I have to do is change my brown eyes to another color! At least according to this book that’s all a person has to do.

***SPOILER ALERT!!!

For two years the
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shadow's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I fell in love with Jazz in Lora Leigh's Loving Lies, which came out in 2006 and have been waiting for his story ever since. In the author's new book, Wicked Lies, we finally have Jazz's story.

He's a little harder in the newer book, but he's still an overprotective, caring lover, and solid friend.
At the end of Loving Lies, he's attracted to new schoolteacher Annie, who appears to be terrified of him.
Enter Wicked Lies and we learn th
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Just slit my wrists and stab me through the heart right now, it would be less painful. This is the long awaited second book in the Men of Summer series. Almost a decade later, Ms. Leigh finally brings this story to fruition. It's a doozy. Jazz Lancing is a man of his word. He's also a man who refuses to have any meaningful relationships because the one he wants is dead. Just as he was going to make a move and court her, she dies. He never got over it and years later, he still pines away for a gh ...more
Darcy
Being that this one came so far after the last in the series it was hard to remember what was going on.

I liked Annie, but really wanted to know what she was hiding, why she was so obsessed with certain people in town. When we learned Annie's secrets I was a bit stunned, to live through that and still come back to the place where things started seemed odd to me. So many of Annie's obsessions made sense to me.

Even knowing what I did, I didn't like how Jazz treated Annie. With how she watched Jaz
Samantha
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
A solid 4 stars is what I give Wicked Lies. I always like my armed forces men and so this was something I wanted to read. I was mildly surprised at how well Lora Leigh was able to mix in the suspense factor while still having a burning passion between Jazz and Kenni.

Jazz was such a good character. He was cocky, sexy, smooth talking, loyal, clever, and dominant. I swear, Jazz is the kind of man I'm going to end up. He knows what he's about, cares for his own, and is willing to fight for what he
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
It wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything new. Déjà vu throughout the story. The storyline, and especially the sex scenes haven’t been updated in twenty years. All that throbbing, clenching, burning, and creaming juices would have sent a normal person to the doctor to get the problem checked out…
Sandy S
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it
3.25 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date September 1, 2015

NOTE: For Goodreads followers I would suggest ignoring the original storyline blurb found on the GR website as it does not apply to the current story. This is not the first time one of Lora Leigh’s storylines does not match the GR outline-I hazard a guess that someone keeps jumping the gun before the premise has been revealed.

•••••••••••••

HE'S TEMPTING FATE

Jazz Lancing is the stuff of legends. A mountain-bred ex-Navy SEAL with rugged dark
Victoria
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc

3.25 RATING- No one can deny that Lora Leigh can write a steamy, erotic romance. Even though I haven't read anything from this author in a long time, I pretty much knew I was going to get a HOT read, and Wicked Lies didn't disappoint.

I had a little bit of a hard time getting into the book, at least in the first 20% or so. The chemistry between the two characters just didn't mesh that well in the beginning. Things smoothed out though and as the story line develops, the chemistry worked much bett
Jill
Jul 29, 2015 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars.

I received this book from Netgally for my honest review.

Ten years ago, 18 year old Kenni Maddox watched her mother be killed by people she considered family and had to vanish in the night with has her Uncle. Leaving behind all her remaining family that she held dear but could no longer trust and the man that she loved. She returns to her home town undercover to finally get to the bottom of who is after her.
Jazz Lancing life has never been the same since the girl of his dreams died 10
Astraycat
Great second-chance story! The blurb didn't tell the story right but too many spoilers would be given if it did. Hot story with alpha-male H and determined h, who was also by far I found the most brave h in the author's books I've read that can protect herself.

I've read the author's many books and surprisingly this one was not as dark as her other books. And H was not a jerk compared to her other works. Esp he didn't push h away.

The only thing didn't sit well with me was that the identity of the
Megan Fall
I fell in love with Jazz in the first book, and fell in love with him again in this book. What a great read. I hope this will be another series with many more books to come!
catzkc
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Good suspense. A little more relationship angst than I would prefer ideally. And at times some of the relationship discussion dialogue was kind of ... difficult to follow. But that's not unusual for me. Does anyone actually speak like that in real life? I'd like to meet them if so - and try and see if I can figure out what's going on in a brain like that!
Kristin
May 24, 2015 rated it liked it

I've always wanted to read a novel by Lora Leigh.  Ever since I started working at the library, I would be shelving the paperbacks and the sheer amount of Lora Leigh books would astound me (and pretty much get in my way).  Why had I never heard of her before?  She wrote paranormal romance for goodness sake!  The sheer volume of books in her multiple series had me a bit intimidated, though.

Then I saw Wicked Lies coming out; a book two in a series!  Not so far ahead that I can't catch up.  I'll t
Kathy Davie
Oct 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Second in the Men of Summer romantic suspense series and revolving around a group of male friends. The couple focus is on Kenni Maddox/Annie Mayes and Jazz Lancing.

Do not expect a list of characters… I couldn't bear to get that close.

My Take
I was not expecting Wicked Lies to be a repeat of Leigh's The Callahans series, which I essentially hated for the lousy writing.

In this one, Kenni is tired of her wicked, horrible past, ten years of running, hiding, escaping all those assassination attempts b
Sheila Melo
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"They knew she was here now. They knew, and they wouldn't stop until they killed her, just as they had killed her mother and her uncle. And she still hadn't figured out who it was or why they wanted her dead."

FINAL DECISION: I enjoyed this book and it is good for readers who want a very hot read. I especially liked the relationship between Jazz and Kenni. Kenni is strong and able to take care of herself. Despite her troubles, she is a survivor and no shrinking violet. The book was emotional beca
Eva Millien
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In a deadly game of danger, deceit and darkness, the secret that Annie Mayes is hiding could destroy everyone she cares for in this powerful contemporary romantic suspense.

Jazz Lancing knows that Annie is hiding her identity, her past and her motives but that doesn’t stop him from wanting her and the reader can’t help but be drawn into this dangerously tempting romance that has Jazz and Annie risking everything for desire. The attraction between Annie and Jazz sets fire to every page and the se
Cheryl
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
I have read some books by this author. One thing about this author is that you can guarantee that the men and women will be hot and the sex hotter. Which by the way Jazz may have a girly name but he is anything but girly. He is 100% male. A definite alpha male...rough around the edges but someone who you can relay on to have your back and go to the ends of the Earth to protect you. Annie is a bit of a spit fire. I just wished that she would have held out a little longer before giving into Jazz. ...more
Angela
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angela by: Netgalley
I was torn on how to rate this book. It was the second in a series, but I read it as a stand-alone cause I thought it belonged to a different series. Anyway, it wasn't bad it just didn't make sense. If changing eye and hair color is a way to disguise yourself from a supposed hard-core mountain militia for two years then I'm guessing they need to step-step-up their game. I just don't get it that not one person in her hometown figured out who she was. That's just ridiculous. It probably would've g ...more
Mara
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
There's only one reaction to this book: yawn... :)

There's a story buried somewhere along all that sex, pity it's literally drowned by boring sex scenes. Nothing against them per se, or I wouldn't be reading romance at all, but I need balance or better still a 70-30 story to sex ratio, not viceversa. Ok maybe in a romance 60-40 ;) still, give me a story!!

My frustration was worsened by the fact there was no background building for me, I have no idea of the backstory common to all (except for the c
Jst_vishous
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: au-leigh-lora
Enjoyed this story however I only gave three stars due to the use of the same sex scene in two different locations of thee book. I get that some scenes can be similar but this was exact and really messed with my head. I was reading with my kindle and thought I hit something causing me to go back to an earlier chapter. Also there were a lot of errors. Nobody is perfect but these issues really stood out causing a lower rating than the story itself deserved.
Christine
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Plot holes! So many plot holes! And yet, I couldn't help but fall under the eye-rolling spell of obsessive redneck alphas and their adoring women. Nothing in Lora Leigh's books ever make sense but it seems like she's finally back to vintage form.
Sondra
May 22, 2012 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Giving In (Surrender Trilogy, #2)
  • Every Step She Takes
  • Desolation Road (Torpedo Ink, #4)
  • Taking It All (Surrender Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1)
  • Holding Strong (Ultimate, #2)
  • A Stitch in Time (A Stitch in Time, #1)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • A Touch of Crimson (Renegade Angels, #1)
  • Wild Fire (Leopard People, #3)
  • Letting Go (Surrender Trilogy, #1)
  • The Dominant (Submissive, #2)
  • Sucker Punch (First Fangs Club #3)
  • With Every Breath (Slow Burn, #4)
  • Witching For Hope (Premonition Pointe, #2)
  • Den of Thieves (Desert Cursed Series, # 7)
  • Lethal Game (GhostWalkers, #16)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Men of Summer (3 books)
  • Loving Lies (Men of Summer, #1)
  • Dirty Little Lies: A Men of Summer Novel