Start by marking “The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating” as Want to Read:
The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating

The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating

Cake decorating has never been more fun—or easier! The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating has all the instruction you need to create beautiful cakes for any occasion.

This clearly organized resource for all levels is like having a cake decorating workshop in a book. Discover useful tips for embellishing with buttercream, royal icing, fondant, gum paste, and more. The
Published February 1st 2012 by Quarry Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating

Start your review of The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating
Maria
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it
When they said comprehensive in this book's description, they meant comprehensive! There's so much information here! As a beginner, I felt a little overwhelmed especially in the beginning when all the tools required are listed- it's a big list. As it is, I can see this being a go-to book for everything cake decorating, the instructions are great as well- step by step with accompanying pictures. Really great book!
Victoria Shepherd
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book's superb step by step photos and clear instructions will ensure beautifuuly decorated cakes. I loved the examples of how to use the many types of decorating supplies, and the examples of the finished cake designs.
Julia
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

An amazing book with clear instructions as well as detailed pictures to help with clarity while learning. The cake charts are invaluable to assist with amounts needed and approximate serving sizes. This is a fabulous learning tool and excellent resource.
Phyllis Wright
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book shows a wonderful selection of decorating ideas. As a beginner I found it very instructive. I learnt a lot
Stefanie Muir
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really good reference for cake decorating. As a visual learner the pictures are invaluable to helping me learn.
Janie
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-for-lj
Carpenter, Autumn. The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating. Creative Pub: Quayside. Feb. 2012. c.328p. photogs. index. ISBN 9781589236691. pap. $24.99. COOKINGljx120101cakedecorating Cake & Cookie Decorating Books

Sugar artist Carpenter (All About Candy Making) perfectly explains her book: “If you are a beginning decorator, this book will serve as a step-by-step course in cake decorating. If you are an experienced or professional decorator, this book will quickly become your go-to guide
Tia
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is an extremely thorough, detailed guide to cake decorating. DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK if you have any interest in preserving your self-esteem. You will be inspired by Carpenter's desserts complete with delicate cherry blossoms, whimsical circus animals or falling autumn leaves. Sadly, after purchasing $50 worth of cake-decorating supplies, your handiwork will qualify for a spot on cake wrecks, complete with Donnie Darko-esque creepy bunnies and other abominations.
Seriously folks, making cakes
Jazz
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am highly interested in high quality baking and design so I read this in 1 week. (It is quite BIG)It gives very detailed instructions, names tools, and gives recipes every once in a while. I watch Cake Boss and after reading this book I wanted to rush to the kitchen and get started. When I start baking I will definitely buy this book from a local bookstore or Amazon.
Kendra
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cake-decorating
I really liked the step by step instruction. There is really great information on how to do all of the techniques and all the great stuff you see on the cake shows. I was not as big a fan of the projects. I think you would do so many more amazing thing with the techniques they showed than the projects they provided.
Jennifer Groot
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This cake book was incredibly thorough, detailed, and an excellent resource for beginners and experts alike. I enjoyed the adundance of photos and explanations for everything from recipes for cakes to piping to making exquisite flowers. Recommended for anyone who wants to make a cake. I got it from the library, but want my own copy now.
Lisa
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-friends
Very interesting book. I have mostly learned cake decorating techniques through practice but this book taught me a great deal which will improve how I decorate cakes. A great reference tool which I will refer to often.
Angela
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the step by step instructions this book gives along with the wonderful photos. I checked this book out from the library, but want to purchase it for home reference. Book covers basic cake prep, piping techniques, fondant, gum paste and numerous other techniques.
Mona
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cake-decoration
I consider it as a textbook in cake decoration.
The book is very illustrative and helpful especially for beginners,it also includes almost all the decoration techniques illustrated step-by-step in a very easy and simple way. One of the best.
Eileen
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Every page in this book is a winner. Great reference book.
Carla
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking, craft
What a wonderful book on all things cake decorating. This is the book!!
Mckinley
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very helpful and detailed. Lots about techniques for piping, fondant, sugar and gum pastes, modeling, lace, strings, painting, etc.
Susie Brazeau
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
On all things cake decorating...this is the book!
SynonymicAntonym
Feb 25, 2015
Cindy
Jul 27, 2014
Sofia M Salem
rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2018