Start by marking “Just One Season in London” as Want to Read:
Just One Season in London

Just One Season in London

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  265 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Viscount Ryecroft has a beautiful sister he needs to marry off... if only he had the money for her Season in London.His family is in financial ruins, and his mother is willing to do anything to help her children, including sell herself to the highest bidder...

Published July 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Just One Season in London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Season in London

Apr 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

I really appreciate the author trying a different format for this book, but at the same time, I really missed my warm and cozy, familiar historical romance format!

Instead of introducing a hero and heroine with alternating points of view, and maybe a supporting romantic couple, this book had three leads and three love interests. This was too many romances for me to keep up with. I couldn't really get invested in any of them. I really liked the author's previous book with three separate b
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: moyen
Beaucoup moins bon que l'autre roman de l'auteure, Une affaire de mariage, qui était pourtant basé sur le même principe : suivre trois couples différents dans une seule et même histoire.
Mais l'auteure a manqué ici d'habileté dans sa manière de gérer ses différentes intrigues, en répétant très (trop) souvent, à chaque changement de couple, les mêmes scènes d'un nouveau point de vue. Les différents personnages (la mère, la fille et le fils) se fréquentant trop pour faciliter les changements de po
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love historical romances and whenever someone asks for suggestions or who my favorite authors are I always mention Julie Garwood, Julia Quinn or Johanna Lindsey. If all of Leigh Michaels' books are as good as this one then I have a feeling her name will quickly join my list of favorite authors. She captures the perfect balance between humor, romance and sexiness in this story.

The Characters

I can't think of a single character I disliked in this story. I really enjoyed Ryecroft and the fact that
This was a very interesting, good book. It focuses on three couples, not just one, and while you would think it would be confusing or wouldn't work, Leigh Michaels somehow made it work! The story centers around the Ryecroft family and their need for money to keep the estate afloat. Viscount Ryecroft knows it is his duty to find a wealthy heiress so that he may provide for his mother and give his sister a season in London. When an unexpected opportunity falls into his lap, he is able to travel to ...more
Linda Banche
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming characters, sparkling conversation and exuberant humor abound in Leigh Michaels's Regency historical, JUST ONE SEASON IN LONDON , an exhilarating story of love found while trying to make others happy.

Young Viscount Ryecroft has no money. How can he keep up his estate, give his little sister, Sophie, a London Season so she can find a mate she wants, and also provide for his widowed mother, Miranda? He has to get them all to London for the Season. He will do anything he has to, including
Laura J.
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
three romances

Rye is a young man looking to marry an heiress. He's responsible, has a good sense of humor and is honorable. The perfect hero for Portia, a ladies companion with a quick wit. The problem with this love story is Portia's deception - too good to be true. The second couple was between a lovely but immature girl and a sophisticated man a few years older than her. I'm not sure how this long marriage would last. The third romance was between a mature couple who become reacquainted after
Priscilla  Waller
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I Loved It

What a charming frothy classic Regency. Georgette Heyer plus some sex. This is a good way to spend an evening. I loved “The Mistress House” and this story was every bit as entertaining.
Allison Henle
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very amusing, although TW for attempted rape.
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not quite four stars.
Sandy M
Jul 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
This is only my second book by Leigh Michaels, and one of the elements I like in her stories is the way she integrates three romances into one book. She did that quite successfully in The Mistress’ House, which I reviewed back in February. While this is still a good read, the success of the three couples’ romances just isn’t there in Just One Season in London.

Viscount Ryecroft - Rye as he’s affectionately known - is one of those heroes who needs to marry an heiress, especially to make sure his m
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
A family that courts together...

His family is in financial ruins, and his mother is willing to do anything to help her children, including sell herself to the highe st bidder...

Finds passion on their own...

Sophie Ryecroft will sacrifice love to marry for the good of her family... but instead finds passion and solace in an attracti ve alternative.

With so much riding on their o
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Just One Season in London by Leigh Michaels
Historical Romance –July 1st, 2011
4 stars

Humorous, romantic comedy of errors makes for a vastly entertaining Regency romance.

Rye is a young earl without a penny to his name. His father gambled away his family’s future. As the whole family struggles, each devises a plan to find a way secure their future by having a season in London. Rye’s mother, Lady Miranda pins her hopes on finding the funds to give her beautiful and impetuous daughter a trip to Londo
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book! I was surprised there was more to the story than I thought there would be in the beginning. I was expecting a lot of fluff but there was a good story told in this book. It took me a couple of days but I was busy doing other things. The family in this book has a daughter who is of the age where she needs to have a lot of money to buy the trappings of a "Season" to be presented to the London society so she may meet a young man with money to help the family mansion to be updated. ...more
3.5 Stars. The review that follows is a partial review. To view the entire review, please visit:

Just One Season in London held so much promise—promise of romance and second chances, of

happily ever afters and all the twists in the road while trying to get there. But upon reading the novel, I

found much of it to be, unfortunately, lacking in most of these areas, along with a few other important

ones as well.

I believe my biggest disappointment was the chara
RATING:4.5)JUST ONE SEASON IN LONDON by Leigh Michaels is an exciting historical romance set in Regency England. It is written with depth and details.The characters will capture your heart. This is a tale of a family of three,whom need money,love and happiness. It is about a son,his sister and his mother,each would sacrifice their happiness to save the others. Viscount Ryecroft's father left them with a fine estate but little to no finances.His sister,Sophie,needs a season in London,but how with ...more
Kiki Belle
This was about three couples, but all across the board I thought there was too much going on and that the romances and the characterization suffered for it.

Marcus and Miranda-- I didn't care for Marcus. He was arrogant and told Miranda what she wanted. I never warmed up to him. Miranda could have been a more interesting character, but she wasn't. This one was just... blah, okay, whatever, do I have to read about them?

Sophie and Wellingham--first off, while I suspected it was coming, it wasn't th
Nilhan Kutlu
This was my first book by Leigh Michaels, and I loved her style. I love historical romance books and this was one of them. And it was a good one. It was about three different relationships connected to each other. And I think the author Leigh Michaels wove all three love stories in so well. She did a great job on the balance of romance and humor. I really enjoyed seeing the culture, like dances and seasons. I liked all of the characters. Rye was extremely fascinating, I loved his sense of humor. ...more
Aug 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Viscount Rycroft has a title, but no money to maintain his family estate or to launch his beautiful sister Sophia into society. His mother, Lady Ryecroft contacts an old love from her youth seeking help to launch Sophie, but is rebuffed. Luckily Rye is able to rent the estate and take his family to London to see how the season treats them.

This story was told from many points of view revolving around the three main characters, Rye, Sophia, and Miranda. It was interesting having so many main chara
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sooooo wonderful. I was smiling through the last 200 pages and up way too late finishing it. Three romances -- mom Miranda, son Rye and daughter Sophie. I wasn't quite sure how Sophie's was going to end, but it reminded me a lit of Emma. Rye and portia's romance was lovely, more pride and prejudice, and Miranda and Marcus felt very Persuasion. It ended too soon -- I wanted to spend more time with the characters. Great supporting characters, with the young nephew, the horrible rake and the meddli ...more
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
This book has been on my TBR for over five years, and it's the only one by this author I have on the shelf. I have no clue why I decided this would be a good one to read. But I was looking for something to "fill in" while I was waiting for a book to arrive from either from my hold list at the library or one I had ordered. I didn't even read the blurb on the back, just picked it up and started reading.

Little did I know all three story lines for Rye, Sophie, and Miranda would intersect and each wo
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To me this one was not your typical historical romance.
It started as it might turn out that way. Just let me say the girl falls for the last one I thought she would fall for.

In this story there is a family that has befallen hard times and one most married to bring everything back to stretch. The sister thinks it her; the brother the earl thinks it is him and the mother so wants to help as well.
This is such a great story, one of the ones that makes it hard to put down.
Lot’s of Twist and turns t

This historical romance set in London and the "country" has a little something for everyone. With the family finances in a bind, Viscount Ryecroft, his mother, Miranda and younger sister, Sophie will do anything to get the family to London for the Season and protect the family.

Throughout this story, there are romances galore -- three stories for the price of one! Michaels does a wonderful job in telling each story. Although not necessary, what might have made this book a tad better (i
Mar 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the multiple protagonists in this book. That is something you don't see very often in regency romance (although if you enjoy that format I recommend The Birthday Scandal also by Leigh Michaels). I found all three protagonists to be engaging and relatable. My only issue is that the author uses modern phrases throughout the book. If you are a stickler about historical accuracy this may not be the book for you. I was able to ignore it for the most part. It was a fun read and I may ...more
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Charming three-fer, three romances for the price of one. Shades of O'Henry's Gift of the Magi.

One lovely family, mother, son, and daughter, near destitute, the son is a Viscount without enough income. The daughter is lovely. The mother wants happiness for her children.

But there isn't any practical way to afford a season in London. Or is there? Suddenly the money appears, a London hostess is found, and they're off.

True love for all, in unexpected places.

Great plot, good characters, no apparent se
Lady Day
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leigh Michaels always write more than one story in her novels. The best story in this novel was the mother. She selling herself to a boyhood friend for the sake of her kids future.

I really enjoy middle age historical romances, however they are not written that often. I think in middle age romances there is freedom from inhibitions and plenty of backstory that can include character flaws and poor life decisions.
Juliette Cen
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: charmant
Excellente surprise ! Trois couples pour un roman, c'était un vrai pari de nous faire apprécier chaque personnage. Les histoires s'entrecroisent avec légèreté et brio. Dommage que la romance de Sophie (au jeu des 7 familles, je demande la fille) ait été à peine effleurée et son prétendant si peu développé malgré un potentiel avéré.
C'est agréable à suivre, amusant, enlevé, parfois sensuel, bref, une romance historique très plaisante.

With such a unique story line, and the author's familiar prose, Just One Season in London is a success as far as regency romance novels are concerned.

Read more at Suite101: Just One Season in London – a Regency Romance Review |
Stephanie Tracy
This book was only okay for me, which is surprising after reading all the fantastic reviews of it on here. I just found the details of the story to be a bit tiresome. The characters seemed pretty bland and there were so many different people involved that I started getting them mixed up after a while. Overall, not very impressed, but it was my first Leigh Michaels book, so I may try others.
Elaine Orr
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the middle of a group of three Regency romances Leigh issued in the last year or so, and it's my favorite. The three linked stories blend well, and the book is really funny. You'd have to say it's an ensemble cast of characters, but you can stay in tune with all of them. I highly recommend "Just One Season in London."
Leigh Michaels'ın İki kitabını okudum ikisinide vasat buldum.Üç farklı hikaye vardı bu kitaptada.kalabalık bir karakter kadrosu olduğundan başlarda biraz kafam karıştı kim kimdir kiminledir diye düşünüp durdum.Çok ahım şahım bir kitap değildi.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 09, 2015 10:21AM
  • A Gentleman Never Tells (The Rogues' Dynasty #4)
  • Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish (The Duke's Daughters, #1; Windham, #4)
  • Catriona
  • Lord of the Black Isle (Black Douglas #3)
  • Never Been Bit (Gentlemen Vampyres, #3)
  • Treasure Me (The Legend Hunters, #3)
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To #2)
  • Fires of Winter (Tales of Jernaeve, #2)
  • The Devilish Montague (Rebellious Sons, #2)
  • In the Arms of a Marquess (Rogues of the Sea, #3)
  • Once Upon a Scandal (Scandal, #2)
  • An Affair Without End (Willowmere, #3)
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • This Perfect Kiss
  • Just Say Yes
Leigh Michaels is the pseudonym used by LeAnn Lemberger (b. July 27 in Iowa, United States), a popular United States writer of over 85 romance novels. She has published with Harlequin, Sourcebooks, Montlake Romance, Writers Digest Books, and Arcadia Publishing. She teaches romance writing at Gotham Writers' Workshop ( She is the author of On Writing Romance.

When Leigh was fi
More about Leigh Michaels...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Garden of Lies (Garden of Lies, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)