Start by marking “Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes” as Want to Read:
Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes

Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes

Linda Hogan spent twenty-four years married to American wrestling icon Hulk Hogan. In Wrestling the Hulk, Linda shares her deeply personal stories about life with the WWF superstar—stories of abuse, infidelity, celebrity, her “life on the ropes,” and how the former VH-1 reality TV star managed to step out of her marriage ring and make a fresh start.

To ask other readers questions about Wrestling the Hulk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrestling the Hulk

Start your review of Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes
Jezebel Jorge
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pro-wrestling
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's not your typical wrestling biography. After 20+ years of putting up with the Hulkster, Linda certainly deserves her boy toy.
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
I got this book as a friend loaned it to me, what a joke,
Its awfully written, she makes her self out to be an innocent martyr, contradicts a lot of what was going on compared to what was said on the show/said on cam then changes the story again in her book. i also dislike how she blames the hulk for everything, for e.g Nick driving to fast and the accident he caused! (though how she can blame anyone but those directly involved is beyond me after all Nick is an adult) she blames the hulk for
♥ Marlene♥
Apr 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle, celebrity, memoirs
Well first of all I love sports and watch many but not wrestling cause to me that is not sport but fakery. I am sure they have to use special care and perhaps some techniques to not hurt each other. but I just do not like show wrestling. I do enjoy watching MMA though.

I had heard of Hulk Hogan. watched a few episodes of their "reality" TV show. Perhaps 4 or so so not many,
And I did see Lind and her new boy toy in another reality show called Couples Therapy. I still do not know why they were
James
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Book of the year!
Kera Price
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
i felt sorry for this woman because i new how she felt being bullied by a man :(.

also every wwe star who has done a book always says Hulk Hogan was a donkey.
Daniel Stern
Aug 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Linda Hogan's book to be a very quick read filled with a very rose-tinted glasses view of her life and her families life but she takes the glasses off for Hulk. He is given very little positivity in this book.

Linda gives her side of the story about their relationship and the issues that she claims ruined the long marriage.

she wrote in a very low class manner about bedroom issues that we don't want to read about and could have been left out.

Is this book all fact? No chance but neither is it all
Erin
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Nothing shocking here: the tale of the dissolution of a marriage that sounded pretty fractured from the start. It ends on a hopeful note, though, which I sincerely hope is genuine.
Cindy
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Every story has two sides so it only seems logical that Linda Hogan would want to speak out after her very public divorce from the Hulkster. That being said I say I believe about 30% of this book, with 20% being "possible with a slight exageration" and the other 50% is just PR spinning babble to make people like her. Don't get me wrong I'm not all pro-Hulk but really this book didn't help me one big like either one of them.

There are random "dirty" details thrown into the book like what type of
Chris
Jul 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read Hulk Hogan's book earlier this year, and he makes himself look all innocent, and you feel sorry for the guy. Then you read Linda Hogan's account of his cheating, and you can see that "The Hulk", isn't so innocent after all. I believe he lied many times in his book. There is probably exaggeration on both their parts, but it would be really good to read these two books back-to-back to compare. This book really held my interest and I read it in two days. I wish the best for her, and I ...more
Shannon
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
As with any situation, there are always two sides to a story. Linda, predictably, made herself out to be the perfect daughter, girlfriend, wife, mother, businesswoman -- you name it, she was perfect at it. However, I feel that her "truth" was exaggerated and that she had a lot to hide, but continually focused on Terry's wrongdoings. I'm sorry, but I just find it difficult to believe that she was this absolutely amazing, innocent woman that she portrayed herself to be. It's a little far-fetched ...more
Tara
Aug 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Did anyone really believe anything that came out of this womans mouth?? Really did she think that she could tame the Hulk?? Did she really think he wouldnt cheat?? And now she's with a 20 year old boy, yet she was upset that Hulk was doing the same thing, even though they were married... Read it for kicks, and that's all
Mags Prz
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised to find this book at the Dollar store! I figured even if it as not a good read, it was only a dollar so I purchased it. I am glad I did, it is actually really good and very interesting to find out how much of a hectic/ double life Linda had. I feel for her and look at Hulk Hogan in a completely different light now (not a fan anymore). Fast, easy, interesting read.
Kelly
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
She has her story hulk has is. I feel sorry that she had to put up with his nonsense. Linda should have called hulk out many times when she had the feeling about Christina and I would have never let her stay at my house. I hope she finds the peace and man that she deserves to be happy with. Money can't buy happiness is the true story here.
Rebecca Raeske-Grinch
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-reads
This is one of those "I can't sleep" ebooks. She repeats herself a lot. Is it because she's trying to convince the reader of what she's saying? And the lists. Dear god, the lists. This makes me think there aren't really editors anymore.
Danton
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
sad pictures...started to cry right away.....beautiful babies, wild life...unimaginabel.
Mariana
Jul 05, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I was buying a book by an American Indian author. The too shallow ex-wife of Hulk Hogan whines about his cheating. What did she expect?
Kariann
Interesting to learn her side of the story.
Steven Spoelstra
Sep 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Not a real intelligent read. Nice to hear her side of the story. Borrow it. Don't buy it.
Patricia
Aug 14, 2011 rated it did not like it
I'm going to try this book because I already read Hulk Hogan's version of the truth. Well, I didn't care for it so stopped reading.
Sam
Jun 08, 2012
DJ Rellik
rated it did not like it
May 27, 2013

• Trapped In A Hood Love Affair
  • A Kut Above The Rest: Lovin' A Female Boss
  • I Think You're Too Loyal 2: A Hood Love Saga
  • Match My Loyalty: A Hood Love Story
  • Beneath the Tamarind Tree: A Story of Courage, Family, and the Lost Schoolgirls of Boko Haram
  • Addicted To A Street King