Start by marking “My Demon” as Want to Read:
My Demon

My Demon

Clive beguiles and seduces and only Alex can see, hear, touch the Demon. He comes bearing a gift … and a warning. With the fate of their universes in the balance, Alex is the best candidate, hand-selected to save the human race, and Clive offers his guidance and support to help her fulfill her destiny.

It’s like having an imaginary friend but nineteen year old Alex soon
Paperback, First, 248 pages
Published June 12th 2011 by Pfoxmoor Publishing (first published May 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about My Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Demon

Start your review of My Demon
Kath Middleton
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Although I found it took a while to get going (largely I suspect because the doings of teenage girls don't hold my attention these days!) I found the concept amazingly good. Alex, a nineteen year old girl, begins to see a demon who is visible to no-one else. The fact that he is devastatingly attractive helps him to persuade her to follow his suggestions. Later, as she tries to back out, he uses more forceful tactics. He informs her that humanity is being taken over by an alien species and she ...more
Maria K.
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
What do we normally expect from an "apocalypse is coming, and the fate of the world rests in the hands of one chosen person"? A hero or a heroine, who is intelligent, tough, unfailingly courageous in the face of danger, charming and handsome (because how else can one engage the help of others in a quest if not by making them attracted to you). The hero is often guided by a magical being who is ancient, wise and patient.

The hero of "My Demon" Alex Walker is pretty, but she is not particularly
Nicky Foster
Jan 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
I thought this was probably one of the worst books I've ever read. The characters had no depth or feeling. I couldn't work out If it was supposed to be scary ( it wasn't!) or funny ( definately wasn't!) or whether it was just a book for dim teenagers and I should have stayed well clear.
The main character is just annoying and the story was tedious. I just don't understand why it has any good reviews because it reads like a story that has been handed as homework by a deluded teenager.
Tammy
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free, horror, e-reader
Unusual and entertaining read.
Tom
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wonder whether Alex would have found her demon, if only she hadn't smoked that new weed her boyfriend got.

However, Alexandra Walker did get high that night, she and her boyfriend Jeremy, all cozy in his minibus. While Jeremy foraged for snacks, Alex's attention was captured by the extremely handsome man wearing a red catsuit and fake red horns. All-too-soon, it became clear that only Alex could see and hear the odd man, who introduced himself as a demon named Clive.

In the beginning, it was
Mely P.E.
Mar 23, 2013 rated it liked it
 photo Goodreads Melys corner_zpsegf7wf4m.png

...Non so come definirlo. Da un lato la prosa mi è piaciuta, almeno all'inizio; evocativa e capace di esprimere molto in poche parole. Dall'altra... tutto il libro è una sorta di esperienza ai limiti dell'onirico e del folle, con una generosissima dose di WTF.
Passi il demone che ti influenza, ma al posto di Alex mi sarei fatta un po' più domande prima di agire, e soprattutto sarei rimasta attaccata ai miei valori e a una sana razionalità. L'intera faccenda puzzava di inganno.
Inoltre, dopo la
Jessica Degarmo
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Well, my evening is shot, but not in a bad way. I've just spent it reading this chilling, enthralling book, and I couldn't put it down until I was done!
Alex is a typical girl at the onset of the book, but all that changes with the arrival of Clive, a self-professed demon who dresses like a cartoon character unless he needs to terrorize his new plaything.
My Demon is an amazing read, and it delves deep into the psyche of a teen on the brink of so many things: adulthood, self-discovery and madness.
mountainmama
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Note: This title has been changed to 'Blue Smoke and Madness'

Alex has an imaginary friend. The only problem is he’s a demon who convinces her she must murder friends and family to prevent an alien takeover. Is he real? Is he telling the truth? Or is Alex delusional?

A very imaginative and original story concept – gruesome and erotic in a few places, but filled with tension and conflict as the demon exerts more and more pressure on the teenager.

I’ve read a few other books by Ms Hinsley, and have
Shalini Nemo
Chilling! Alex's descent into madness is terrifying. Kept wondering what's real and what's not, and the big reveal at the end is heartbreaking. At least Alex got her satisfaction, even if her whole world is shattered.
Netanella
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, horror
Insanely good and totally unexpected.
Mark Lewis
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Hinsley's novel My Demon is a hellish read.

Thia is a book I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone.
Annie
Dec 08, 2013
Carla
May 21, 2013
Candice Messina
rated it did not like it
Apr 01, 2013
Brittini
Melissa ownsbey
Shelly
Jul 03, 2012
Lisa C Hinsley’s career has been varied, working as an architectural technician, a pet sitter, a pharmacy supervisor and most recently a carer/companion for elderly ladies, all the while writing when she can. Born in Portsmouth in 1971, Lisa grew up in England, Scotland, and America. She now lives on the Wirral, in northwest England, with her husband, three children, and four cats. Her hope is not ...more