Start by marking “The Dream (The Year of the Cat, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dream (The Year of the Cat, #1)

The Dream (The Year of the Cat #1)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The first in a terrifying new trilogy. Holly Callison arrives at Los Gatos High and hears whispers about the legend of a panther. At night, she begins to dream that she is being hunted by the powerful beast. During the day, she falls under the spell of a dangerous boy named Alex, whose wild nature unlocks the savage nature of Holly's true self.
Published April 1st 1995 by Berkley (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dream

Lindsay
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Back in the 90s when this series came out I really liked it. Then I forgot about it until last year or so. I could picture the cover and knew it had something to do with teens turning into panthers, but I could remember the title. Finally, thanks to Goodreads, I was able to find the series and ordered the first book from Amazon.
Holly is the new girl in town and quickly makes friends with Tisha and Jason and just as quickly becomes mesmerized by Alex Sarandon and his twin sister Laila. Soon she
Heather *live on coffee and flowers*
I once read a review of this series that said it read like an L.J. Smith knockoff. I can see why the reviewer thought that. The story wasn't as developed as it could have been. There was so much that could have been explored emotionally and I can only hope the mythology will be expanded upon in the next two books. I might have loved this book had I read it in the nineties, when I was a teenager searching for any book having to do with vampires or anything supernatural. I will finish this series, ...more
Deborah
Jul 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I read the series when they first came out. The book store had them listed as recommended reading by the staff. Has a love triangle, shape-shifting, and some creepy suspense for the age bracket.

Surprisingly, these look to be the only books Zoe Daniels has written. Goodreads and Amazon list nothing else under her name.
Sakura Koneko
Aug 12, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes the supernatural
Shelves: favorites
This series was one that I found the first book of in a local library many years ago.

Originally I was a little confused and thought it was about vampires, though halfway through I figured out that was incorrect. I continued reading anyway and wasn't disappointed.

This book begins the love story between Holly and Alex, though the rest of the series puts a little twist in.
Angela
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED. IT.
JoAnna
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WoW! This was super cute! Im ready to see the characters really blossom in the next two books. Are they going down a truely dark path, or just embracing the gift they have recieved! I must find out!!
Tatiana
Dec 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
VERY VERY good and mysterious.
Jiaka1981 Winfield
Jul 05, 2012
Susie Rhem
Oct 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

The Year of the Cat (3 books)
  • The Hunt (The Year of the Cat, #2)
  • The Amulet (The Year of the Cat, #3)