Start by marking “My Hippopotamus is on the Caravan Roof Getting Sunburnt” as Want to Read:
My Hippopotamus is on the Caravan Roof Getting Sunburnt

My Hippopotamus is on the Caravan Roof Getting Sunburnt

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  34 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The girl narrator and her cake-eating hippo go on holiday. They drive to the beach with the hippo sitting on the roof rack. They go swimming, go fishing, collect shells and the "invisible" hippo can do all the things the girl cannot do. It is the first sequel to "There's a Hippopotamus on Our Roof Eating Cake" and there are now seven stories.This story has also been includ ...more
Published February 13th 2008 by Penguin Global

Be the first to ask a question about My Hippopotamus is on the Caravan Roof Getting Sunburnt

really liked it 4.00  ·

Paul Jackson
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
The book details a holiday through the eyes of a little girl who has a pet hippopotamus who lives on the roof of their house eating cake. The author describes the events that take place which always seem to end with the little girl being jealous of the hippopotamus because her parents never ask him/her to do anything. The illustrations in the book are very colourful and will be useful for visual learners and children who use english as an additional language. I believe the book to be suited for ...more
Jill Smith
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a really lovely children's picture book. Hazel continues to delight the children with the simple tale enhanced by the wonderful images by Deborah Niland.

How could a holiday be any better? The Hippopotamus joined the family at their beach retreat and got sunburnt! Swimming, collecting shells, building sand castles and playing beach cricket is so much fun with a Hippo who bowls.
Nikki
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I never knew there were sequels to 'There's a Hippopotamus on our Roof Eating Cake', so I was giddy with joy when I discovered this one. It's in much the same vein as the first, of course: don't expect character development or a plot or whatever! But if you found the first one charming, so is this.
Tara
Aug 23, 2014 rated it liked it
I loved it but still not as good as the rest.
Natalie
Oct 07, 2009
Rebecca
Jan 25, 2014
Hazel Edwards
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Pey Chean
Jess
Mar 23, 2009
Rosemary
Jul 06, 2014
Hazel is a readaholic, author and Reading Ambassador.Her unconventional memoir is 'Not Just a Piece of Cake-Being an Author' .' Hijabi Girl', her co-written junior book is being performed by Larrikin Puppeteers for Book Week. Adult murder mystery 'Celebrant Sleuth: I do...or die' with asexual sleuth Quinn is currently being read as an audio book by the author.
Although Hazel mentors her 'Hazelnuts