Start by marking “Songs You Know By Heart” as Want to Read:

Songs You Know By Heart

(Wine & Song #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  315 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Free Online Fiction - Complete

David is coming home from a party one night when he gets mugged. Well, more specifically, he gets held up at knife point, since where the hell is he supposed to hide money in his breeches?

David happens to be into rough sex so he offers something else instead. And from there, things can only get worse... right?

19,000 words
Online fiction
Published 2008 by Shousetsu Bang*Bang

really liked it 4.00  ·

Kaje Harper
This is a review for the whole 5-novella series, since it pulled me in to where I bought one after the other without stopping, reading until 2 AM. I no longer remember individual installments, but the series as a whole was engaging, with distinct characters whom I cared about, so I'm giving it 5 stars despite any improbabilities and flaws. Each installment ends on a resting point, not a cliffhanger, but the HFNs are thin and I think it does need to be read as a whole.

David is a guy in his late t
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
Jul 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog by: ssbb
3.5 Happily in Love Stars

FREE TO READ GOODY!!!

What a wonderful, surprising short read. In under 20k words I connected enough to laugh at, worry for and even tear up a bit during this read.

David, the wealthy, snobish curmugeon "meets" Jazz, the talented, but uneducated street-kid and nothing is the same for either of them again. As their unlikely story unfolds what becomes most apparent is how much these two opposites need each other.

If you like a story with hot, hot, hot sexy scenes, an age di
Joseph Tonlet
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly enjoyable series! #teamdavid
Chris
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Good short m/m romance about a wealthy jerk of a businessman with a taste for rough sex who offers to blow the straight guy who mugs him in the park, never expecting to see him again...
Erika
Now this is the kind of May-December D-s I like. 3.5 stars
Courtney
A promising start

The premise of this novella - a rich guy ending up with the younger guy who mugs him in a park - was just too intriguing for me to pass up. It is definitely not all smooth sailing for them, but pretty entertaining for me as a reader. I look forward to reading more in the series.
Steelwhisper
Why should this be okay with two men, when it would stink to hell and back with a het couple?

Very unlikeable characters, irritating sarky prose.
Gabriella (Gabi)
This was quite an unusual book, and that's precisely what I liked about it. I couldn't help but compare it to another, which I very much liked, but I realize that's not exactly fair of me to do, so I'm not gonna disclose the other book. Besides, I think it was a mere coincidence.

It's been written in a humorous way, and even if the events themselves weren't that funny, I smiled a lot.

There were some aspects of this story I'm not sure you guys will like; I'm somewhere in the middle, neutral. For
Paula´s  ShortReview
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, age-gap, short, music
Voy a reseñar la serie al completo porque no se puede leer uno sin el otro y va ganando calidad conforme pasan los libros.
En principio era un libro más con temática D/s (aunque completamente diferente a muchas otras) pero al final es la historia completa de cómo una relación se va cimentando poco a poco aunque al principio te parezca que "no pegan ni con cola"
Me encantaron los MC, los secundarios no tienen desperdicio,los diálogos son muy ágiles y agudos y el desarrollo de la historia me gustó m
Carly
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I saw this rec'd on tumblr as good and free and I jumped on it. And those are probably the two best descriptors of it. I liked the main characters and their developing romance. It felt a little thin in terms of backstory and characterization. About halfway through I started wondering if this was fanfic with the names scrubbed off. I couldn't tell you what of, but it seemed to lack the background details that you wouldn't need if you already knew the characters from some other canon. It also took ...more
Nana
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t really sure whether I would like this one in the beginning. Mainly because I couldn’t quite grasp David’s reactions to being mugged. But the plot was interesting enough to keep me going and then the story somehow got better and better. The characters grew on me and there were some great dialogues. Loved David’s dry humor and the sex scenes were deliciously rough. The ending was rather sweet without being sappy. Overall, a very enjoyable read.
Meep
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: s2b2
Strongly written and compelling though unhealthy/unrealistic relationship.

Age difference, difference of social standing, rough sex.

Difficult to rate because in honestly I can't claim to like either characters or the story itself but Dr Noh does spin a good story and it's worth a look for something different.
Ayanna
*squint David got some kind of subliminal death wish? Or is that just rich-people-ness?

I think, weirdly enough, I actually kind of liked it. There are tons of unsafe implications in so many things, but somehow, the characters come to a weird sort of equilibrium.
Punk
Sep 02, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer, ebook
Oco
Excellent example of just how good internet m/m can be. A short story, but excellent complexity and character building with so few words. And fun. Heh.
Sara Bauer
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting character dynamic. Jazz and David make no sense together--and, yet, they make perfect sense. Sexy, emotional, and sweet, this first book in the series will make you want to read more and more.
Janeylou
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75stars
Anna Goerlitz
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy - certainly not safe, sane and consensual - but I loved David and Jazz, nonetheless. The book ends on a HFN note, but there are more in the series, which all follow the same couple.
Erin (PT)
I'd read this once before, when it was published online, but I'd enjoyed it so much that I was delighted to find it as a story I could actually buy, and own, for myself. Time has not really changed the delight I feel in this story, though it's obviously not for all comers.

A love story that begins with an armed robbery is fairly fantastical--the stuff of fantasy--but (for me, at least) Kos manages to make it work in a way that a lot more conventional romances have not. There's an accidental-ness
Sandra
Gotta be honest, the first chapter didn't grab me. In some ways it was hot, but it seemed so insanely risky and self-destructive behavior that it wasn't very believable. But it kept going, and be still my jaded little heart.

David is such an asshole. But Jazz is just a sexy little powerhouse that won't take no for an answer, and is either too stubborn or stupid or wonderful to let David push him away.

This was a great combination of sexy and dirty, and sweet and heartwarming. And it's FREE!

July
Edina Rose
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hot, witty and funny short with rough sex.
Camille Adams
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.8

Liked :)...would have liked more if David was a bit less of a bastard.
Tessa Barding
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This was a surprisingly sexy read. Surprising, because I normally shy away from BDSM stories. It’s something I just don’t get—I’m not judging, mind you, but it’s my thing at all and so I stay away from stories with a BDSM background/topic. However, I’ve read some of EK’s online fiction and found all of the fics I’ve read quite brilliant, and when I found out she’s a published author, too, I had to give this a try.

And here’s the thing. For some reason I expected a BDSM club kind of setting and al
Proxi
I... I actually really liked this, haha. David makes SUPER QUESTIONABLE choices, but it kind of works? You know he's screwed up and the relationship with Jazz is crazy, but you never really feel bad for him because he basically goes into things with eyes wide open. If you want to feel kind of bad about someone it would probably be Jazz who doesn't really understand what's going on, but c'mon Jazz tried to mug David so... It almost balances out. /squint

David is pretty much a jerk and doesn't try
Em
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A strong 4 stars from me (4.5?? It did a lot of difficult things well, I kind of feel like I should grade on a curve here), this was excellent.

Romance novella with some really great non-con kink. No, it's not negotiated or gone about in any kind of safe way and yes it's super hot. Also an age difference (if you're into that) where the less experienced partner is topping.

A main character who's a major asshole is a fine line to walk but this novella walks it perfectly. And David is very much an
SaBine
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You just can't review this book alone. Because there is so much more to this story than there is written in this first book. You have to think of it as the first chapter.
And the more the more you read, the more you learn about David and Jazz.
What starts out as really, really strange way of meeting a guy develops into a beautiful story.
They seem contrary, their age gap, their upcoming, their view of the world. David confident and arrogant on the outside, submitting in the bedroom. Jazz unsecure
Brittany
I was recommended this book and I couldn't tell you why I thought I wouldn't like it, because the blurb was right up my freaky alley, but I've never been happier to be wrong.

Because these two idiots were EVERYTHING. The dirty talk in it alone was FIRE!

READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Read all of them!!!!!!!!

L. Rambit
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A moody, scorching, and well-written little read that gets right to the point and lets motive and emotion follow after. The story was thrown right into it, with character descriptions taking a far backseat (which actually helped quite a bit, as it was a slight puzzle to figure everyone out as they figured one another out). I'm definitely curious to continue the series.
Sakuko
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is seriously weird and kinda unexpected, but I loved it. All those layers of power-imbalance. And I have this thing for assholes who are trying to do better, and David is a pretty big asshole all right.
MaelleMaud
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
David & Jazz
Surprising and hot. I really enjoyed David snark and his dark humour. He can be somewhat cruel and I truly appreciated the warmth and simplicity of Jazz as a counterbalance to the cold demeanour of David.
🍷❣🖤❣🍷
  • Cold Turkey
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Simon and Sir
  • But then, My Homework Was Never Quite Like This (Homework Verse, #1)
  • It's Like This
  • The Introspective Debate of Owen Brody
  • The Side Effects of Forgetting (Forgetting, #1)
  • High Fidelity (Shadow of the Templar, #4)
  • Restraint
  • The Story of Tol
  • Falling Away
  • Special Forces: Soldiers Part II -Director's Cut
  • Desert Dropping
  • Holden and Yves – The Early Years (The Slave Breakers, mini-prequel)

Wine & Song (5 books)
  • Music in a Dry Country (Wine & Song, #2)
  • Singing in the Wilderness (Wine & Song, #3)
  • Your Breath My Wine (Wine & Song, #4)
  • The Air We Drink (Wine & Song, #5)
“People want the things they’re told to want, regardless of their innate value.” 0 likes