Start by marking “Writing the Christian Nonfiction Book: Concept to Contract” as Want to Read:
Writing the Christian Nonfiction Book: Concept to Contract

Writing the Christian Nonfiction Book: Concept to Contract

4.8  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
"There are three rules for writing a book," a famous author once said. "Unfortunately, no one knows what they are!" To some extent, the process of writing a book is shrouded in mystery. Writing the Christian Nonfiction Book: Concept to Contract takes the confusion out of the writing and publishing process. Based on Dave Fessenden's regular column in Cross & Quill magaz ...more
Published April 15th 2011 by Sonfire Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Writing the Christian Nonfiction Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Writing the Christian Nonfiction Book

Louisa Black
PRICELESS.

This is a book that will completely open your eyes as a Christian non fiction writer, whether you are a seasoned writer or like myself, just starting out.

This really helped me slow down and reflect on all aspects that need serious consideration.
It starts as it means to go on, aware of your faith and desire to write yet it brings a realistic approach to help you balance what you feel the Lord is calling you to write and how to bring it to the marketplace.

My favorite aspect was possibly
Linnette
Jun 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
A Must Read for Writers!

“Another ‘how to’ writing book,” you say. “You’ve got to be kidding me!”

I hear you! I’m not a non-fiction reader. I’m not a “how to” reader. Put the two together and I’m gagging. Majorly! I’ll take a lecture any day over having to read a manual.

So why am I even talking about David’s new book, Concept to Contract? Because I’ve finally found the help for writers like me! David magically encapsulates all the things a writer needs to know from the conception of the book idea
Charles
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am so very glad I picked this book up at the writers conference. Toward the end of the conference and after several passes looking at books on display, something about this book caught my eye. Without second thoughts I picked it up and added it to my wife's stack of books she was going to buy. This instructional book does not read like your English book from high school. It is a fun read and so easy to follow. It's so well done that I think rewriting my manuscript from the approach Fessenden d ...more
Ashley Bogner
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very informative!

Even though Concept to Contract talks specifically about writing nonfiction books, I found that many of the points apply also to writing and publishing fiction. David Fessenden discusses every stage of the writing process, from brainstorming to signing the contract. I love the emphasis he places on prayer.

I would recommend this book to writers of fiction and nonfiction alike!
Mike Sr.
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful and informative

Easy to read and informative. A wonderful example. The author clearly explains complex ideas and the variability of the process. His ideas and suggestions align with scripture and are reasonable and ethical. Highly recommended!
Jamie Stephens
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fessenden lays how each step should be done in vivid details. He breaks it down where I can understand it step by step. I am going back to reread his book and take notes just so I'll remember what I learned.
Ruth
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Practical help, clearly outlined.
Sharon Shabinaw
Mar 16, 2017
Cindy Johnson
Apr 20, 2015
David Fessenden
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Vie
Misty
Jul 27, 2014
Lindy Swanson
Feb 19, 2015
David E. Fessenden is an independent editorial coach and publishing consultant for the Christian book market. He brings to this position over 20 years experience in editorial management with Christian publishing houses. Dave has a B.A. in journalism, an M.A. in religion, and over 30 years of experience in writing and editing. In previous positions Dave served on the communications staff of a Bible ...more
More about David E. Fessenden