Start by marking “11th Hour (Women's Murder Club, #11)” as Want to Read:
11th Hour (Women's Murder Club, #11)

11th Hour

(Women's Murder Club #11)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  34,262 ratings  ·  1,947 reviews
Lindsay Boxer is pregnant at last! But her work doesn't slow for a second. When millionaire Chaz Smith is mercilessly gunned down, she discovers that the murder weapon is linked to the deaths of four of San Francisco's most untouchable criminals. And it was taken from her own department's evidence locker. Anyone could be the killer - even her closest friends.

Lindsay is cal
Published May 7th 2012 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about 11th Hour, please sign up.
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,527 books — 15,745 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenInsurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareGone Girl by Gillian FlynnPandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Best Books of 2012
3,397 books — 9,482 voters

More lists with this book...

·  34,262 ratings  ·  1,947 reviews

Louise Wilson
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lindsey Boxer is pregnant with her first child but that does not mean that her work load has slowed down. Chaz Smith, a millionaire, was gunned down and Lindsey discovers the murder weapon is linked to the deaths of four of San Fransisco's most untouchable criminals. The gun had been taken from her departments evidence locker. The murderer therefore must be a policeman/woman. Then Lindsey is called out to a house where two heads have been displayed in the garden of a world famous actor. More hea ...more
Matt
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Another good installment in the Women's Murder Club series. While some criticise the lack of character development, I see what I need to see and find the story flows quite well. This is one of the few Patterson series that actually has some depth and keeps my interest. Why, oh why, can Patterson not focus on his series and keep the one-offs from sullying his name? Alas, this is a constant question in my reviews, so I will keep asking until I find an adequate response.

The mystery is a great one,
 Li'l Owl ~ Incorrigible Reader
11th Hour picks right up from where we left off at the end of 10th Anniversary. Lindsay, Cindy, Clair, and Yuki, the four inseparable friends of the Woman's Murder Club will have to work together like never before to solve some of San Francisco's worst crimes yet.
Lindsay, now pregnant with her first child, doesn't miss a beat as she begins investigating a grotesque and freakish case of seven decapitated heads discovered in the garden of the historical Ellsworth compound owned by famous actor, H
Jay Connor
I have pretty much given up on James Patterson.

I still enjoy his Alex Cross -- the only series that he hasn't farmed out to lesser talent.

I have also stayed with the Woman's Murder Club series. This might be a function of release date as much as anything else. This late spring annual audiobook entry has been a staple of my drives across country to our place in the mountains of southern California. With "11th Hour," I'm pretty sure I have listened to all eleven with the panorama of differing scen
Suzanne
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my! I was hoping she would have the baby by the end of this book. Now I just have to move on to 12 right now hoping she does. Once again love the characters and the multiple crime plots! Some relationship drama in this one also. I will move on the 12 now. I love these books because you can easily sit and read these books in a matter of three hours because of the short chapters.

My quick and simple overall: a gruesome murder, a cop looking for revenge, and a test in the relationship leads to a
Krystin Rachel
I've been taking SO LONG to get through reading anything lately because I contracted the worst head cold in modern history and...we were in the middle of house hunting for our first home.

But I finally finished this average work of mediocre crime fiction and...

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!

Yay me!

Fuck this book and Patterson's phone-it in shit!

WHOOO!!!!

Camille Turner
Jun 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I've read all of the Women's Murder Club books. This one was kind of blah. Lindsay Boxer is pregnant and she and her husband don't communicate well at all. He doesn't tell her about going out with a former colleague. She doesn't ask him questions, just overreacts way too much. It got on my nerves. Regular people would just talk about certain things. Forget pregnancy hormones excuse. Claire is always my clearheaded favorite. She has a way of cutting to the chase. Jackson has turned Yuki out, and ...more
Vyki (On The Shelf)
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
***WARNING***
There are some spoilers in here for those of you who are not caught up on this series or don't want the who-dunits spoiled.

I enjoyed this installment of the Women's Murder Club series more than the past couple, though there was a few things I had issues with, such as Lindsay's pregnancy. It wasn't mentioned much in the book and I wasn't even sure how pregnant she was, plus the reader never got to see the reactions of the rest of the girls. I would have loved to have known how they
Angela Risner
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
As you might have guessed from the title, this is the 11th book in the Women's Murder Club series. The series focuses on four women who not only are best friends, but also have jobs that complement each other and allow them to work on all aspects of a case.

*Lindsay Boxer, a lieutenant in the SFPD
*Claire Washburn, the Chief Medical Officer
*Yuki Castellano, the assistant DA
*Cindy Thomas, a reporter

In this particular book, Lindsay is in her first year of marriage to Joe, an FBI agent. Lindsay is al
Trish
Mar 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Tiffy
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the 11th installment of the series there's heads being found and there's also drug dealers be killed. With these two crazy cases Lindsay Boxer has her hands full. Of course she calls in the help of the rest of the Women's Murder Club. Between trying to solve these crimes there's plenty of life drama to keep you reading.
Paula  Phillips
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's another fast paced novel for James Patterson as we are reunited with the foursome of the "Women's Murder Club" in the latest installment "11th Hour". In 11th Hour , we learn that Lindsey Boxer is pregnant with husband Joe's baby , Cindy is engaged to Rich Conklin , Yuki is sleeping with Lindsey's boss Jackson and of course Claire is well Claire. As we most of James's novels there are a couple of twists and two main storylines . The first is that somebody is killing all the scum of the stree ...more
Teresa
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Patterson may need to consider closing the book on the Women's Murder Club series as the incestuous nature of the group is losing credibility in the crime solving genre. Patterson really should brush up police procedure; beginning with how departments handle pregnant officers plus what a doctor would say about a high-risk woman working the hours that Boxer works including high speed chases, shoot outs, and running after perps. This book really lost credibility when Boxer believes her husband of ...more
Tim
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maxine...Maxine...Maxine, Lindsay CAN'T be that stupid. She's solved eleven big-time cases (more if you count the TV series)...so totally out of character. Here are a three suggestions:

1) One murder/mystery per novel. Don't split your attention. Spend your time making that one mystery intriguing and interesting instead of creating two lackluster mysteries.

2) Don't force your characters to do things to serve your plot. Yes, these are soapy thrillers, but your characters don't have to act like the
Gary
Nov 30, 2012 rated it liked it
The 11th book in the Womens Murder club series by Maxine Paetro
I am still enjoying this series that revolves around four women Lindsay (Homicide Detective), Cindy (Journalist), Yuki (Attorney) and Claire (Chief Medical Examiner).
Emily
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Women's Murder Club books are getting better again, I think. Less fluff and more interesting mysteries, and by this time in the series, I feel as if I know all the characters very well so enjoy their stories as well. This was one of my favorites in the series.
Mahoghani 23
Linsay will not stop until she gets to the bottom of things. She's a dedicated detective that has little patience for the minor details; give her the information needed and she's out of your hair. Mess with her and you'll wish you haven't.

As a police officer, your day is full of trying to provide a resolution to people constantly. As a detective, you're trying to find resolutions that will solve the case and bring people some piece of mind. This case or cases, are too heinous to believe. Someon
Nicole Alycia
Audiobook review:
I’ve never actually listened to audiobooks before this so I wasn’t sure how much I was going to actually be able to pay attention. I’m happy to say I was able to follow this story pretty easily!
Drug dealers are being murdered in San Francisco. The cops think it’s one of their own, finally gone off the rails and taking justice into their own hands. At the same time two heads end up on the porch of a celebrity’s home. A pregnant Lindsey Boxer is on both cases.
Too much of the love
David Savage
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the 11th novel in the highly successful Women’s Murder Club series. The Women’s Murder Club consists of 4 members: Lindsay Boxer – Homicide Detective, Yuki Castellano – Assistant District Attorney, Cindy Thomas – Investigative Crime Reporter and Claire Washburn – Chief Medical Examiner. They are all friends and solve crime together in San Francisco.

This book gets off to a gripping, fast paced start with the murder of a drug dealer and the discovery of 2 severed heads in a movie star's ga
Aaron
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This series is my favorite one by Patterson. I just like the interplay between the four women who make up the club. I also think the characters read realisticly. Lt Lindsey Boxer finds herself on two different cases that are grabbing huge headlines in San Francisco ... all while being pregnant.

The first case is a series of murders in which someone is clearly going after the city's drug dealers. The press has labeled the murdered Revenge, and both the Homicide and Narcotic squads are a sign to ge
Paula Brandon
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Heaven help me, why do I still read this series? Even worse, I know I'll continue to do so after this one!

There are two concurrent crimes running through this one. There's a rogue cop killing drug dealers. There's a murderer who has killed seven women and left their heads in the garden of a famous actor! Lindsay Boxer investigates both, despite being several months pregnant! Would this even be allowed?

Both storylines are pretty thin. The one about the rogue cop doesn't even come with any surpris
Jackie Lane
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jep
am definitely a James Patterson fan, but for some reason this book felt a little disjointed for me and part of the book felt too rushed with not enough information.

The book was almost solely about Lindsay and not much on Yuki, Cindy or Claire. I believe that when the four of them get together, the are unstoppable and who doesn't love powerful women fighting for what they believe in.

With two high profile cases on the burner and Lindsay being pregnant, this book heats up fast. There is someone out
Teri Sears
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've noticed a disturbing trend lately, at least with the fiction I've been reading: the stories in long-running series are getting worse instead of better. Much worse. The characters are developing in reverse, becoming increasingly less intelligent, and the stories are becoming less complex. It's like the writers are getting lazy, and have forgot what made these stories interesting enough to keep the fans coming back.

This disease seems to have infested The 11th Hour. We barely saw Yuki and Clai
Monnie
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Maybe because capable co-author Maxine Paetro once again has his back, this latest in Patterson's Women's Murder Club series carries on the tradition in fine fettle. It's always a treat to watch the interaction among the women - medical examiner Claire, district attorney Yuki, newspaper reporter Cindy and the "star" of the show, Lindsay the detective. It's a somewhat improbable group, as well as very PC as the foursome includes both a Black and an oriental woman.

This book centers on unearthing
Darcy
For some reason as I read/listened to this one it seemed like the characters weren’t the ones that we have gotten to know, none of them seemed to act how they did in the past. Lindsay, who was so reluctant to get married, seemed to only refer to Joe as “my husband”, which seemed odd to me. So did her reaction to what may or may not have happened with Joe. Usually Lindsay is reasonable, but her reaction wasn’t. She didn’t give Joe a chance to talk at all. I also hated how Cindy acted. She was aft ...more
Nancy Steinle gummel
11th Hour by James Patterson is another winner from old faithful Patterson. This is another tale with the women's murder club. This story starts out with a bang, literally as a drug dealer is assassinated in a school rest room. Next the police get a 911 call of their dead and gives the address. When police get there they find 2 heads arranged with floral garlands. Back at headquarters lieutenant Brady forms a committee for the assassin named Revenge and reveals they believe he is a cop. Lindsay ...more
Darlene Quinn
Jan 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Patterson is one of my favorite author's but The 11th Hour was no up to his usual standard. While he delivered his usual page turning plot, the relationship between Lindsay Boxer and Joe did not ring true. Most of Boxer's behavior was in character, however, Joe's reaction and lack of action regarding Lindsay's mistrust was not believable--out of character--and just plain annoying. I found Joe's lack of persistence with settling his pregnant wife's mistrust to be irritating rather than intriguing ...more
Skip
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-detective
Probably a 3.5. There are two series of murders assigned to Lindsay Boxer: a vigilante killing drug dealers, and two skulls found at the home of a famous movie star. A disgruntled cop is suspected in the former killings and even though the movie star does not live there, he has always been a suspect in the mysterious disappearance of his wife. The Women's Murder Club is back in action although the drama between a pregnant Lindsay and her husband is absolutely pathetic.
Πάνος Τουρλής
Στην 11η περιπέτειά της, η Γυναικεία Λέσχη Φόνων σηκώνει τα μανίκια και βοηθάνε όλες μαζί τη Λίνζι Μπόξερ να λύσει την υπόθεση με τα κομμένα κεφάλια που βρέθηκαν στον κήπο μιας αριστοκρατικής έπαυλης που ανήκει σ’ έναν διάσημο ηθοποιό του κινηματογράφου. Η δεύτερη υπόθεση που απαιτεί εξιχνίαση σε αυτό το βιβλίο είναι οι εκτελέσεις εμπόρων ναρκωτικών, οι οποίοι όπως όλα δείχνουν δολοφονούνται από αστυνομικό. Θα καταφέρει η Λίνζι Μπόξερ να εξιχνιάσει και αυτές τις υπόθέσεις;

Σε γενικές γραμμές, η σ
Marleen
If it weren’t for the extreme sympathetic characters, I wouldn’t read this series, because in all honesty, the plot-lines aren’t that excellent.
In the 11th Hour, Lindsay and her squad of the southern district of the SFPD face a vigilante who kills drug-dealers with stolen guns from the police evidence room. There’s no doubt this vigilante is a cop, but who. When their new Lieutenant (Brady, boyfriend of Yuki), suspects Warren Jacobi, Lindsay and Conklin are totally unconvinced but orders are ord
The Women's Myste...: 11th Hour 3 39 Jan 02, 2017 05:02PM
  • Fallen Flowers
  • What Doesn't Kill You (Catherine Ling, #2)
  • Backfire (FBI Thriller, #16)
  • Maximum Security (Marty Nickerson, #3)
  • Fireproof (Maggie O'Dell, #10)
  • Judgment Call (Joanna Brady, #15)
  • Boys Will Be Boys
  • Catch Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #6)
  • 15 Seconds
  • Down the Darkest Road (Oak Knoll, #3)
  • Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34)
  • Last to Die (Rizzoli & Isles, #10)
  • Bermuda Shorts
  • Severe Clear (Stone Barrington, #24)
  • V is for Vengeance (Kinsey Millhone, #22)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • XO (Kathryn Dance, #3)
  • The Lost Years
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Women's Murder Club (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1)
  • 2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, #2)
  • 3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, #3)
  • 4th of July (Women's Murder Club, #4)
  • The 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, #5)
  • The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6)
  • 7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)
  • The 8th Confession (Women's Murder Club, #8)
  • The 9th Judgment  (Women's Murder Club, #9)
  • 10th Anniversary (Women's Murder Club, #10)
“SECOND” 1 likes