Start by marking “Coltrain's Proposal” as Want to Read:
Coltrain's Proposal

Coltrain's Proposal (Long, Tall Texans #13)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  1,349 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Dr. Louise Blakely didn't want to love Jeb Coltrain. They were supposed to be partners, running the Jacobsville medical clinic together, but instead, he treated her like the enemy. And yet when Lou tells Jeb that she's leaving, he shocks her by proposing!

It wouldn't be a real marriage, of course...at least, that was Jeb's intent. Then he started to get to know Lou, to let
Published July 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Coltrain's Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coltrain's Proposal

willaful
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm kind of bummed I didn't like this more, because the characters were a little different for Palmer. Our heroine Lou is not only a doctor, but she's pretty smart and tough. And Palmer was obviously just going crazy with heroes around this time, because the previous title in the series had a blond and this one is a redhead! (Don't worry though, they're still major jerks. With hairy chests. And Stetsons. All is right in the Palmer world.)

So I kind of liked the characters and the chemistry was go
Astraycat
I was always curious about this couple's story because they appeared in most DP 's books whenever there were any needs of medical care, and I didn't realize they indeed had a book until today. Really admired h's personality cause she talked back when H treated her badly rather than endured him silently. H totally deserved it.
Sheila Melo
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Doctors in Love

THE STORY: Dr. Louise "Lou" Blakely and Dr. Jebediah "Copper" Coltrain have been partners in the Jacobsville medical clinic for almost a year. Despite the fact that he hired her, however, Copper has treated Lou as an outcast. She finally has had enough and has decided to leave, but Copper shocks her by refusing to allow her to resign and instead wants them to get married.

OPINION: I liked this book especially because of the professional relationship between Lou and Coltrain. The i
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Relido em 15 de junho de 2016

OGRE with hairy chest and cowboy hat + 2 bitches chasing the hero + in love with another woman + Virgin with family trauma = typical story of author

Coltrain's Proposal (Diana Palmer)
Most people around Jacobsville knew that Dr. Coltrain had as little use for his partner as he had for alcohol. He’d made it all too evident in the months she’d been sharing his practice.
==========
was a standing joke in the hospital staff that Louise Blakely ended up talking to herself eve
Chantal ❤️
Read this book a few times now. It's all about a woman doctor who moves to a small town to set up shop with the town "God" doctor. They can't seem to agree on anything but toy trains which featured in a lot of DP books after. They have a kid at the end and it would seem they would have a lot and maybe take time for it and each other but nope if you keep reading they their story in other books they just have the one and they are just doctors. I liked this book a lot better before I knew how they ...more
Marie
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coltrain's Proposal

Bintang 4.

Lou vs Jeb Coltrain

Lou tidak memahami situasi yang ada hampir 1 tahun menjadi partner di klinik dokter Coltrain. Sikap Coltrain yang sinis, galak dan memusuhinya tak dapat dipahaminya. Sampai pembicaraan yang seharusnya tak didengar oleh Lou. Mengetahui skandal yang pernah terjadi antara ayah Lou dan mantan tunangan Coltrain membuat Lou memahami posisi serta perasaan benci Coltrain pada dirinya. Tapi benarkah kemarahan Coltrain bersumber dari hal tersebut? Lou tidak
Deedee
Absolutely loved this book!! I love a good hero antagonist because he's a mean grouch. And a good heroine who could hold her own. Such a good book. It was funny in some parts and interesting in others. You get the gist of it in the description of the book.

Sidebar: Diana Palmer is one of my go to authors when I want a good light hearted book that will put a smile on my face and have me giggling like a little girl. I absolutely love her. And even though I haven't read a lot of books by her, I kno
Tonya Warner
Dr. Louise Blakely knows that Dr. Jebediah Coltrain can not stand her. Overhearing him saying just that makes her realize that even though she might love the man, she must leave.

Jeb has never understood why Lou always backed away from him. He knew that he had given her a hard time while working with her. But he had a difficult time getting past who her father was, and what he had done. He knows that Lou is keeping secrets from him, but he finds that she loves him, and he refuses to let her go.

A
Delitealex
Enjoyable quick read. I have read quite a few of the long tall Texans books and the Doctors Coltrain frequently make an appearance. I have been interested in seeing how they got together. I liked their chemistry together and how much each loved their careers.
Mandy Menasco
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Read, Love DP's books
Delia Aguipo
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two thumbs up!
Kathleen
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Estoy muy confundida por el orden de los libros a partir de este punto pero ya lograré ubicarme. Paso a ser mi favorito, hasta el momento me parece el más real. Pronto reseña en http://kathlr95.wix.com/esquinaliteraria
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Homens do Texas 14
Primavera de Amor
Diana Palmer
H. Destino 86
2008

Sou categórica, pra mim Jeb Coltrain é o segundo melhor mocinho da DP, só perde mesmo para, o meu amado, Cash Grier. Como Cash, Jeb está sempre aparecendo nas estórias dos Homens do Texas. E sempre fazendo seu melhor para a população de Jacobsville, pois é o médico mais requisitado da cidade.

Também adoro a Lou, ela como Jeb, é uma excelente profissional e provavelmente a mais querida pela população da pequena cidade. Apesar dos mal
Fanny Roswita Ria
Seperti novel Diana Palmer lainnya, ciri khasnya d tampilkan di novel ini. Lou, tokoh utama wanita, mencintai Coltrain, teman sejawatnya di RS tanpa menyadari kalau Coltrain tdk menyukai dirinya krn Ayah Lou menghamili tunangan Coltrain di masa lalu. Ketika Lou tahu hal itu, dia menyadari kalau cintanya thd Coltrain bertepuk sebelah tangan dan sia-sia.

Akhirnya Lou memutuskan utk resign dan memulai hidupnya ditempat lain sehingga ia bs melupakan Coltrain. Tetapi kejadiannya malah diluar dugaan, C
Amanda Sheila
Well, it's quite nice.

Jebediah Coltrain or we called him Copper, is a young doctor in Jacobsville. And he kind of hate his partner, Louise Balkeley. Mostly because Lou's father had an affair with Copper's fiancèe long time ago. He hate Lou until Lou find out the reason why and hand him her resignation letter..

I like the storyline, but there are some parts that bored me. I expect something more angsty but there's nothing more than hateful phonecall. So.. yeah.

Again, typical od Diana Palmer, en
Natalie
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diana Palmer's books are similar to comfort food for me. I know exactly what to expect when reading them although sometimes I have issues if the hero is too cruel to the heroine. Dr. Coltraine had reasons for being less than nice to Lou so I forgave him when he wised up. One of the ether Long Tall Texans books.
Desiree reilly
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second of the series and the little town of Jacksonville the doc
are suppose to get along.Louise Blakely came to the town to help with people
They were on shaky ground with Jeb she doe her work and he does not like ti
but when they fall in love with him but does not tell him . She was going
to leave and then Jeb found a way to keep her her trains
Debora
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ciri khas nya Diana Palmer tuh heroin2nya lemah sama pesona heronya. Tapi suka banget sama perang mulut antara Jeb sama Lou. Romantis banget, lucu, dan yang pasti heronya sukses bikin aku gerah berkepanjangan :P Love this one! ♡
Sandy
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would give this book 2 1/2 stars. I started liking it but somewhere in the middle I started disliking the guy. He was too arrogant for my tastes because all he kept saying was I know you love me I know you want me. A bit arrogant for me.
Spinneretta
Good.
Tukang Kueh Keren
kalo ini kisah cinta dokternya warga Jacobville :D
SaN~
May 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, harlequin
Tadinya sih mau kasi 2 bintang aja, tp krn SAM gw naekin 1 bintang lagi deh..
Ceritanya cukup simple n tipikal DP bgt dimana co n ce nya sm2 punya porsi nyebelin yg sama di wkt2 yg berbeda.. :P
Mackenzie
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LTT #14
GuisBell
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bueno
La cantidad de tiempo que ahorrarían con simplemente conversaran honesta y sinceramente en vez de dar malos entendidos y desperdiciar años de equívocos, que frustrante :C
Elizabeth
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this story. Two hard headed doctors finally let the walls down and learn the deepest sort of admiration and respect.
Sandra dewi
Feb 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
hhmm..........
Elora
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
kenapa datar?
Kaycee ❤️
My favorite Doctors in Diana Palmer's Long Tall Texan series! Loved them!
Amel Armeliana
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, harlequin
Definitely one of my favorite. Loved this book.
Luvs2dance
While I enjoyed reading this book, I'm not sure I was completely convinced about Jeb's feelings and how quickly he fell in love with Lou.
  • The Millionaire's Mistress
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • Her Royal Husband | Suamiku Sang Pangeran
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)
  • Pinangan Terselubung (The Baby Proposal)
  • Ayah Paro Waktu (Part-Time Father)
  • Jodoh Sang Jutawan Italia (Counts of Calvani , #2)
  • Tiger Prince
  • Dark Pursuit - Menggapai Cinta
  • The Royal Wedding Night (Royals, #3)
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • The Italian Boss's Secret Child
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan
  • An Officer and a Millionaire
  • Bride of His Choice - Pengantin Pilihan

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 48 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, Tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)