Start by marking “Cool Colleges: For the Hyper-Intelligent, Self-Directed, Late Blooming, and Just Plain Different” as Want to Read:

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Fully revised since the first edition, COOL COLLEGES covers the most exciting schools in the U.S. and Canada, with a new chapter on eco schools, an update on tuition-free schools, and the total low-down on the so-called top-ranked schools. Are you hyper-intelligent? Self-directed? A late-bloomer? Or just different? Then you need a great school that will challenge, nurture, ...more
Published June 29th 2011 by Ten Speed Press (first published August 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Cool Colleges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cool Colleges

Peter Stern
Lots of scraps of paper with very interesting perspective, notes, factoids pasted together in a hard-to-figure-out definitely not linear narrative.
Brent Barnard
Oct 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you know anyone who is approaching the decision of where to go to college, I HIGHLY recommend this book. Actually, for anyone, it's great just learning about all the fascinating types of colleges there are out there. Of course, the best decision for most folks would be to go to a small Christian liberal arts college, but if you go anywhere else, you should check out the creative options Asher discusses. And he's funny, too! Hilarous! I wish he'd write another book on colleges!
Christina
Dec 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina by: Mom
Cool Colleges is probably one of the best college guide books out there. It's funny, which means I don't loose focus, and it has a very different take on colleges. While I didn't apply to any of the colleges in this books, I did enjoy reading it, which pleased my mom to no end.
Michelle
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: homeschooling
This was a fun and different look at choosing a college. The author has a real sense of humor and along with interesting information, has included some very funny material. We didn't find a LOT of new colleges to look at but did find some corroborating information.
Jacqui Hawkins
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have a child that learns differently or wants more than the traditional college campus experience, this book is for you.
Whitney
Aug 12, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
exciting stuff!
Rosanne
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I would have read this when I was 14, 15 or 16. I had no idea there were so many different choices for college.
Stefanie
Jan 16, 2016
Michelle Ruiz
Nov 07, 2017
Ariadne
rated it did not like it
Apr 21, 2013