Start by marking “The Sheriff's Runaway Bride (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sheriff's Runaway Bride (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #2)

The Sheriff's Runaway Bride

(Rocky Mountain Heirs #2)

Runaway Bride Caught!

When Kylie Jones catches her fiance kissing another girl moments before the wedding, she runs. Smack–dab into the new deputy sheriff, who knows her former fiance all too well. Kylie is deeply touched that Zach Clayton understands— more than she ever expected. The handsome cop is in their tiny Colorado town only to fulfill a family obligation, and then
Published August 1st 2011 by Love Inspired (first published July 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Sheriff's Runaway Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheriff's Runaway Bride

Start your review of The Sheriff's Runaway Bride (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #2)
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, christian
I picked this up after a recommendation from a friend. I have to say I wasn't impressed. The romance was pretty cute, but the rest of the story fell flat.
There are TONS of characters that flit in and out of the story with little introduction. I am guessing this is my fault for picking up book #2 in a series....not that they are labeled that way on the books (BUT, they are on goodreads!)
The whole reason Zach came home was left open ended....um, ok? I guess the author is expecting us to keep read
Sharon
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet story but a little preachy for my taste.
Pam
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Christian romance.
Pam Jackson-gorsline
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Runaway bride

This is a good story with many twists and turns that keeps you reading. The characters were well developed and likeable
Tiara
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars. Cute read. A little difficulty in the beginning to keep up with so many minor characters, but the story was a page turner. I'm sure I'll get to the other books in this series
J.
Jul 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A book starting with a bride running out of the church, away from her cheating groom, and into the arms of the new sheriff in town automatically has a level of heightened expectation. In addition, The Sheriff’s Runaway Bride is the second in the “Rocky Mountain Heirs” series, following a stellar start by Linda Goodnight’s The Nanny’s Homecoming. Would the second installment be as good as the first? Arlene James had her work cut out for her and rises to the challenge by presenting an excellent st ...more
Angel
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
February 15

The story flowed better than the first book, especially the whole church and community thing was better placed in this book ..
Unlike the first one where it felt forced and didn't add much to the story ..
I'm going to read the rest of the series because I'm really intrigued by how the story would play out, and how it would end for everyone!
Judy
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Sheriff's Runaway Bride by Arlene James
Book 2 in the Rocky Mountain Heirs Series
Zach Clayton has come back to Clayton, Colorado to honor the stipulation in his grandfather's will, to have all six grandchildren return to Clayton and stay at least one year before they inherit land and money. He was able to take the Deputy Sheriff job as Digger's has just retired. His first day back and he rescues a fleeing bride, who for good reason has had a change of heart. And he would gladly help this beau
Brandy
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Same with 'The Nanny's Homecoming'.....I LOVED EVERYTHING about this book!!!!.....LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT this book, the characters.....LOVED Brooke Clayton's brother, Sheriff Zach Clayton and Kylie Jeanne Jones, who was introduced in 'The Nanny's Homecoming' (the first of the Rocky Mountain Heirs series)....I adored the way Zack and Kylie were introduced to each other....With Kylie literally running straight into new Clayton sheriff, Zack Clayton's arms in her wedding dress....Running out on her ...more
Mnms
Apr 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Underneath layers of religious babble is a rather simple story that pretends to be more than it is. It has a lot of references to what i suspect is the authors other stories, but all in all I just ended up feeling annoyed and impatient.
I did like the characters and the language though, when they weren't going on about something religious.
Desiree
Mar 14, 2012 rated it liked it
The only thing I don't like about this book, and others in this series, is that there are some mystery/unsolved portions of the book that don't get resolved till the last book, so with as short of book this one it, I just found it to be annoying.
Phyllis Swain
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kylie Jones catches her fiance' kissing another girl minutes before their wedding. She runs from the church straight into the new deputy sheriff, Zach Clayton, her fiance's cousin, and eventually finds true love with him.
Melody
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-inspired
I bought this book because I liked the title, and I wasn't disappointed. It speaks to me and my love of happy endings that after a relationship not working, that a better one comes along at just the right time. :)
Patriciaw
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the Rocky Mountain Heirs series was a fun read. Zach's story. Like that very early on, the hero and heroine were aware of their attraction to each other and wanted to be together. Conficts were more circumstances than angst, making it a lighter, enjoyable read.
Linnette
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loved this story!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rocky Mountain Heirs
Manna_Sue
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Meh. It was there, I was bored, it didn't suck.
Lynsay
Great continuation. love the hint of mystery/suspense in the background.
Karen
Aug 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kylie runs from Vincent after she catches him with a friend right before their wedding. Zach happens to be the new lawman in town who ends up protecting her. Sweet!
Karen
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable book..The second in the series and it's very uplifting and intriquing..
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rocky Mountain Heirs
Paula
Feb 07, 2015 added it
Just a fun book to chase away the winter blah's.
Joyce Beckett
Dale Vehorn
May 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 18, 2015 09:16AM

• A Place to Call Home (Mirror Lake, #1)
  • Love Finds a Home (Mirror Lake, #2)
  • Yuletide Hearts (Men of Allegany County, #4)
  • A Family to Cherish (Men of Allegany County, #5)
  • Mended Hearts (Men of Allegany County, #3)
  • A Moment in Time (Lone Star Brides, #2)
  • Embracing Her Ever After
  • Remember Courage (Healing Hearts #5)
  • A Sensible Arrangement (Lone Star Brides, #1)
  • Spying on the Billionaire
  • Tempting the Billionaire
  • A Lifetime with You (Timeless Brides #1)
  • Conversely Matched
  • Heir of the Curse (The Kyona Chronicles)
  • Handfasted to You (Timeless Brides #2)
  • Enchanted by You (Timeless Brides #3)
  • The Pinkerton Matchmaker (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #0.5)
  • An Agent for Lucy (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #1)
Arlene James has written romance for three decades, and has published 75+ novels. A mother of two wonderful sons and now a happy grandmother to the brightest of all grandchildren, she is finding her fifth decade to be great fun.

She and her very supportive husband of 35 years (whom she agreed to marry on their first date!) enjoy a busy social life and particularly delight in traveling. They have v

Rocky Mountain Heirs (6 books)
  • The Nanny's Homecoming (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #1)
  • The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Lady (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #4)
  • The Loner's Thanksgiving Wish (Rocky Mountain Heirs #5)
  • The Prodigal's Christmas Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #6)

News & Interviews