Start by marking “How to Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's Room” as Want to Read:
How to Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's Room

How to Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's Room

Welcome to My World…

I’m an author of chick lit romances and mysteries. In my spare time I’m Wonder Woman! My world is sometimes wacky, quirky, and very accident-prone.

This is a collection of five humorous short stories – what I like to call true fiction. Some are true, some are fiction, and some are a mixture of both. I guess you have to decide which is which!

I often get
Published June 26th 2011

To ask other readers questions about How to Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's Room

Start your review of How to Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's Room
Sally
Jun 29, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a quick, fun read that kept me smiling (and, at times, laughing out loud) from beginning to end. Even though I tend to break up short story collections, allowing time for one story to process before starting the next, the dog and I curled up in our favourite easy chair last night and read this from cover to cover.

Okay, so I did more reading than the dog, but she did look up every time I laughed!

Anyway, these are short stories – anecdotes, almost, in some cases – that remind me of the wi
wordsandmusic
Jul 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
Some of these 5 tales were so short as barely to be stories at all, more undeveloped outlines of situations, and many of the pages were samples of the author's other books. At least it enabled me to decide that this author's work is not for me.
Christy
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Thank goodness it was free. The reviewers said it was laugh out loud funny. I didn't. At all.
Beth
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Laugh Out LOUD funny! I SO needed a good laugh and Sibel's story telling was perfect and her antics, priceless! Defintely Chick Lit, totally high school crass and hysterical!
Kelley
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2011
I was expecting a bunch of short stories. Not multiple first chapters to books.
Candy
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I believe this author was giving this book and I saw it on Twitter. Maybe I bought it. I don't remember how I found it, but I did earlier this month and grabbed it because... okay, because I liked the title, okay? I mean, seriously!

These are a few short stories and all were fun and light and would be perfect to sit out on the beach or by the pool, chill out and read for a bit while ignoring your children and trying to lose yourself in something that makes you forget that you have sand creeping
Angela Holtz
Sep 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
From: Lilac Wolf and Stuff

Cute cover! It's one of the reasons I enjoy chick-lit, the colorful and cartooney covers.

Now Sibel Hodge mentions in the Author's Note that these books are unrelated. Some are true and some aren't...that's the clue! I forgot because they are all written from the 1st person. I was 3 stories in and feeling really confused before I remembered. So - just letting you know up front, read each story as it's own separate work.

The stories themselves are all quick and fun. I thin
Chris Longmuir
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
As a dark crime fan I don't read much Chicklit, but I started reading this book of short stories by Chicklit author Sibel Hodge, and couldn't put it down. I finished it the same day I started reading it, and don't think I stopped laughing from beginning to end. Sibel includes quite a variety in this short book. there were stories about boyfriends, yoga, holidays, goats, smear tests and even a chocolate recipe. However, my favourite was 'The S-Word and the Lady Garden', I almost did myself a dama ...more
Naomi
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sibel calls this book a series of short stories. They aren't! How to Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's Room is really a series of written out stand up comic routines. I was really happy that no one was home when I read this because there were moments that I was laughing out loud at "stories" which any woman, married, single or whatever you want to call your status, could relate to! There are about 4 short stories with the rest of the book being dedicated to describing Sibel's other works. Normall ...more
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is a collection of hysterical, laugh-out-loud short stories told as only Sibel can.

I really enjoyed these. Each story was screamingly funny with my significant other rolling his eyes at me each time I guffawed. 'Reading another Sibel are you? Say no more!' he said. My favourites were 'The S-Word and the Lady Garden', because it is especially relevant to me and 'Kismet' because it was both sweet and funny at the same time.

All in all yet another winner by Sibel who is fast becoming my favouri
Darcysmom
Aug 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Sibel Hodge has a breezy, easy to read writing style. I enjoyed getting a peek into her head in these short stories. The stand out story was definitely the title story. It was clever and fun and I loved the ending - vindication for the protagonist at its best.
I felt a little cheated though - the majority of the book was teasers for other novels. However, because I was able to download it for free on my Kindle, I really can't complain about that too much. How to Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's R
Traci Hohenstein
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a great summer read, then pick up this book of hilarious short stories. I'm a big fan of Sibel Hodge, and if you have read any of her novels, you will definitely like this collection of short stories. Hodge knows how to write a good short story - one that reads like a full novel with feel-good characters and great plot lines - which is hard to emulate although other authors lately have tried. I enjoyed every story from beginning to end and look forward to reading her next ...more
Shyanne
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh what to say, what to say? I thought this book was really funny, and I also got to read it through e-book, so I got the review and everything. It has 5 short stories, and it's basically a comedy/chick lit book. All I can say is if you like those types of books, and if you're mature [haha :)], then you should read this.
Lisa Lim
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast, fun and frothy read. I found myself chuckling out loud many times and just zipping through the pages. Sibel Hodge has perfect comedic timing and this collection of short stories does not disappoint!
Joanne
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sibel-hodge
'How To Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's room' is hilarious. The five short stories are a very quick read that had me laughing out loud. My favourite is 'The S-Word and the Lady Garden'. I will be reading the book again whenever I need a quick pick-me-up.
Gina
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Gina by: Book Club
Laugh out loud hilarious!!! This was the best short story book ever! I will definitely be reading more of Sibel's books!!

**added later

I also just purchased one of her novels which looks just as funny as the short stories! One of the Masters's of the Genre!
Book-shelf Shelf
Sep 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Brilliant short stories that will have you giggling a lot. Some of them you may recognise your life situations. At less than a pound it is handy to have on your Kindle/Phone or PC for when you need a short story to keep you occupied for a 10 minutes
Pamela
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
These short stories give the reader a little insight into Sibel Hodge's sense of humor. With laugh-out-loud "fun", she is definitely high up on the list of chick-lit authors. Now if you will excuse me, on to Ms. Hodge's third book . . .
Samantha
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious and a very quick read. I can't wait to read more by this author.
Dianne
Aug 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Now this was funny. Pretty much reminded me of my sister when she was doing on line dating.
Karen
Aug 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Read these short stories on my Kindle.....hated to see them come to an end. Hilarious! Would like to read more by this author.
Isabel
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Great read, really funny, will ready again & looking for more books by Sibel Hodge ...more
Jo
Sep 03, 2011 added it
Shelves: humorous-fiction
A few short stories and intro chapters to her novels. Good writing, Brit chick lit. Funny.
Victoria
Sep 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Pretty fun... the first few stories sounded like they were being told by a female, less-perverted version of Tucker Max. Wish they had been longer!
Wendy T
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was hilarious.
Carol Wyer
Nov 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
A nice light-hearted fun read that gave me quite a few giggles and snickers. Enjoyed it enough to seek out some more books by this gfunny lady.
Carole
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books, freebie
Super funny vignettes!! Seriously, these are laugh-out-loud funny. I can see a stand-up comic doing these as part of a routine.
Sandy
Nov 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Not hilarious, but I did chuckle a few times. I thought it would be funnier. I did give it an extra star because of the little bit after the stories that talked about chick-lit, what it is and why people love it. The extra star was thanks because I now finally understand why I'm not a fan of chick-lit.
Faith Mortimer
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well Ms Hodge, you've certainly gone and done it again! A fun little book complete with anecdotes, short stories and don't let's forget the fab chocoholic recipe! Delicious!

Sibel has a real talent to amuse, as a famous writer once said (Noel Coward). Witty, acerbic and straight up my street!

Don't take up another day job! This is great fun.
Dierdra McGill
This book is a couple or fun light chick lit short's. I enjoyed the stories and I enjoyed the writing but I have to say it annoyed me that more of the book was the first chapters for OTHER books that took up more room then the short's did.

• The Partner
  • Various Pets Alive and Dead
  • Knuckleball (One Eye Press Singles)
  • The White Tiger
  • The Cockroach
  • The Riddle of the Third Mile (Inspector Morse, #6)
  • The Illuminations
  • X (Kinsey Millhone, #24)
  • Rogue Lawyer (Rogue Lawyer, #1)
  • Gray Mountain
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
  • My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite, #1)
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)
  • Collateral Damage (Stone Barrington, #25)
  • Lost
  • The Debriefing
  • The Liberation

Sibel Hodge is the author of the #1 Bestsellers Look Behind You, Untouchable, and Duplicity. Her books have sold over one million copies and are international bestsellers in the UK, USA, Australia, France, Canada and Germany. She writes in an eclectic mix of genres, and is a passionate human and animal rights advocate.

Her work has been nominated and shortlisted for numerous prizes, including the H