Start by marking “The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)

The Rising

(Darkness Rising #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  22,515 ratings  ·  1,637 reviews
The race for survival comes to a thrilling conclusion in the heart-stopping finale to the Darkness Rising trilogy, from #1 New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong.

All they have is the name and numbe
Hardcover, First Edition, 406 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Rising, please sign up.
ginger It wouldn't have done anything. The only reason she adds in the characters from there is because they are the kids from the Genesis project. There s n…moreIt wouldn't have done anything. The only reason she adds in the characters from there is because they are the kids from the Genesis project. There s nothing that they really do for the plot. They just help out a little bit.(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2013
1,574 books — 11,012 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,490 books — 12,177 voters

More lists with this book...

·  22,515 ratings  ·  1,637 reviews

Start your review of The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)
Eve
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
Woah woah woah that was awesome.

IT'S OVEEERRR *sobs*

What a great way to end such a great series. Kelley Armstrong, you're fantastic.

Just to get this out of the way: DEREK AND CHLOE AND SIMON AND TORI SHOWED UP AND EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL

description

The only reason why I did rate this book 4 stars instead of five was that it, surprisingly, started out slow for me. The first 70 or so pages were kind of lagging. The last half of the book, however, was everything I could've hoped for.

Add a cup of action, a
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
AFTER READING:
This book is most definitely the best book in the series!
So much happens in this book, many questions do get answered, and,yes, we get to see are friends from Darkest Powers again!
Was there anything I didn't like about this book? Not really, but there are some things that I wish we got to see more of.

1. Our friends from Darkest Powers.
They only appeared during the last 1/4 of the book. While I don't like how they weren't in the book as often as I hoped, I understand. We have al
Nina
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
For the first time EVER I'm hoping for a love triangle in the third book.

I love Daniel :)
description
Brie
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Why am I being punished for being a loyal fan who reads books as soon as they come out?
2013:(
Sandra
Yep, you've seen that right. I gave 3 stars to the last book in one of my top fav trilogy of all time, and also to one of my fav authors. I also gave 3 stars to a book i have been anticipating and dying to read for about a year. Disappointment won't describe how i feel, more like shock. And i don't mean 'shock' in a good kind of way. My hopes and believe in the author went straight to hell. It was like being slapped in the face, man.  photo tumblr_inline_mhz0bkA8qT1qz4rgp_zpsbc5cc861.gif

For those who don't know: The Rising is book 3 in the Dark
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Rising (Darkness Rising #3), Kelley Armstrong

The race for survival comes to a thrilling conclusion in the heart-stopping finale to the Darkness Rising trilogy, from author Kelley Armstrong. Things are getting desperate for Maya and her friends. Hunted by the powerful St. Clouds and now a rival Cabal as well, they're quickly running out of places to hide.

All they have is the name and number of someone who might be able to give them a few answers. Answers to why they're so valuable, and why th
Alicia
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Whoop! Can't wait to see Chloe and Derek again :D Also, can't wait to see what happens next /yearlonganticipation.

Love this cover :o !

/justfinished. OMG THAT WAS AWESOME *A* KJDSAKJDDJHSKJDSJDHS <3 !
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

That was AWFUL. Running around for 400 billion pages, all the info dumping, all the prolonged action sequences, all the forced romance (because EVERYONE has to tell us about Team Daniel as the two have ZERO chemistry) for THAT SHIT ENDING?!

NO STARS.

Full review to come when I am done doing damage to this waste of paper.

Full Review:

After the events of "The Calling", Maya, Daniel and Corey are in Vancouver on the run. They try to track down help and end up accidentally in contact with
Handoah
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK!!!!!!! If I had to choose only one book to read in 2013 it would have to be this one. I have waited two years to see Chloe, Derek, Simon, and Tori again. I loved those guys, and while I was happy with the ending, I was not satisfied.
Darkness Rising has been a good series. I love Rafe and Maya together and I love Daniel as well. I like the characters a lot in Darkness rising, but this trilogy doesn't have the amazing plots that Darkest Powers did. I loved t
Wendy Darling
I read this for Derek and Chloe. But even they couldn't resuscitate my interest in this series. Bleh. ...more
Maggie ☘
*2.75/5 stars*

Definitely better than book two. It took me some time to get into the plot, but I quite enjoyed the last part of this book. And the epilogue was so freaking sweet! I also liked how the ending was a more of a conclusion to The Darkest Powers series. We got to see the trio from that trilogy, I was especially glad about Chloe and Derek's comeback!

Amanda
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
These books are all amazeballs but can Maya stop lying/withholding info from Daniel. it's annoying and pointless. this is a spoiler if you haven't read the last book but...

Maya needs to tell Daniel and EVERYONE her suspicions about Nicole. Nicole can easily put them all in danger and could turn on them in a heartbeat and they all trust her. Maya needs to get over sparing Daniel's feelings and save their lives...yeah. It's not like Daniel can really blame himself because Nicole's a crazy person a
Ashley
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read this book! Love the cover, I like the Darkness Rising Trilogy but I miss the characters from The Darkest Powers Trilogy, and now that they are coming back I'm even more excited to read this book. Just Oh my gosh, it's been like two years since I finished TDP but I still remember all of them, I can't wait to read more about Chloe & Derek & Simon and the rest of the gang. I hope something good happens for Simon because he just got kinda dumped in the third book and nothing reall ...more
Page
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patti
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
I did not like this at all. So anti-climactic. And there probably won't be a continuation with Projects Valhalla and Thunderbird. There seemed to be a hint for future adult books but if it's from Maya's POV I won't be reading it. ...more
Thea
Sep 12, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cannot-wait
OH MY FREAAAAKIING GOSSH!!!!!!!!!!!
A YEAR????? (I'm gonna faint...)

i mean can we fans can have a preview? sample..? anything???
shit the suspense is killing meee!!

CHLOE AND (SUPER HOT WEREWOLF GUY)DEREK ARE GONNA SHOW UP!!(finally..)

it was the only thing that I'm looking forward to in this series...:)
first reading the gathering, comment: "uh... its ok..."
the calling: " its getting better atleast.."
the rising: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!! CHLOE AND DEREK ARE BAAAAAAAAAACK??? WTF!!!! YEEEEEEEE
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

This was the best book in the trilogy, that's not to say it was good, it was just okay for the most part. The main reason I gave it 3.5 stars was because The Darkest Power gang made an appearance and because I liked the ending… Not the romantic ending just the resolution between the bad guys (the Cabals/the Nasts/the St Clouds) and good guys (the teens - Maya, Chloe, Daniel…).

-I was disappointed that most of the story consisted of Maya and co running from the bad guys, gettin
Alyssa
Jul 03, 2012 added it
I can't wait for this book! I loved the darkest powers trilogy as well, even though I wanted there to be more then just three. I really like how she is mixing both of the stories... Can't wait for more Chloe and Derek! Perhaps both Maya and Chloe will both narrate? Hope so!
I feel as if Daniel actually loves Maya and that was part of the reason he wanted to break up with Serena. I guess we will find out. I really liked Rafe in the first, especially because he was all sexy and mysterious, but we
Anne
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kelly Armstrong is a great writer. That's why I can't bring myself to give this anything less than 4 stars. I just can't. The story is so darn well written!
Guh.
But I was terribly disappointed in the ending. Talk about going out with a Whimper instead of a Bang! Wow. Did that really happen? All I can say is that she's forgiven if she writes about these kids again once they are adults, because...come on!...really?

Ok, ok. If you haven't read this yet, let me explain. Everything does get neatly tied
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hopefully there's actually SOMETHING that happens in this book. All they did in the last one was just run around, get caught, escape, and then run around and get caught again. Oh wait, and then escape again.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Isa Lavinia

I make no secret that I loved Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers Trilogy, Chloe was an engaging protagonist and Derek was awesome, the plot was creepy, and addictive, and fun. So when The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1) was published I couldn't get it fast enough.

While set in the same universe (most of Armstrong's books are) it lacked... something. While the first series was able to avoid annoying YA clichés, the second one seemed to rely on them too much. The Mary-Sue protagonist with her
Kristy
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Let me first start by saying that I won this ARC through Kelley Armstrong's news letter. If you have not read any of her books I strongly recommend you do. Especially her Darkest Powers Trilogy and her Darkness Rising Trilogy. They are wonderful to get into and read. They keep you wondering what will happen next.

I will not get into to many details about this book because it will just give away all the secrets and ruin much of the book. Which I feel is the reason why Kelley Armstrong does not pos
Anushka
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Didn't like it, didn't hate so : 2.5 Stars

Out of everyone who has read The Rising till now I am the only one who hasn't given it 4 or 5 Stars. Guess I'm in the minority here.

This book was a continuation of the previous one, everyone was on the run the whole time. I think Kelly Armstrong is really fond of camping trips because this 6-books series was filled with it. And even though it was all so repetitive I enjoyed this series, I don't know why..but I did.

I have nothing much to say about t
Cesar
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it

4 stars

This book came out in 2013. I bought it that year. And I haven't read it until recently. 4 years. 4 years of me having every opportunity to read it but haven't. I finally started it two days ago and am now finished.

Do you ever have those moments when you say, "I'm going to read that book." And then never read it until after a few years? That's me. I really don't have much of an excuse other than I had other books to read and I forgot what transpired in the last two books. But I told myse
Kathy
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
I would just like to say Kelley Armstrong has been stringing me along since I read the second book of darkest powers and realized it didn't come out for another year. This series gives me a mild heart attack every time I finish each book. ...more
Shy
Jun 30, 2012 marked it as to-read
I hope to see Chloe and Derek back in this trilogy. April.. why are you so far away?
Alla
Not as exciting as the previous two in the series, but a good conclusion to the story.
Ashley
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The Rising - 3 Stars Here lies my dilemma with this book: I don't think I'm being fair with it. I'd had such high hopes for Darkness Rising series because I absolutely loved Darkest Powers series. Normally, I try not to compare books like that, even if they are by the same author, because if you really like one book, the other just isn't going to rise to the challenge, especially reading them back to back. This goes back to my "the sequel is never quite as good" principle. It's just that this se ...more
After loving the first 2 books and recommending Kelley Armstrong to people as, "the best at YA supernatural romance," I was unhappily disappointed in this book.

To begin with, a lot of the dialogue was just dumb. "Did she just call me cute?" "Did you just flirt with my boyfriend?" Give me a break.

The whole conclusion where they decide to give in and surrender basically...it does seem like the smart thing to do but only because the scary enemies have been replaced by different family members that
Chloe Saunders and Ashton 3 61 Sep 15, 2015 07:50PM
wasnt it weird? spoilers 4 64 Sep 15, 2015 07:44PM
SPOILERS: The Love Triangle 11 186 Sep 15, 2015 07:43PM
Crazy for Young A...: The Rising (Darkness Rising #3) by Kelley Armstrong → Start Date: June 18, 2014 16 23 Jun 21, 2014 08:16PM
So what did everyone think... (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) 9 150 Dec 23, 2013 08:45PM
IS KAT IN IT 6 82 May 15, 2013 10:07AM
YA & TEENS BOOKTALK: The Rising by Kelley Armstrong (#3) 1 21 Apr 28, 2013 09:49AM

• Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • Endure (Need, #4)
  • Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1)
  • Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • Reverence (Significance, #3.5)
  • Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
  • Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
  • My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
  • Captivate (Need, #2)
  • Red Fox Road
  • Entice (Need, #3)

Darkness Rising (3 books)
  • The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)
  • The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)

News & Interviews

“We'll meet you here. Hopefully everyone will be in human form." A wry smile. "Though I'll warn you, he's not a whole lot more pleasant that way. At least as a wolf, he can't talk.” 30 likes
“I need to get ready. Ash? Touch the food and I won't take you for a driving lesson tomorrow. Dad? Touch it and I'll make you take him for a driving lesson tomorrow."

Dad backed away from the counter. Ash scowled. I laughed and continued upstairs.”
22 likes