Start by marking “Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Secrets” as Want to Read:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Secrets

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Secrets

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  192 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Tips, tricks, and little-known methods used by professional SEO consultants to rank in some of the most competitive search phrasesSearch engine optimization (SEO) is the process of creating, formatting and promoting web pages in a manner that ensures that they are ranked highly for chosen keyword phrases after a user performs a Web search. This unique book taps the relativ ...more
Published March 21st 2011 by Wiley (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Secrets, please sign up.

Danny Dover As another writer of an SEO book, I think you should read as many top performing SEO books as you can. For my research for writing this book, I read…moreAs another writer of an SEO book, I think you should read as many top performing SEO books as you can. For my research for writing this book, I read the top 6 books on the subject.(less)

Kathy Long
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My favorite SEO book!
Huy
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this book together with The Art of SEO. And I consider they're definitely worth reads. Judging the published date of the book, it looks outdated. However, it's one of the complete best books on the market about on page SEO. And though there have been many changes, most of these stuff will still stand true. Danny Dover stated that his book was for a person who did a job as an SEO consultant. So, at least a third of the book goes elaborating what an SEO consultant needs to do, how to do a S ...more
Robert Gulbahce
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the only book on SEO i've ever read, and as the subject area is new to me I can only give a non-expert opinion and say that the coverage was very extensive and well written. It's not often that you can take a single book about a subject (especially a subject related to the Internet) and leave feeling that you are sufficiently well versed to help others in the area as well. I'm sure the skills will come handy one day..
Mark Pedersen
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Probably one of the better books on the subject which is still partly relevant considering its age. It's not a secret most SEO books are oudated before they are printed, and the parts that usually stay the same are the title and meta tags everyone already knows about. This has a little something else too.
Sue
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read this book in January while out of town. Came home and bought my own copy. Will read it again soon. Lots of great, accessible advice and tips in this book. Must read for folks trying to improve their search page position and ranking!
Vasilena
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fic
Excellent summary of SEO principles for SEO pros. Might be on the advanced level for organizations that don't maintain SEO efforts daily, but after the introductory book (available as pdf) this should be pretty accessible.
Ryan Alfaddaghi
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
simple and straight forward. this will be a book that you refer back to and can be used as a guide to SEO. the author is also very honest and doesn't sugar coat that it's a lot of work.
Joe
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The best cohesive, logical, entertaining summary of all of SEO I've read so far
Paul Hewitt
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cghcfhj
What Is SEO?
This is a common question that most people especially those who are either new or not familiar with online marketing might be asking localseowiz.co.uk . SEO stands for search engine optimization. In layman's language, it the process of capturing traffic from the search engines such as Google listings. Through this read, I am going to give you facts about the SEO business, current market status of SEO as well as the future projections in this field.

The Major SEO Players
Like any othe
Koen Verbrugge
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Een zeer goed geschreven boek over Seo. Excellent in aanvulling op het technische 'Art of SEO'. De focus eerder op de rol/werkwijze van een SEO-consultant dan op Seo an sich. Wat het boek de nodige meerwaarde oplevert.

Het boek bevat tips voor zowel snelle als grondige audits, voorbeelden voor rapportages en zelfs tips voor op conferenties.
Natuurlijk bevat dit boek de grondregels van 'wat' goede SEO is, maar het gaat evenzeer over het 'hoe'.
De schrijver was jarenlang een SEOconsultant en is dan
Jeni
Apr 13, 2016 rated it liked it
The book was fine, but I don't know that I realized it was going to be a textbook. Also, while I learned a lot, I'm still a beginner when it come to SEO, so some of it was overwhelming/over my head.

At the end, it also showed a flaw in books written about digital fields. Things change fast on the internet, Flickr (or Facebook) is no longer the picture website, that would be Instagram. And Twitter has long past been the "new" big thing.
Vaibhav
Jun 29, 2011 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
this for reading
Ghira
Nov 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little "techy", but VERY informative.
Deepak Shah
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a recommendation from Avinash Kaushik and it was worth the time. Sure, most SEOs do not and will not share everything and neither shall they admit. But Danny was impressive. He made no two bones about how SEOs do manage to rank keywords that are in super-blackhat niches. Like selling enhancement drugs. What I further liked about him is his commitment to checklists and testing.

I have seen many old school SEOs, and some exceedingly good ones. I am convinced the ones that are more success
Brian Davis
Apr 14, 2012
Lukas Hruby
Mar 19, 2015
Naval Roy
rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2017
  • Convert!: Designing Web Sites to Increase Traffic and Conversion
  • Search Engine Optimization for Dummies
  • SEO Search Engine Optimization Bible
  • Advanced Google AdWords
  • Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating SEO, Social Media, and Content Marketing
  • Pro Html5 Programming: Powerful APIs for Richer Internet Application Development
  • Professional WordPress: Design and Development
  •  Crafting Rails Applications: Expert Practices for Everyday Rails Development
  • CSS Pocket Reference
  • The Marketing Agency Blueprint: The Handbook for Building Hybrid PR, Seo, Content, Advertising, and Web Firms
  • Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics
  • Building Findable Websites: Web Standards, Seo, and Beyond
  • Web Analytics: An Hour a Day
  • HTML5: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Web Development
  • Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions
  • CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standards Solutions

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
In 2010, Danny Dover assigned a deadline of May 25, 2017, to his life. He was tired of hearing about other people's exciting lives and decided to jump-start his own by taking steps to actually live as if the end was in sight. He tattooed his deadline on his butt and made the sole purpose of his life to complete his Life List (a list of more than 150 life goals). While pursuing his list, he inadver ...more
More about Danny Dover...