Start by marking “Bringing Him Home” as Want to Read:
Bringing Him Home

Bringing Him Home

Jared knew that looking for a man to love was pointless because he’d never be able to bring him home. But one chance meeting and one hot night with Kyle had Jared seriously trying to figure out if he really had to live by the rules of someone else’s intolerance.

Torn between wanting Kyle and facing the narrow-mindedness of a small country town, Jared didn’t know what to do
Published July 26th 2011 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Bringing Him Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bringing Him Home

A.B. Gayle
Recently, Penny Brandon, a friend and fellow author had this book panned on Goodreads with a few 2 star reviews. As her first published book, “Blind Passion”, rated much better and her Goodreads free summer short story was well received, I wondered why.

After reading the book and checking the comments made, I found I agreed with the majority of them. The criticisms mainly referred to impossible coincidences, misunderstandings, plot holes and an unrealistic recovery time after a car accident.

What
Wave
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
An unlikely and unrealistic plot, but who needs a plot when there is hot and frequent sex? :(

There is much about this book that was unrealistic, starting with Kyle’s accident. He was run over by a car and dragged several meters underneath it and the car’s back wheel rolled over his chest but the laptop he was holding saved him from certain death. His injuries were bruised ribs, a broken ankle, and a severe concussion. However, a few days later he was having vigorous sex with Jared which seemed t
Ami
My first story of Penny Brandon will be her contribution to the M/M Romance Group's Hot Summer Days. I like that one enough to try this novel. Unfortunately, this is MEH.

The push and pull issue just doesn't work:

1) Jared questioning Kyle's intention about staying or going, thinking to himself that he WANTS Kyle to stay but also seems to be reluctant to let the world know about them being a couple (most of the times I just think he's stupid)

and

2) Kyle's fear of the reaction from the town he grow
Nic
Oct 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, zz-amazon-yes
Jared, a trucker returning home, meets the man of his dreams at a road side service station. A coincidental meeting (yes, it was highly unlikely) that forces Kyle to address his past and Jared to make some decisions about his own future.

This is a story of small town bigotry that had caused both Kyle and Jared to hide their sexuality. For Jared, although accepted by his family, he fears for the impact on his fledgling business. For Kyle, his own parents couldn't accept who he was.

There were a cou
Beck
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I first read the sample for this book I was so excited to read a love story set in Australia that I downloaded it straight away. Although I enjoyed the book it wasn't a great read. I found the character of Kyle so weak & insincere that I almost felt that he didn't deserve the HEA. I did like Jared tho' so his character earned the stars for this story. Another major let-down for me was the Americanisation of the book. All the spelling was American which is really annoying. Also, I found ...more
Susan65
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Phaney
Mar 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

This one was fairly good. A simple, strong story. It was all about emotions, and yet it still had too much sex for my taste. Granted, I’ve read worse (i.e. a higher sex/non-sex ratio in a book than here) and also in this case at least the emotional side worked in tandem with it. Yeah, the sex really did work here; not a thing felt off about it. It just took up too much of the story. Guess I’ve come full circle and appreciate less of a focus on sex again.

Hm, small-town Australia. It’s
Enny
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
I loved Blind Passion by the same author so I was really looking forward to this one. Unfortunately it turned out to be a huge disappointment. The characters alternated constantly between hot and cold and after a while that became confusing and frustrating. The highly unlikely circumstance that Jared bought the house Kyle used to live in as a child even though they met hundreds of miles from that town, the fact that Kyle ended up with nothing but a couple of broken ribs after a car’s back wheel ...more
Mandy Beyers
These two drove me crazy with their lack of communication - oh, wait! Men... never mind...

Once the facts started to become clearer about Kyle's past, the niggling annoyance in the back of my brain began to disappear and I liked the rest of the story :)
Isha
Apr 15, 2014 rated it liked it
There were way too many unsure thoughts and moments of bad communication. Their relationship would have been way smoother, if they would have opened their mouths (to communicate). Lol. Overall, the book was okay.
Brittany
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ha Jared calls Kyle cupcake! Idk why but i find that really funny!
Ashley
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
There was something about this book that just didn't do it for me — which actually surprises me because I loved her first book "Blind Passion". In all honesty, it was hard for me to finish the book because at some point it just completely lost my interest. That being said, the writing wasn't bad, I think perhaps, it was more so the plot. I won't let this book discourage and will definitely keep an eye out for future works by this author and perhaps, I will reload this eBook on my nook and give i ...more
Page Crusherz
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Penny Brandon's first novel, and I had high hopes, but it was a 3.5 for me. Some unreasonable plot twists...but more alarming was that I was half way through it when I realized I had already read it. On the positive side, I still wanted to finish it again, but I was disappointed that it took me so long for these guys to jog my memory (and it was a crazy plot twist that made me remember.) I think there was a lot of possibility, but it didn't quite give me what I hoped for.

Recommended.
Pam
I really had trouble with this one. Both guys were interesting and I had hopes with their relationship but it just never seemed to come together for me. I liked them as a couple and the expression of their fear on living in the small town but I suddenly found myself skimming in the middle and lost interest. The ending isn't bad and I liked how they combined their lands to form a personal and professional partnership.
Vio
Jared and Kyle were exasperating, by the time I reached the end it was all too tiresome and I'd had enough. Too many ongoing issues and most of them were unbelievable. It was difficult to find it enjoyable.
jules0623
Jun 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: relationship-m-m
See some of the earlier reviews for feedback as they've said it far better than I could have.
Cheryl
Apr 13, 2012
Penny Wilder
Apr 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Penny is a complete romantic who believes everyone can fall in love if only they’ll open their heart to the possibility, which is why she writes those hot, erotic stories that will always have a happily ever after. However, it doesn’t mean she’ll necessarily make it easy for her men to get there. A lover of things that go bump in the night, Penny’s imagination can sometimes run riot, so magic mirr ...more