Start by marking “Oxford Thương Yêu” as Want to Read:
Oxford Thương Yêu

Oxford Thương Yêu

Truyện dài lấy bối cảnh tại trường đại học Oxford - Anh xoay quanh mối tình của cô sinh viên Việt Nam và người trợ giảng Bồ Đào Nha, với một kết thúc có hậu.

“Oxford thương yêu” lôi cuốn người dọc bằng những đoạn tả cảnh thiên nhiên tuyệt đẹp, những quan niệm sống cởi mở và hướng thiện của một lớp thanh niên trưởng thành trong giai đoạn đất nước được đổi mới.

Ở nhiều đoạn, t
Published February 2014 by NXB Trẻ (first published January 1st 2007)

Start your review of Oxford Thương Yêu
Quỳnh Đỗ
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a book which reminds me of all the amazing feelings when I first fall in love with someone..
This is the only reason why I liked it so much...
Simple, sweet, romantic, though a little bit easy to guess what will happen next...
I still love what I am reading..
I still enjoy from the first moment I picked up this book to the time when I put it down and filled full of happiness deep down inside my heart so that I cant utter a single word..
What a romantic novel!!!
Thanks a lot for a wonderful readin
Thủy Nguyễn
I couldn't understand why Duong Thuy got so many praises. Her novel is lengthy and schmaltzy. I am not satisfied with the way she turned the characters from hatred to falling in love. Though the setting seems to be westernized, all the characters I found in this story is Vietnamese alike. Maybe I am a pragmatic person, but I don't think a strong, strict man like Fernado, who highly appreciates efficiency, could spend time teaching Kim from the simplest things.
However, thanks to the novel, I can
David Tanen
I picked up this book while in Vietnam last summer as one of the few that was written in Vietnamese and translated into English. Cute book about how difficult it can be for any student to succeed in a foreign culture.
Tâm
Apr 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, romance
Too unrealistic, shallow characters and a huge disappointment in general.
Son Nguyen
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A lovely short story on UK's student study life and love life. I feel really intriguing and inspiring with the student life in UK and how they cope with difficulties and culture shock :), and most importantly, I like the imaginative stories of Kim and Fernando.
Hong Trang
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
As good as it should be - i remembered I read it when I just graduated and dreamed of a prince on white horse :)

Mơ về hoàng tử cưỡi bạch mã những ngày thơ. :)
Lan Bui
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite novel when I still was a highschool student.
Steven Brooks
Sep 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book inspired some nostalgia as my partner is Vietnamese and I can accredit her with many of the same attributes carried by the protagonist. The story itself didn't do much for me, but the way it was translated into English was awful. There were adverbs everywhere that added absolutely no value to the story at all.

Bottom line - I couldn't wait to get to the end, but not because I was dying to find out what happened.
Trần Thiên Thanh
This book tells a romantic love that I want to dip myself in this love forever.
Whenever you are stuck in boring real life, all you need to do is absorb each words with an imaginary mind in infinite time.
Anh Le
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this book when I was in secondary school lol. SO cheesy those old days
Thao Le
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best love story ever!!!
Vu Nguyen (Chipp)
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A gentle love story with lively depiction. I learned a lot about European cultures through this book.
Linh Le
Apr 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
This doesn‘t even deserve 1 star
Mai Trang
This novel reflects a very typical romance fantasy of Vietnamese girls (or perhaps Asian girls in general) but up to an innocent point. Reading it feels like reading reading Fifty Shades when Anna is in high school.

She speaks excellent English, incredibly shy. There is this muscular Spanish guy named Fernando next to her who always told her to eat and exercise properly and she knows every freaking thing but not why he is doing that. Studying abroad in England, she uses that as a base to explore
Trần Lệ Mẫn
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a nice novel. I have read twice. The Duong Thuy's words are very easy to imagine about scenery, architecture and psychology of characters. By using good and correct words, she can draw everything in my mind. I love the way she leads and transition from this thing to another.
Maii Hoàng
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read it twice in both Vietnamese and English when I had been in an other country. This is the reason why I was very identify with the girl in the novel.
This book is not only a romantic love story but also a soup to help growing up our dream about studying overseas. Nice to read :)
Serena
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is such an interesting novel. I read this novel in Vietnamese before, but I still feel so attractive with this book. I can not only enjoy a very romantic love story but also learn English with that book. Don't miss it!
Linh
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first romantic novel in my life. It makes me dream bigger. It isn't unreasonably romantic as Chinese novels, it's about real love with all emotional tones: fall in love, break-up, reunite and marry. It came up my expectation about romantic novel.
Ha Thu 'Yvonne' Do
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I dreamt of studying abroad since then.
Khue Pham
It painted a colorful picture of an exchange student who struggled to survive and fell in love. It's fun to read if you're in college away from home and feel lonely and wish to have someone there.
Puu
Sep 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Even couldn't finish the book in a proper way. The book is not my type though the typical romance abroad should be alright for a girl
Trúc Quỳnh
i think it is a good book
Nhuong M. Hoang
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One element that make my dream grow up, It's a soup for my life
Len Nguyễn
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my first favorite fiction <3 My feeling has been still like the 1st time I read it even though 3th or 4th time haha. ...more
Thư Phạm
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book at the first time I read it.
My Nhâm
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's such a nice story. It's gentle but still make people impressive :))
Uyen Le
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Im obsessed with Fernando and still finding him (in vain) in real life
quynhxuanpt
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m quite impressed by how simple it was, awkwardly it moves my heart crazily, love every words, and somehow that main character has st similar with Vietnamese girl like me, true inspiration
Minh Thai
Through this interesting and romantic novel, we truly understand that love knows no boundaries at all

• Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Tuổi Thơ
  • Cà Phê Cùng Tony
  • Trên Đường Băng
  • Cô Gái Đến Từ Hôm Qua
  • Mắt Biếc
  • Nếu biết trăm năm là hữu hạn
  • Tôi Thấy Hoa Vàng Trên Cỏ Xanh
  • Khuyến Học
  • Tôi Là Một Con Lừa
  • Tôi Là Bêtô
  • Cánh Đồng Bất Tận
  • I Am Gifted, So Are You!
  • Tuổi Trẻ Đáng Giá Bao Nhiêu
  • Bạn đắt giá bao nhiêu?
  • The Story of a Seagull and the Cat Who Taught Her to Fly
  • Con đường Hồi giáo
  • Ngày xưa có một con bò
  • Khí chất bao nhiêu, Hạnh phúc bấy nhiêu
Tên thật: Dương Thụy Phương Khanh, sinh năm 1975 tại Sài Gòn.

Các trường đã học:
-1990-1993: Trung học Lê Quí Đôn, TP.HCM
-1993-1997: Đại học Khoa Học Xã Hội và Nhân Văn TP.HCM - Tốt nghiệp Cử Nhân văn chương Pháp
-1997-1999: Trung tâm Pháp-Việt đào tạo Quản lý (www.cfvg.org) - Tốt nghiệp Thạc sĩ quản trị, MBA (Master in Business Administration)
-2001-2002: Du học hệ Cao học (học bổng toàn phần), Đại H