Start by marking “Key Out of Time (Time Traders / Ross Murdock #4)” as Want to Read:
Key Out of Time (Time Traders / Ross Murdock #4)

Key Out of Time (Time Traders/Ross Murdock, #4)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  1,110 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Key Out of Time -- the fourth book in the Time Traders series, following The Time Traders, Galactic Derelict, and The Defiant Agents -- again features Ross Murdock as the hero. Accompanying a group of settlers to the now-empty water-planet Hawaika, he is sent back in time through a Time Gate . . . and must learn to survive ten thousand years in the past!
Published November 2nd 2006 by Wildside Press (first published March 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Key Out of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Key Out of Time

Linda Jacobs
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
astaliegurec
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to rate Andre Norton's "Key Out of Time" at a Not Very Good 2 stars out of 5. I'm assuming that since this is the 4th book in her Time Traders series, you've already read the first three and are familiar with her writing. For the most part, the writing here is similar, though Ross is more angry, and there are actual mis-steps in the writing (a gun that miraculously appears and then disappears again, ocean dolphins swimming up a river). Slightly bigger problems th ...more
Jenne
Dec 30, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf, bbb
Oh my god this was boring. It was like a kid playing with action figures. "ok this guy and this guy are on the palm tree planet! And Aqua Girl is here! Splash! With her dolphin friends! And they go back in time! Zoom! And the bad guys take them prisoner! But then he fights the one bad guy and they like him! And then BWOMM the aliens come! And they fight the aliens and the aliens all die!!"
Wilson E. Stevens Sr.
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
The basic plot description is good enough with out me adding any thing to it. Read it when it first came out as I am a big fan of Andre Norton, and purchased and read everything that she wrote when it came out. Now that they are in eBook format, I am reading them again. Purchased from Amazon as part of twelve books for $1.99. Well worth the money.
Betsy
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This wasn't the best scifi I've ever read, but it's also far from the worst. Keeping in mind that it was written a long time ago, I rather liked the author's ideas of what kind of technology we might have discovered by the 1990s. Which of course we still haven't figured out... The characters were surprisingly multicultural given when it was written, too.
B. Zedan
Aug 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Folks who'd like another entry in Norton's time-tripping line
I'm pretty meh about dolphins, but they do a nice job of being the telepath-link animals used in this entry of Norton's galaxy-colonising, timetravelly, trying not to be noticed by angry aliens we stole tech from sorta series.

Also, there are witches and whoopsie-doo we done went back in time, shit about the history just tryin' to survive.
John
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time Traders transitions to Witch World...

A couple of the original time traders go to a new Hawaii with new friends and modified Dolphins and end up attempting to alter the past against old foes with new and mysterious witchey friends.
Angela L Luna
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An old. Classic

Reminds of the fifties when I first started to read science fiction. Still a very good read for young people. Well written with a strong plot and development of characters.
Suzanna
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded a few free Kindle books by Andre Norton, and while I enjoyed the first Time Traders book as a quick read, I found this one tedious. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for man-of-action SF right now.
Jeff R Hawkins
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gripping

Once again, I have been unable to put this book down when I should be sleeping!
Norton's sense for story telling is superb.
  • The Colors of Space
  • Skylark Three
  • Armageddon 2419 A.D.
  • Invaders from the Infinite
  • Police Your Planet
  • Beyond the Farthest Star
  • Children of Morrow
  • Hot Sky at Midnight
  • The Survivors (Ragnarok, #1)
  • The Earth Lords
  • The Spider and the Fly (The Spiderverse Saga, #1)
  • The Night of the Long Knives
  • American Epidemic: Origins- An Ebola Prepper Survival Tale
  • The Cosmic Computer
Alice Mary Norton always had an affinity to the humanities. She started writing in her teens, inspired by a charismatic high school teacher. First contacts with the publishing world led her, as many other contemporary female writers targeting a male-dominated market, to choose a literary pseudonym. In 1934 she legally changed her name to Andre Alice. The androgynous Andre doesn't really say "male" ...more
More about Andre Norton...

Time Traders/Ross Murdock, (8 books)
  • The Time Traders (Time Traders/ Ross Murdock, #1)
  • Galactic Derelict (Time Traders/Ross Murdock, #2)
  • The Defiant Agents (Time Traders/Ross Murdock, #3)
  • Firehand (Time Traders / Ross Murdock, #5)
  • Echoes in Time (Time Traders / Ross Murdock, #6)
  • Atlantis Endgame (Time Traders / Ross Murdock, #7)
  • Time Traders III: Echoes In Time / Atlantis Endgame