Start by marking “Seers (Seers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seers (Seers, #1)

Seers

(Seers #1)

For Kate Bennet, surviving the car wreck that killed her parents means big changes and even bigger problems. As she begins to see auras and invisible people, Kate must learn to trust Patrick O'Donnell, a handsome Guardian, or risk her life being overrun with Demons. She soon realizes that both she and her heart are in big-time trouble.
Published October 4th 2011 by Bonneville

To ask other readers questions about Seers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seers

Divergent by Veronica RothUnearthly by Cynthia HandWither by Lauren DeStefanoAcross the Universe by Beth RevisStarcrossed by Josephine Angelini
YA Debuts 2011
331 books — 1,236 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothSummer's Road by Kelly MoranClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareUnearthly by Cynthia HandSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Published in 2011
224 books — 151 voters

More lists with this book...

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of Halo and Hush Hush
Recommended to Maja (The Nocturnal Library) by: my own self
Ok. Just like pulling off a band-aid. Here we go: I started reading this book while I was on my vacation. After about a half, I simply couldn’t take it anymore, so I stopped. Then two nights ago, my conscience began to gnaw at me and I had no choice but to at least try. I admit to only skimming through the second half, mostly because I’ve read the story before. It just had a different cover and some other title.

At the beginning of the summer, Kate was in a terrible accident that killed both her
Trisha Wolfe
Nov 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this spin on angels and demons. I connected with Kate right away. Even though she’s had to deal with some hard times, like the death of her parents, she’s strong and resilient, and also cautious about the people around her. She doesn’t whine, or fall head-over-heels in love with the new, mysterious guy. In fact, she’s kind of freaked out by Patrick, and takes her time learning about him and getting to know him. I love smart girls.

I also liked that she tried to make her relations
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
After the accident that took her parents’ life, Kate Bennet could be never be the same girl again. It wasn’t just the emotional after effect. After her near-death experience, Kate Bennet can see auras. When she tries to tell people, nobody believes her. So she has no other choice but to keep it a secret from all except her best friend Lee. But then Patrick O’Donnel moves into her town and her school. He is not what he pretends to be and only Kate knows that because she can see the lack of his au ...more
heather
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Author interview at http://nightlyreading.wordpress.com/2...

I really enjoyed this book! The storyline is one that I have not really seen much of in the YA genre. The idea of Seers amazes me. I would love to be able to see people’s auras, all the pretty colors. I think it would be beautiful!

The characters from this book were absolutely unbelievable! I really enjoyed them all! I was not a big fan of Aaron at first, especially with how he just expected Kate to hurry up and “get over” the loss of he
Shelley
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011-releases, a-r-c
*Rating* 2.5
*Genre* YA Paranormal

*Review*

Heather Frost's Seers, is the first book in what appears to be a new series if the ending is any indication. Kate Bennett is a Seer who can see people’s auras. Kate became a seer after nearly dying in a car accident that claimed the lives of her parents, and brother.

A seer like Kate lives between two separate planes of existence. Seers can discern the difference between beings like Demons and Guardians by the color of their auras. Guardians, like Patrick
CorLostForWords
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Source: Received from netgalley courtesy of the Cedar Fort Publishing blog tour. Many thanks goes to Laura and Netgalley for sending me a copy of this book for review. I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.
Blog tour: Cedar Fort Publishing Blog Tour

My rating: 4/5

This last year hasn't been easy for Kate. She lost her parents in a car accident. The same accident that contributed to Kate's new abnormal penchant for seeing auras. Convinced that she was going crazy, sh
ILoveBooks
Jul 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
The reader will first meet Patrick in the prologue and a different time period. Patrick is portrayed as the pacifier; he is brave and calm. The book then fast forwards to the present and Kate, the main character. Kate and her sisters are still grieving over the abrupt death of their parents. To make matter worse, Kate has discovered she might be a psychic. The only other person she entrusts with this knowledge is tough-as-nails
"Lee", her new best friend. Kate lives with her grandparents, who ma
Mariah Gerlach
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Heather Frost, I'm impressed. I loved this book. I honestly had a hard time putting the book down. I loved the concept behind the Seers, Guardians, and Demons.
Kate Bennett is a great character. Pretty average, all-in-all, until the tragic accident that claimed her parents changes her life. When a person survives a horrible tragedy, they are often changed. Kate can now see auras - people's emotions surrounding them in colors. What a neat way to read what people are thinking. She tries her b
Marie
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didnt like this as much as I thought. I means yes it was good- hence the 4 star rating -however its not one I will be able to remember after another couple of reads.

It was sad, cute and romantic. Lots of action and had the whole fight between good and evil going on and the growing feelings developing between Patrick and Kate. But this was all predictable and the outcome was predictable. Good writing and concept and everything but nothing like I haven't read before.

It had the same problems. G
Sarah {Literary Meanderings}

♥ Find my reviews on Blogger ~ Reviews by Bookish Sarah

- - -

I wanted to like this book more, but my rating had to be brought down because of the similarities between this book and Evermore (if I hadn't already read Evermore, I think I would have given this book a 4 or 4.5). It's not exactly the same by any means, but a lot of the details and/or ideas are very much like it.

Similarities include:

1 - The first thing we learn is that our protagonist, Kate, has been in a deathly car accident, and her
Braxton Burton
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book! I loved it so much. The story line was very intriguing. I loved that the Grandpa ended up being a seer too and how that was brought into play. I can't wait to start the next one in the series. I've heard it's a page turner. Great work Heather Frost!!!
Julie Witt
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, netgalley
I received this book free of charge from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

This book is very easy for me to review: I loved it! Go read it!! NOW! What are you waiting for?!

Ok, ok, I'm going to give a little bit more than that, but really that's the most important part! This book was such a quick read for me because I loved the storyline, the plot, the pacing, and especially the characters.

Summary from Goodreads: "For Kate Bennet, surviving the car wreck that killed her parents means bi
Rogier
Jul 17, 2011 rated it really liked it

My thoughts

Cover: Its not the best cover out there. But it caught my attention when I saw it on netgalley.
Update: I liked it more and more while reading ’’Seers’’. I think the pinkish comes from being with Patrick .

Book: The prologue was one of my favorite parts of this book. You get background information on the leading male, Patrick. The front that was used in the prologue was like a letter of sort. I really liked it.

The writing style was enjoyable and there are two pov but Kate narrates most
Alaiel Kreuz
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Here I am, in front of my laptop thinking: "how can I tell them all how good this book is?!" Well, I'm sure whatever I do is not going to be enough. True to be told this is not my first book with the "guardian/demon" theme but it certainly is one of the books that I enjoyed the most.

The story goes like this: Kate had suffered a lot since the death of her parents in a car crash in which she survived. After that she and her sister moved into their grandparent's house and thankfully their relations
FicTalk Blog
Oct 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, reviewed-in-2011
Reviewed by Heather

Kate Bennett is a high school student that survived A car crash that killed her parents. When she wakes up from the hospital afterwards she can see things that she had never seen before. She could see peoples auras. No one else saw the colors floating around that told Kate exactly how people were feeling and realizing that, she decides to never mention it again.

When Kate finally returns to school after the accident there is a new student, Patrick O’Donnell. There is something
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
I read the description of Seers and immediately requested it from netgalley. It has a lot of things I find interesting in it, auras, seers, guardians and was lucky to get accepted. It has taken a while to get to this but I have managed to finish it in one sitting, I didn't want to stop or put it down.

Seers is about a girl called Kate, who survived a car wreck that killed her parents. She now live with her Grandparents and two sisters. But now she has a gift, she can see the auras of people aroun
Danyelle Ferguson
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Do you know what The Vampire Academy, Possession and Seers all have in common? There's a cute girl who falls in love with the bad boy . . . who isn't quite what he seems.

Another thing they have in common? They are all in my top ten FAVE YA book series!

Now, I read a ton, ton, ton. And it's really hard to make it to my top ten. So that should tell you right there how much I absolutely LOVED Seers by Heather Frost. I had the hardest time putting my Nook down when I needed to do something important
L_manning
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Kate's special for all the wrong reasons. She survived a car crash that killed her parents, and she has had guilt and sadness with her ever since. The real problem though comes in a much more supernatural form. Kate can now see auras. Her world is full of rainbows of emotions. If that's not enough, her relationship with her perfect boyfriend has gone stale. When a dashing new boy joins her classes, Kate notices something different about him. More specifically, she notices something different abo ...more
Joan (official heroine hater)
Oct 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Summary:
For Kate Bennett, surviving the car wreck that killed her parents means big changes — and even bigger problems. As she begins to see auras and invisible people, Kate must learn to trust Patrick O'Donnell, a handsome Guardian, or risk her life being overrun with Demons. She soon realizes that both she and her heart are in big-time trouble.

Review:
This book was a real challenge to finish. One of those books that I had to constantly force myself to go back to rather than move on to another b
Pamela Todd
Seers was a fabulous new take on paranormal YA. It is a very difficult to create an original story in a genre over-run with paranormal beings, yet the author has done just this.

Our protagonist, Kate, leads us through the story. She was a very sympathetic character and one I feel a lot of young people could identify with. Kate faces a daily struggle of keeping up appearances, making sure the mask that covers the grief she sometimes finds overbearing, doesn’t slip.

When Kate meets hot, Irish, trans
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
From the beginning, I was quite impressed with the writing, which is rather better than a number of YA novels, especially those in the paranormal romance genre. Given the author's youth, this is doubly impressive. There were, in the ARC at least, a few grammatical errors, which have hopefully been removed from the final version, such as a "must of" (instead of "must have" on page 250.

The plot is fairly standard YA paranormal fare. You have the beautiful girl with new powers and some sadness. Add
Devon Ashley
Sep 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
If the novel Seers had an aura, its color would be pink, with flecks of yellow scattered through.

Kate Bennet suffered from a life-altering summer. The car wreck that killed her parents almost took her life as well, and when she awoke from her near-death experience she began seeing funny colorful halos around people - halos Kate realized are auras depicting people's emotions. Everyone seemed to be a blend of certain colors. Everyone that was, except for the new guy Patrick, who's only color was s
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I enjoyed reading this fresh take on guardians and seers. It is different from the books that I have been reading recently.

Kate is mourning for the loss of her parents in a car accident a few months prior to the start of the book. She almost lost her life as well. Her boyfriend feels that she should be over it and thinks the relationship should be where it was. Her best friend is a great bff. She is understanding and helpful. She is also so quirky that she keeps several scenes enjoyable.

Kate has
McKenzie Wagner
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I just plain loved this book. I got it for Christmas and couldn't keep my nose out of it and yes, finished it before the day let out. This is why Seers, written by Heather Frost, is now one of my favorite books.

Plot: After Kate's parents die in a car accident with Kate inside the car, Kate becomes a Seer, one who can see people's auras. She is balanced not only on the Earthly plane but on the Demon and Guardian Planes as well. I won't tell you much more but I thought this plot was
Kay Curtiss
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! - Paranormal Fiction is a genre I really enjoy so I quickly volunteered for this book blog tour. I made the mistake of starting it on a Sunday afternoon, and ended up missing my "weekly nap" :O). Then I had to force myself on 2 different nights to go to bed between 1:30 am & 2:30 a.m. and was pretty "groggy" the following days, but it was worth the read and loss of sleep. The story obviously kept me engaged, and I liked the characters Heather developed. I especially enjoyed the co ...more
Erika B. (SOS BOOKS)
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first thing I noticed about this book is that the author and I are the same age...and she's written three books. I am now inspired to do more with my life! hahahah But for being such a young authoress I was very impressed with this book! I feel like there was a lot of character set up and world building in this first book so I'm super excited to see where book number two takes me! There are guardians who protect, seers that can detect, and demons that cause trouble for the previous two. Kate ...more
Sheri Jenkins
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book came recommended to me by a friend of a friend. She called it "Twilight-esque." I suppose it's a fair comparison-- immortal guardians, Demons, teenage love triangle (though not nearly as annoying as love triangles in other books), and a teenage heroine with "special" abilities. I do LOVE Twilight, but I thought this book did a great job standing on it's own. I mean yeah, it's got some common themes -- but I bet lots of other books out there have the same themes. I totally got sucked in ...more
Ripley
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book seers was a good book I guess. in the book, Kate Bennett's parents had been killed in a car wreck and she was injured , what she didn't know was that she could see other peoples emotions until she started seeing colors surrounding other people. she also didn't know that she was a seer or that guardians and demons existed. she had to learn to trust Patrick O'Donnell and get close with him all while not telling her best friend about demons, and her boyfriend about any of it.
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/mini-rev...

Interesting spin on the whole angels and demons concept. Kate is an easy character to connect with. She’s strong, independent, and doesn’t give up. When a new guy shows up she doesn’t fall in love with him right away, which is a great change from the insta-love you see displayed so often in paranormal romance novels. A solid read.
  • The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten
  • Fractured Soul
  • The Sleepwalkers
  • Out in Blue (Return to Sanctuary, #1)
  • Blood (Mercian Trilogy, #1)
  • Ambitious (Premiere High #1)
  • She Speaks to Angels (AngelFire Chronicles, #1)
  • Concealed (Concealed, #1)
  • Blüd and Magick
  • Solid (Solid, #1)
  • Deviant
  • Painted Blind
  • Emerald City
  • Cinder and Ella
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • Unholy Death (Requiem #2)
  • The Marked Son (Keepers of Life, #1)
  • Preordained (Preordained, #1)
I was born in Sandy, Utah, a few days before Halloween in 1989. I lived in Salt Lake City until I was about six, and then I moved North and settled into the place I still call home. I'm the second child of ten, and I absolutely love being the big sister.
I can't remember a time when I didn't enjoy reading, and I did a lot of it. I also dabbled in writing when I was young, though nothing serious u

Seers (3 books)