Start by marking “The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2)

The Son of Neptune

(The Heroes of Olympus #2)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  444,365 ratings  ·  16,586 reviews
Son Of Neptune, The: Heroes Of Olympus (Book 2) by Riordan, Rick
Published September 30th 2011 by Penguin UK

To ask other readers questions about The Son of Neptune, please sign up.
Alice Woodland (alicethroughthebookstore) Don't worry, we're all obsessed with all the characters. I just want to cry every time I hear their name.…moreDon't worry, we're all obsessed with all the characters. I just want to cry every time I hear their name.(less)
Becci Well, first stuff happens, then there's this bit and then there's more stuff... and then it's time for the next book.…moreWell, first stuff happens, then there's this bit and then there's more stuff... and then it's time for the next book.(less)

·  444,365 ratings  ·  16,586 reviews

Start your review of The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2)
Sasha Alsberg
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
Great book! Slowish start but really picked up in the middle and had an EPIC ending!
Jayson
(A-) 83% | Very Good
Notes: Wherein boundaries matter, and transgressive misfits find strength and self in demon lands beyond the borderlines.
Kendall Anne

I need this book. UGH. WHY AM I SO IMPATIENT??? I JUST WAITED FOR MOCKINGJAY AND THE RED PYRAMID AND THE LOST HERO AND THE SON OF NEPTUNE???????? I HATE WAITING!!!!!!! This book is going to be so epic! (i hope!)
Please, PLEASE be good!!! I LOVED Percy Jackson, and it really would be a shame if this book is anything like The Red Pyramid, which I was so excited about and it fell a little short. Hurry up, October!!!!!!! =P
I heard somewhere that this was going to be a FIVE book series like Percy Jac
Zoë
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

This was my least favorite of the Percy Jackson books so far. I think that the story is definitely heading in an interesting direction, but I just wasn't feeling it in this one. It has taken me several tries over the months to even get through it. I thought that, except for Percy, the characters were a little bland and I didn't care as much about the Roman camp and their mythology as much as the Greek. I'm not saying that it was bad, I loved Percy and his sass and all of the jokes, just not
Tharindu Dissanayake
"The Five Habits of Highly Aggressive Women."

"Welcome to Alaska. We're Beyond the held of the gods."

Percy is back! It's time for the Team Rome to do their part and Percy teams up with two Roman demigods to carryout the next phase of the quest. The Lost Hero ended with revealing what had happened to Percy and Jason at the beginning, and we're continuing along the same plot. And things are back to being great: I like this a lot more than the first.

"I can always smell demigods."

Though Jason-Piper-L
Xolindsayxx18
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adored this book! SO much better than the Lost Hero. I felt more connected to the characters, and PERCY!!! He was in the book. I was seriously missing him! All of his wit and snarky comments were back, along with a whole bunch of ADORABLE thoughts about Annabeth, as he regains his memory. Definately one of my favorites!! Now I need the MArk of Athena!
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Frank noticed that one person wasn’t kneeling. Percy Jackson, his sword still in hand, was glaring at the giant soldier.
“You’re Ares,” Percy said. “What do you want?”

Percy Jackson defying the gods since 2005! *lol* But seriously, I MISSED MY BOY!!! XD I really enjoyed “The Lost Hero” but I’m afraid nothing is better than Percy and Nico packed into a book. Sorry guys! It is like it is! Can’t help it! Those two boys just rock my world and no matter how much I love Leo Valdez (And I really do!! <33
Jessica
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2011, all-time-fav
Does the title mean we get to hear Percy telling the story again. PLEASE be so!

Edit May 28: PERCY!!!!! *Girl writing this tackles Percy in a hug* I love you! I'm so happy your back! And you remember Annabeth! That's my favorite demigod hero! And already fighting those monsters. You are so much better than Jason! I love you PERCY!!!

Actual Book Review: October 4th

So I had this totally awesome book review, but Goodreads timed out when I tried to save it. Hera or Gaea are being really mean. They don
Ahmed  Ejaz
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
Rick Riordan has completely taken control over my mind! In such a way that even if I want to read another book, I can't. Just can't! I have been reading PJ books in row for almost two month. I am supposed to get bored. But NO!
It's pretty obvious by the title we will get Percy back in this one. When I first saw this book and didn't know a thing about greek or roman mythologies, I thought "Planet has a son?! How interesting!" 😂

OVERVIEW
Without any past memories and being chased by two in
prag ♻
i’m actually such rick riordan trash… it’s embarrassing.

his books are basically a middle grade version of friends: absolutely hilarious with charming protagonists, and adorable ships.

this book introduces some of the best characters we’ve seen from him so far - they’re flawed and honest, but best of all: so. much. development.

source: officialclarkkent on tumblr

a (long and) spoilery list of things to love about this book:

● a summary of this 521 page book in one sentence: “I'm fine!" Percy ye
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms
4.5 Golden Stars

*might have spoilers about The Lost Hero*

Finally Percy!
& Fun begins with the first sentence!
it was funny we know something from his life & he actually didn't & struggling to remember it.
we entered the camp Jupiter with him. (which was awesome, but not as awesome as Camp Half-Blood!) which was very well-organized & also very strict! We are knowing the Roman life of gods (& demigods.)

a few familiar faces, who I had internally screaming (fangirling) moment when I saw him for the fir
Brigid ✩
Finished doing my re-read of this! I'm trying to go through the whole series before the last book comes out in the fall. I'll write a new review at some point.

Old review under spoiler below.

(view spoiler)
Morgan F
PERCY!!! YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE RIGHT NOW OR GAEA WILL BE THE LEAST OF YOUR PROBLEMS
♛ may

Highlight of this book: PERCY HAS RETURNED

description
(s)
- He’s kinda mopey and sad and confused in this book
- But hes still Percy my son and baby
- This precious kid is going through some memory issues atm (bc someone just had to make it hard for everyoneee)
- But despite his fuzzy memories, the only think solid is his image of ANNABETH
- YOU HEARD IT RIGHT KIDS
- THIS SHIP WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME gahhh

So Percy is in loads of trouble and he meets up with these other demigod kids and they go on adventures toge
The Burning Rose (Jess)
5/5 stars.
Much better than the first book. Percy, Hazel and frank have formed such an amazing friendship, and I love the three of them. The plot got me bored at times but nothing that made me stop reading.
I need some Percabeth, so I’l continue to the third book.
Full review to come.
Joyzi
Oct 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cutesy Fans of Riordan
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
April 1 2013

Wow! Yay! I finished it! I feel like it has been a long time since I read something fictional(is that the right word?) since I've been really busy with school and stuff and I switched to watching movies instead of reading books to fight stress and boredom at times.

I picked this one up just to go back to my old bookworm self thinking hey it's Percy Jackson it's fun, juvenile, nothing serious I'll definitely finish it and not watch another movie...and yeah I was right. It's still the
ambsreads
“There!” Mars finished writing and threw the scroll at Octavian. “A prophecy. You can add it to your books, engrave it on your floor, whatever.”
Octavian read the scroll. “This says, ‘Go to Alaska. Find Thanatos and free him. Come back by sundown on June twenty-fourth or die.’”

The Son of Neptune is the second book in the spin-off series by Rick. The second book focuses on three different characters than the first novel. We finally get Percy, who is suffering from amnesia just as Jason was in the
Minh
Dec 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
8:20 a.m, December, 2010
I haven't read it, but still gave five stars, 'cause I know so.
The Son of Neptune is going to be a big hit.
When it came out, I will buy it and read *out loud* ( maybe <3)

9:34 P.M - May, 26th, 2011
OH mY GOSH... THE COVER HAS CAME OUT.... OH MY!!!

LOL... PERCY HOLDING A CHICKEN STICK...

I can't believe it, okay, I am going to search for chapter 1`

9:53 P.M - May, 26th, 2011 (the time in Asia, not in America)

Is it necessary to put every details about me reading the son of
carol.
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mythology fans
After taking a gander at the other reviews, I realize I may have wandered into the wrong part of the playground. I hereby promise to use no hearts or exclamation points when reviewing this book.

Super-quick synopsis: amnesiac demigod Percy is fleeing the Gorgons from Bargain-Mart when he discovers a camp for Roman demigods. He is adopted by misfits Hazel, daughter of Pluto, and Frank, of the unknown father, into their Legion cohort. Camp politics occur, a quest is given, and the three set-off to
peachygirl
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
Peter Johnson is back!!!!!!
Oh, how I missed this dork. His sarcasm was the one thing lacking in the first book.

Not an ardent shipper, but I am super excited for Percy's reunion with Annabeth. I feel like something huge is gonna happen.
Ugh, my Mark of Athena copy still hasn't arrived. 😭
may ➹
part 2 of my give in to childhood nostalgia and relive the multiple experiences of pain Rick Riordan series reread!

// buddy reread with sunny st. james lovebot (tag later)
andrea
Okay, so that was cool. Sure, it took me literally forever but it was fun. I had two and a half major issues with this book, but besides that, I really enjoyed it.

This book is the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series and it marks the point in the series where I thought to myself, "okay, this is just sad. I have to stop spoiling series for myself". I mean seriously. There were so many elements of foreshadowing for the next book that I would have enjoyed so much more if it wasn't for the f
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

4 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I'm so glad Percy is back! Percy and Annabeth reuniting was the highlight of the book for me. Of course (:

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through i
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2), Rick Riordan
The Son of Neptune is a 2011 fantasy-adventure novel written by American author Rick Riordan, based on Greek and Roman mythology. It is the second book in The Heroes of Olympus series, preceded by The Lost Hero and followed by The Mark of Athena. The story follows the adventures of amnesiac Percy Jackson, a demigod son of Poseidon, as he meets a camp of Roman demigods and goes to Alaska with his new friends Hazel Levesque and Frank Zhan
hillary ☾

“[...] You’re the glue that will unite the seven.”
“Great,” Percy said. “I always wanted to be the glue.”

I missed Percy so much! And I always love reading about quests. I especially love when the demigods meet weird people (Phineas, Stheno and Euryale, Terminus) that are so ridiculous and funny af.
I wish this book was less dense and slow and long though. I didn’t like Hazel and Frank as much as I wanted to and I kept looking ahead to see how many pages till I got to read Percy’s po
Aarushi
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
moral of the story: never go to alaska.

This book was a phenomenal sequel (or dual-timeline) to The Lost Hero, and since I think everyone knows my love for Rick Riordan's writing I'm gonna keep this review short and sweet.

We saw Percy again!!! Finally! I, like the rest of the population of the Earth, was missing Percy very much in The Lost Hero. The iconic main character of Percy Jackson and the Olympians, very possibly one of the most famous books in the world, was not in The Lost Hero???

It's o
Helen 2.0
Another Percy Jackson book - here we go again...

There's a real pattern I'm seeing with plots in Riordan's books and unfortunately he doesn't ever seem to stray very far from his one blueprint. It's always like this: unlikely heroes with secrets from the past go on an impossible quest with a super short time limit; they manage to hit a new mythological threat everywhere they stop, but barely make it past; secrets come out, generally with 0 consequences for anyone involved; they conveniently compl
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
4.5*

I did enjoy this, I really did, I just don't like the way the series is going. Like I don't like reading about different characters every book. I understand it will all come together in the end, I just don't like that I have to wait a few books for it.
sarah
I know most people's main complaint about this book is the lack of Annabeth but I really just missed my boy Leo

This is the sequel to The Lost Hero, and while I enjoyed both books immensely- I think I preferred the former slightly more. maybe? ugh I can't decide!

It takes me a long time to get through these books as I am reading them aloud to my little sister, but it doesn't feel like they ever drag. This book in particular was really gripping (can be evidenced by the sheer amount of times I was a
Vanessa J.
I want to say I loved this, but that would be lying. Most of the time I was confused, annoyed, or bored. Those three are not good when combined, trust me.

Instead of following the story with the characters introduced in The Lost Hero, this book takes us to a now amnesiac Percy, who turned out to be wandering alone but now is in the Roman equivalent of Camp Half-Blood: Camp Jupiter. It works in a similar way to Camp Half-Blood, except they worship the Roman "version" of the gods and their games, r
Word Game!!!! 38 46 Jan 09, 2021 07:36AM
MSHS 1 Gabriel 2020: book review 1 5 Jun 12, 2020 07:30AM
Jual Obat Aborsi Di Madiun 082229451389 Apotik Obat Telat Bulan Madiun 1 2 Jun 09, 2020 02:05PM
Jual Obat Cytotec Bogor 082229451389 Klinik Obat Pengugur Kandungan Bogor 1 2 Jun 06, 2020 01:48PM
Myth WORD GAME 144 124 Jun 02, 2020 04:48PM
Percy Jackson VS Jason Grace Elimination Game 168 285 Jun 02, 2020 08:02AM
Word Game 56 41 May 13, 2020 06:06AM

• Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
  • The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3)
  • City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
  • Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
Rick Riordan is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many books, including the Percy Jackson series. You can follow him on Twitter and via his official website.

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)

Articles featuring this book

For the past decade, the Goodreads Choice Awards have put the power in our readers' hands by letting them decide the best...
“Um...is that thing tame?" Frank said.
The horse whinnied angrily.
"I don't think so," Percy guessed. "He just said, 'I will trample you to death, silly Chinese Canadian baby man'.
2671 likes
“Now, come over here so I can pat you down."
"But you don't have-" Percy stopped. "Uh, sure."
He stood next to the armless statue. Terminus conducted a rigorous mental pat down.
"You seem to be clean," Terminus decided. "Do you have anything to declare?"
"Yes," Percy said. "I declare that this is stupid.”
1712 likes