Start by marking “The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2)

The Son of Neptune

(The Heroes of Olympus #2)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  371,665 ratings  ·  14,182 reviews
Son Of Neptune, The: Heroes Of Olympus (Book 2) by Riordan, Rick
Published September 30th 2011 by Penguin UK

To ask other readers questions about The Son of Neptune, please sign up.
Maddie Hazel No. I cried for 10 days. All that Annabeth and Percy had, GONE!…moreNo. I cried for 10 days. All that Annabeth and Percy had, GONE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This cannot be real! Why Percy and Annabeth?! WHY?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(less)
Becci Well, first stuff happens, then there's this bit and then there's more stuff... and then it's time for the next book.

·  371,665 ratings  ·  14,182 reviews

Sasha Alsberg
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
Great book! Slowish start but really picked up in the middle and had an EPIC ending!
Jayson
(A-) 83% | Very Good
Notes: Wherein boundaries matter, and transgressive misfits find strength and self in demon lands beyond the borderlines.
Kendall Anne

I need this book. UGH. WHY AM I SO IMPATIENT??? I JUST WAITED FOR MOCKINGJAY AND THE RED PYRAMID AND THE LOST HERO AND THE SON OF NEPTUNE???????? I HATE WAITING!!!!!!! This book is going to be so epic! (i hope!)
Please, PLEASE be good!!! I LOVED Percy Jackson, and it really would be a shame if this book is anything like The Red Pyramid, which I was so excited about and it fell a little short. Hurry up, October!!!!!!! =P
I heard somewhere that this was going to be a FIVE book series like Percy Jac
Zoë
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

This was my least favorite of the Percy Jackson books so far. I think that the story is definitely heading in an interesting direction, but I just wasn't feeling it in this one. It has taken me several tries over the months to even get through it. I thought that, except for Percy, the characters were a little bland and I didn't care as much about the Roman camp and their mythology as much as the Greek. I'm not saying that it was bad, I loved Percy and his sass and all of the jokes, just not
Xolindsayxx18
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adored this book! SO much better than the Lost Hero. I felt more connected to the characters, and PERCY!!! He was in the book. I was seriously missing him! All of his wit and snarky comments were back, along with a whole bunch of ADORABLE thoughts about Annabeth, as he regains his memory. Definately one of my favorites!! Now I need the MArk of Athena!
Jessica
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, own, all-time-fav
Does the title mean we get to hear Percy telling the story again. PLEASE be so!

Edit May 28: PERCY!!!!! *Girl writing this tackles Percy in a hug* I love you! I'm so happy your back! And you remember Annabeth! That's my favorite demigod hero! And already fighting those monsters. You are so much better than Jason! I love you PERCY!!!

Actual Book Review: October 4th

So I had this totally awesome book review, but Goodreads timed out when I tried to save it. Hera or Gaea are being really mean. They don
Ahmed  Ejaz
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
Rick Riordan has completely taken control over my mind! In such a way that even if I want to read another book, I can't. Just can't! I have been reading PJ books in row for almost two month. I am supposed to get bored. But NO!
It's pretty obvious by the title we will get Percy back in this one. When I first saw this book and didn't know a thing about greek or roman mythologies, I thought "Planet has a son?! How interesting!" 😂

OVERVIEW
Without any past memories and being chased by two invinc
prag ♻
i’m actually such rick riordan trash… it’s embarrassing.

his books are basically a middle grade version of friends: absolutely hilarious with charming protagonists, and adorable ships.

this book introduces some of the best characters we’ve seen from him so far - they’re flawed and honest, but best of all: so. much. development.

source: officialclarkkent on tumblr

a (long and) spoilery list of things to love about this book:

● a summary of this 521 page book in one sentence: “I'm fine!" Percy yell
Brigid ✩
Finished doing my re-read of this! I'm trying to go through the whole series before the last book comes out in the fall. I'll write a new review at some point.

Old review under spoiler below.

(view spoiler)
Morgan F
PERCY!!! YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE RIGHT NOW OR GAEA WILL BE THE LEAST OF YOUR PROBLEMS
may ❀

Highlight of this book: PERCY HAS RETURNED

description
(s)
- He’s kinda mopey and sad and confused in this book
- But hes still Percy my son and baby
- This precious kid is going through some memory issues atm (bc someone just had to make it hard for everyoneee)
- But despite his fuzzy memories, the only think solid is his image of ANNABETH
- YOU HEARD IT RIGHT KIDS
- THIS SHIP WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME gahhh

So Percy is in loads of trouble and he meets up with these other demigod kids and they go on adventures toge
Joyzi
Oct 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cutesy Fans of Riordan
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
April 1 2013

Wow! Yay! I finished it! I feel like it has been a long time since I read something fictional(is that the right word?) since I've been really busy with school and stuff and I switched to watching movies instead of reading books to fight stress and boredom at times.

I picked this one up just to go back to my old bookworm self thinking hey it's Percy Jackson it's fun, juvenile, nothing serious I'll definitely finish it and not watch another movie...and yeah I was right. It's still the
ambsreads
“There!” Mars finished writing and threw the scroll at Octavian. “A prophecy. You can add it to your books, engrave it on your floor, whatever.”
Octavian read the scroll. “This says, ‘Go to Alaska. Find Thanatos and free him. Come back by sundown on June twenty-fourth or die.’”

The Son of Neptune is the second book in the spin-off series by Rick. The second book focuses on three different characters than the first novel. We finally get Percy, who is suffering from amnesia just as Jason was in the
carol.
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mythology fans
After taking a gander at the other reviews, I realize I may have wandered into the wrong part of the playground. I hereby promise to use no hearts or exclamation points when reviewing this book.

Super-quick synopsis: amnesiac demigod Percy is fleeing the Gorgons from Bargain-Mart when he discovers a camp for Roman demigods. He is adopted by misfits Hazel, daughter of Pluto, and Frank, of the unknown father, into their Legion cohort. Camp politics occur, a quest is given, and the three set-off to
Minh
Dec 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
8:20 a.m, December, 2010
I haven't read it, but still gave five stars, 'cause I know so.
The Son of Neptune is going to be a big hit.
When it came out, I will buy it and read *out loud* ( maybe <3)

9:34 P.M - May, 26th, 2011
OH mY GOSH... THE COVER HAS CAME OUT.... OH MY!!!

LOL... PERCY HOLDING A CHICKEN STICK...

I can't believe it, okay, I am going to search for chapter 1`

9:53 P.M - May, 26th, 2011 (the time in Asia, not in America)

Is it necessary to put every details about me reading the son
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
4.25 Golden Stars

*might have spoilers for The Lost Hero*

Finally Percy!
& Fun begins with the first sentence!
it was funny we know something from his life & he actually didn't & struggling to remember it.
we entered the camp Jupiter with him. (which was awesome, but not as awesome as Camp Half-Blood!) which was very well-organized & also very strict! We are knowing the Roman life of gods (& demigods.)

a few familiar faces, who I had internally screaming (fangirling) moment when I
may ➹
part 2 of my give in to childhood nostalgia and relive the multiple experiences of pain Rick Riordan series reread!

// buddy reread with sunny st. james lovebot (tag later)
✩ Ashley ✩
4 Stars

A great sequel and setup for what’s to come. I can’t wait to start the next book and I’m looking forward to seeing Annabeth again!!

“Come on,” he said “Let me introduce you to my other family.”

⋙ Cue Thin Lizzy’s ♫ The boys are back in town ♫ because I’m pumped!

Some shenanigans while I sing and dance...
Maybe there had been a mix-up. Wasn’t there some sort of DNA test for gods’ kids?

“Oh, I’m strictly nonviolent,” Iris said. “I can act in self-defense, but I won’t be drawn into anym
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

4 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I'm so glad Percy is back! Percy and Annabeth reuniting was the highlight of the book for me. Of course (:

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (
Hillary

“[...] You’re the glue that will unite the seven.”
“Great,” Percy said. “I always wanted to be the glue.”

I missed Percy so much! And I always love reading about quests. I especially love when the demigods meet weird people (Phineas, Stheno and Euryale, Terminus) that are so ridiculous and funny af.
I wish this book was less dense and slow and long though. I didn’t like Hazel and Frank as much as I wanted to and I kept looking ahead to see how many pages till I got to read Percy’s pov
Helen 2.0
Another Percy Jackson book - here we go again...

There's a real pattern I'm seeing with plots in Riordan's books and unfortunately he doesn't ever seem to stray very far from his one blueprint. It's always like this: unlikely heroes with secrets from the past go on an impossible quest with a super short time limit; they manage to hit a new mythological threat everywhere they stop, but barely make it past; secrets come out, generally with 0 consequences for anyone involved; they conveniently compl
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2), Rick Riordan
The Son of Neptune is a 2011 fantasy-adventure novel written by American author Rick Riordan, based on Greek and Roman mythology. It is the second book in The Heroes of Olympus series, preceded by The Lost Hero and followed by The Mark of Athena. The story follows the adventures of amnesiac Percy Jackson, a demigod son of Poseidon, as he meets a camp of Roman demigods and goes to Alaska with his new friends Hazel Levesque and Frank Zhan
Jessi ♡
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
holY SHIT HOOOO BOY. damn this is the best book in this series and on PJO so far. i loved every minute of it ilove every character. i enjoyed seeing my son PERCY god i missed him. this was excellent 10/10 a+ would recommend.
Vanessa J.
I want to say I loved this, but that would be lying. Most of the time I was confused, annoyed, or bored. Those three are not good when combined, trust me.

Instead of following the story with the characters introduced in The Lost Hero, this book takes us to a now amnesiac Percy, who turned out to be wandering alone but now is in the Roman equivalent of Camp Half-Blood: Camp Jupiter. It works in a similar way to Camp Half-Blood, except they worship the Roman "version" of the gods and their games, r
Kirsten Merritt
UPDATE:

The cover's out. THE. FREAKIN. COVER. IS OUT.

Oh my.

Oh my, oh my, oh my.

IT'S SO AMAZING I COULD EXPLODE!!! And I swear, if any of you call it ugly, I WILL CRUSH YOU LIKE PINATAS. Lol, just kidding. He he.

BUT STILL.

I actually forgot about the book. But now I'm all tortured and impatient all over again.

AGONY.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Okay. I LOVED the first book :D :D :D :D
And now I cant wait for the second book.

OCTOBER 11!!! 5 MORE LOOOOOOOOOOONG MONTHS!!!
*pulls hair due to extreme impatience*
GAHH!
Raeleen Lemay
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
PERCYYYY. I missed him so much in book 1, but in the process I became really attached to the three new characters we were introduced to. I was really hoping hat they would be in this book, but instead we got a couple MORE new characters (who are also awesome, so no complaints there). A lot of new questions have come up in regards to some of the characters' back stories, so I'm really excited to hop into the next book to find out what's going on!!
Zanib  Sajjad
Dec 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NEED IT!!!!!!!!!NOW..... *DOES CREEPY LAUGH*

PERCY!!!!!!! Yay he's on the cover! which can only mean it'll be from his p.o.v (oh please oh please!)

...........................................................

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have it!

.......................................

well, that was a majer cliff-hanger... how am i supposed to wait till next fall???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[3.5/5 stars] Son of Neptune was a solid sequel to The Lost Hero and an improvement on all accounts. My biggest complaint of the first novel was the senseless repetition, so it was refreshing for book 2 to have a consice plot where everything had a purpose in building towards the overall arc of the novel. There were still lots of “tangent” monsters to fight, but I thought the encounters were integrated much more seamlessly. And as an added bonus, the main POV was a familiar face that I’ve missed ...more
Vathna Dany
Name a Rick Riordan's book that bores me to death: Error 404 not found.

Like any other books of his, I had so much fun reading this. Not just because Percy's narrating again (finally!), but for the reason that literally everything in this book was incredible.

I can never be tired of the writing style and the amount of sarcasms. Persassy is definitely the best!!
“Juno: "All roads lead there child. You should know that."
Percy: "Detention?”

The fact that Death (a.k.a Thanatos) referred The Doors of
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
4.5*

I did enjoy this, I really did, I just don't like the way the series is going. Like I don't like reading about different characters every book. I understand it will all come together in the end, I just don't like that I have to wait a few books for it.
Who is your favorite Character in the series Heroes of Olympus? 37 64 Sep 01, 2019 08:56PM
Jason Grace vs. Frank Zhang 24 72 Aug 13, 2019 01:54PM
Which Greek God/Goddess you hate in the Percy Jackson series? 52 159 Aug 13, 2019 01:52PM
What is YOUR godly parentage? 65 117 Aug 13, 2019 01:48PM
Percy Jackson VS Jason Grace Elimination Game 162 266 Aug 13, 2019 01:46PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Medusa Plot (39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #1)
  • Pandora Gets Greedy (Mythic Misadventures, #6)
  • A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2)
  • Speak
  • Scumble (Savvy, #2)
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers, #4)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • The Outcasts (Brotherband Chronicles, #1)
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1)
  • The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #3)

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
“Um...is that thing tame?" Frank said.
The horse whinnied angrily.
"I don't think so," Percy guessed. "He just said, 'I will trample you to death, silly Chinese Canadian baby man'.
2584 likes
“Now, come over here so I can pat you down."
"But you don't have-" Percy stopped. "Uh, sure."
He stood next to the armless statue. Terminus conducted a rigorous mental pat down.
"You seem to be clean," Terminus decided. "Do you have anything to declare?"
"Yes," Percy said. "I declare that this is stupid.”
1661 likes