Start by marking “Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda” as Want to Read:
Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda

Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda

This wonderful picture book for children and adults alike introduces the powerful practice of mindfulness in a fun and exciting way. With the delightful Monkey and his serene friend Happy Panda guiding readers to a calmer and more attentive mind, this whimsical yet warm presentation will delight all readers.

As our story begins, Monkey is not so mindful - his Mo
Published July 26th 2011 by Wisdom Publications

To ask other readers questions about Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda

Start your review of Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda
Heather Tweed
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A kids’ yoga MUST read!!! We read this in our Yoga Safari class today. Everyone should read this book; I mean adults too! It takes two minutes to get the reminder you need to stay in the present moment. We had ages 4-10 today and they all liked this message.
Sarah Wakefield
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book to introduce the idea of mindfulness and the monkey brain. Perfect for Elementary as you can read it in one sitting and then discuss personal experiences, goals, etc.
Karen & Danka
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: danka
This book is wonderful for children and adults to focus on learning to be mindful in life. I have used it in therapy groups as a mindful exercise for beginners.
Katie
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mindfulness
This book is one of the more simpler of the preschool mindfulness books that are out there. Though mindfulness is still a tricky concept for young students to grasp, the illustrations are cute, and the relationship between different feelings and the animal to which they belong help kids understand basic mindfulness concepts more easily.
Nicki Hambilton
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fantastic resource in introducing the concept of mindfulness to children. It tells of a monkey and a panda who are very different in the way that they think and go about their daily routines. Monkey notices that Panda always seems ‘so happy and peaceful’ and asks him what he does to be this way. Panda explains that he does all the same things as monkey, such as eating, playing and reading but when he does these things, he is fully immersed in the ‘present moment’. Monkey realises ...more
Whole And
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Bravo. A simple yet powerfully effective story to introduce mindfulness and being present in a child's life. Defining 'monkey mind,' jumping from one thing to another, in contrast to Panda's approach "When I eat, I am just eating" are wonderful examples of how to bring our thoughts, our minds back to the present moment in all we do.

Lauren Alderfer gifts all of us an opportunity to be reminded of how to bring ourselves back and teach our children how to be present instead of suffering with their
Anna
Helps to explain the concept of mindfulness. However, rather than helping me teach the idea to my son, I felt the book turned me further away from the concept myself. I don't believe that my happiness is dependent on only always focusing on what I am doing in the moment. I believe learning from the past and planning for the future are also important. I think mindfulness has its place, but although the book helped to explain what mindfulness is, I don't agree with what it showed the proper place/ ...more
Mary
I felt that this book was pretty preachy about the idea of living in the present moment and practicing mindfulness. If that is something that a parent is trying to teach his/her children, then this book is perfect for explaining that idea. However, if this is not a goal of the person reading the book, it could come across as pretty forward. It does, however, explain the act of practicing mindfulness pretty well!
Melissa
May 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s-books
It's good to be mindful but there was something about this book that I just really didn't like. Even if someone is focused on getting one thing done at a time, it doesn't mean that they are going to be happy which is the message this book seems to give. And even if someone is scatterbrained, it doesn't mean that they are bound to be miserable, either.
Vonnie
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a yogi I just love this book!! It's message about being present is so beautiful, & great character choices! The author puts this lesson concretely for children, without being too preachy or abstract
Angie
Apr 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: yoga
Yoga storytime
Turrean
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Illustrations could be better, but the message is a great one. My students definitely got it.
Gretchen
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent for both children and adults!
Cheri
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this during 2nd Grade Reading Groups. Standard Ask and Answer Questions.
Before reading: What do you think the word "mindful" means? Read story and check back in with the question.
Marelu
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, simple and clear in explaining to children the practice of being "mindful". Adults would love it too.
Charlie
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book. It helped Monkey and I to be peaceful and have our minds full about what is happening this moment. I believe that this book is great for people who need to be relaxed and stuff like that.
Dana

• Julián Is a Mermaid
  • Raccoon on His Own
  • How This Book Was Made
  • Bee Still: An Invitation to Meditation
  • This Moment Is Your Life (and So Is This One): A Fun and Easy Guide to Mindfulness, Meditation, and Yoga
  • Sweet Dreams: Bedtime Visualizations for Kids
  • Big Breath: A Guided Meditation for Kids
  • Lucky Stars (Mr. Wolf's Class, #3)
  • Good Night Chicago
  • The Dog Who Lost His Bark
  • Bad Kitty Gets a Bath
  • Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray: The Uproar at the Front Door
  • Sitting Still Like a Frog: Mindfulness Exercises for Kids (and Their Parents)
  • Pug Blasts Off (Diary of a Pug #1)
  • Giraffes Can't Dance